LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 238 users in the forums

Would you like to see Mike Holgrem coming back here?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Would you like to see Mike Holgrem coming back here?

Holgrem is not the man we need
pete carroll vs mike holmgren rivalry.
... as opposed to what we have now? uh....yeah.
Holmgren's resume is impressive. As the coach of the Packers and Seahawks, Holmgren amassed a 161-111 record, winning a ring in 1996 and reaching the Super Bowl two more times later in his career, which ended after the 2008 season. Most recently, Holmgren served as the president of the Browns -- a job that didn't go as planned. In Holmgren's three years in Cleveland, the Browns went 14-34. Holmgren's tenure ended following the 2012 season and he recently admitted that he should've coached the Browns.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25429750/report-mike-holmgren-is-interested-in-coaching-the-49ers
Yes but only because that means no Tomsula. Anyone is better then Jimmy T
Originally posted by Rocket4989:
pete carroll vs mike holmgren rivalry.

Holmgren routinely and thoroughly dicked Carroll when Pete was our DC.
Originally posted by Niners816:
Holmgren routinely and thoroughly dicked Carroll when Pete was our DC.

20 years ago.
This last December, after the season, I had a couple of chances, and almost took one of them, and then realized that, 'What am I doing?' You know, I'd be traveling across the country and my grandkids are all in Seattle, and my life is really good but I had the bug still, and then I told my agent, 'You know, the one I'd really kind of like to do is San Francisco,' and so they reached out to the 49ers and essentially, I got the call back saying, 'Nah, we're going with a younger guy.'

http://ninernoise.com/2015/12/28/nfl-rumors-mike-holmgren-still-interested-in-coaching-the-san-francisco-49ers/
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Holmgren for HC
Tomsula for Dline coach

No, Tomsula must go!
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Holmgren would not be my first choice

But over JtOM - yes

I still think HUGH - need an aggressive play caller that attacks the ball down the field

We need to bring back the west coast offense to the west coast.
Karma!
I paid for sunny ticket and Direct TV just to watch our Niners however,it's hard to watch we have officially the boringest team in the league.
We must have offensive minded head coach because if not we will have to worry about our OC getting cherry picked like "Mike Nolan".
Mike Holmgren we know can get the job done because if you did it before you can do it again.
Maybe as a consultant but not as a HEAD coach
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
He is a bit old, but hey let's face it, anyone is an upgrade from Tomsula at this point.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
I wanted Holmgren before they hired Tomsula
Love the roots to the past and his desire to be a Niner, and honestly he's light years better than what we have now.
Share 49ersWebzone