There are 252 users in the forums

will the yorks fire tomsula

Shop Find 49ers gear online

will the yorks fire tomsula

• rrx1
  • Veteran
My prediction - stating it again here. Tomsula is gone and either Mangini or Sparano will be promoted with most of the existing staff staying in place. If I had to pick one of the 2, my guess would be Mangini. His career curve perfectly fits all the York requirements.
1. Been here for a while doing a bunch of odd jobs (Consultant, TE coach, DC)
2. He's survived through multiple HC regimes
3. From all the various media articles/takes on him - he's supposedly good at putting X's and O's on the board and presenting them (queue Nolan and his impressive PowerPoint interview)
4. He's got some Ohio connections
5. He's indirectly connected to Bill Parcells (Baalke)
6. He's played small school ball (Baalke and a bunch of the other FO scrubs)
7. York likes to brag about how he talks to Robert Kraft so possibly Kraft gives Mangini a ringing reference
8. He does underhanded s**t - see the spygate/video taping controversy with the Patriots a few years back

Anyway, once that decisions been made, the rest is predictable. We'll get press conferences trying to spin how Manginin/Sparano have been head coaches in this league, but needed a bit more seasoning. That this was the plan from the get go and everything is proceeding as planned. This will set off most b******t detectors, but there are just enough people that enjoy groveling in b******t that it buys the organization another year. Recall the fan optimism last year about giving Tomsula a chance. So I predict a large portion of the fan base will give another under qualified HC a chance, and we'll be right back here next year. Next year the poll title will be "Will the Yorks fire Mangini/Sparano?"

To make my position clear - I wouldn't be surprised at all if this happened. I would be sorely disappointed if it did.
Originally posted by CityKing415:
Originally posted by sanjo49er:
Jed has no balls

Sure he does. Their in Trent's mouth

Originally posted by rrx1:
My prediction - stating it again here. Tomsula is gone and either Mangini or Sparano will be promoted with most of the existing staff staying in place. If I had to pick one of the 2, my guess would be Mangini. His career curve perfectly fits all the York requirements.
3. From all the various media articles/takes on him - he's supposedly good at putting X's and O's on the board and presenting them (queue Nolan and his impressive PowerPoint interview)
7. York likes to brag about how he talks to Robert Kraft so possibly Kraft gives Mangini a ringing reference
8. He does underhanded s**t - see the spygate/video taping controversy with the Patriots a few years back

Anyway, once that decisions been made, the rest is predictable. We'll get press conferences trying to spin how Manginin/Sparano have been head coaches in this league, but needed a bit more seasoning. That this was the plan from the get go and everything is proceeding as planned. This will set off most b******t detectors, but there are just enough people that enjoy groveling in b******t that it buys the organization another year. Recall the fan optimism last year about giving Tomsula a chance. So I predict a large portion of the fan base will give another under qualified HC a chance, and we'll be right back here next year. Next year the poll title will be "Will the Yorks fire Mangini/Sparano?"

To make my position clear - I wouldn't be surprised at all if this happened. I would be sorely disappointed if it did.

THE Dorks always promote from within , so you might be right .
Good points rrx. Problem is if the guy can take a top 5 d and turn it into a 30th ranked d or whatever we are why should he be given a head coaching job? Every spot he touched (first offense helping game plan, then te's, now defense) turned to crap. So yeah our stupid ownership better not give him a head coaching job because he's 3 for 3 in failures here.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by rrx1:

If that were to go down, the 9ers would be done for the next 10 years.
Originally posted by Rascal:
If that were to go down, the 9ers would be done for the next 10 years.

I fear that may already be the case. I concur that IF Jed fires Tomsula, and I am not sure of that, Jed will promote from within, and probably Mangini. I think fans will drink that Kool-Aid because they want to hope beyond hope that this can get turned around. It's can't with what we have in place. The other issue I think is if Tomsula is let go, who, that is a good HC or prospect, will want to come to the 49ers and take a HC job right now with them? Depends on the contract I guess. Bottom line, the 49ers are in a mess and will be for sometime, maybe that entire 10 years, we'll see. So I honestly think Tomsula is a 50/50 shot for staying or going. Won't surprise me if he stays, won't disappoint me at all if he goes. If he goes, I would expect Mangini to be the next HC unless someone can get through to Jed York to back out of running a business he doesn't understand. That won't happen.
One out two isn't bad glad tomsula is gone
IBTL
no
Originally posted by 16to87:
IBTL

Lol

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
No chance at all. Ron Jeremy will be your coach again next year. Count on it.
Fail Fail Fail.
Share 49ersWebzone