There are 212 users in the forums

Current players under contract ,most likely traded or cut after season

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Who most likely is not going to be brought back one way or another? I want Kaepernick traded, Bethea cut, Pears cut, Brooks cut. What do you guys want or think will happen?
Cut Devey
Kaepernick
Pears
Brooks
Bethea
Looks like you agree with me Phoenix, if Devey is under contract for next year, then that is another guy I'd like cut. I think he's a FA at the end of the season though?
Players that I think may get traded:
Kaepernick
Dorsey
Brooks
Bethea
Brock

Notable players that I think may get cut:
Hayne
McDonald
Pears
Devey
Thomas
Dorsey
Brooks
Lemonier
Wilhoite
Devey and Wilhoite are FA's, Lemonier I could see as a guy who battles for one of the last spots on the roster. Does Dorsey, Brooks, Bethea have much trade value? Iwould trade any of those guys for what ever a team would give us, as far as draft picks would go. Brock I wouldn't mind seeing traded if we could get good value out of him, but I don't see him being moved. Kaepernick I would trade to the highest bidder, and not look back.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Kaepernick
Pears
Brooks
Bethea

This.
I thought Devey was adequate.
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:
Devey and Wilhoite are FA's, Lemonier I could see as a guy who battles for one of the last spots on the roster. Does Dorsey, Brooks, Bethea have much trade value? Iwould trade any of those guys for what ever a team would give us, as far as draft picks would go. Brock I wouldn't mind seeing traded if we could get good value out of him, but I don't see him being moved. Kaepernick I would trade to the highest bidder, and not look back.

Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Kaepernick
Pears
Brooks
Bethea

This.

Down !
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:
Looks like you agree with me Phoenix, if Devey is under contract for next year, then that is another guy I'd like cut. I think he's a FA at the end of the season though?

Yes, he is a FA. He is definitely a goner.

Kap aint going no where.
I wonder who we will bring in as FA's this year? I know in the past, Baalke has really played the comp. balance pick game, and looked to sign guys who were cut so it wouldn't count in the formula. This year should be a year where we splurge and sign some young play makers at positions of need to FRONT LOADED contracts. We have tons to spend right now, so I'd like to see a couple young guys signed this way, so as each year passes, their contract gets cheaper, thus creating more cap room available each year, instead of most contracts, that get bigger and eat up more cap room, thus potentially forcing cuts to accomodate increased payroll.

We're going to stink next year as well, so it's not like we're doing a quick fix, or adding a missing piece. We need to get guys in here that we plan on using for MANY years, and project to be here for many years.
We have 55 players signed for 2016 right now.

Most likely to be cut are IMO, cap wise.

Kaepernick
Brooks
Bethea
Dorsey
Pears

Also Devey is ERFA, he probably gets tendered, I wouldn't though, not worth the league minimum.

Only major FAs are Boldin, and Boone. Dawson is also unsigned.
You really see Dorsey being cut? How much savings would that provide?
I just looked at over the cap, and it says we'd save 2.15 million. He's going into the final year of his deal, thus the cap hit would be 691,668. Upon looking at the numbers, cutting Dorsey would make sense in that it opens up a starting spot for Armstead, and gives us a little extra money to improve the roster else where.
Share 49ersWebzone