LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 309 users in the forums

The York's have FIRED the last two WINNING Coaches

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
We dont raise Divisional Championship banners.. we raise Superbowl Banners.

You can hold me accountable.

- Jed York

If he isn't pinned down on that by the press when he emerges from his hole next week I'm going to go ballistic. No way the presstitutes such as Maiocco and Lynch will say anything. Killion, Kawakami and the Cohn's will almost certainly attempt to pin him to the wall. We are going to learn a whole lot next week when we see how Jed responds. My guess is that our pessimism about the intelligence, integrity and caring of the ownership will be amply confirmed and that the mass exodus of fans will increase.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
The Yorks create a toxic culture where their managers don't get along an nobody trusts each other.
Harbaugh was able to overcome the dysfunction for awhile.

they have also created a culture where there is a serious serious disconnect between the fans and team,,, they either do not know or do not care

Probably a little bit of both. Jed once stated that he got approached by people at some fancy resteraunt in the bay area and told him he was doing a fine job.

Lol go to the local hooters during the game and the sentiment will be quiete different.
hooters
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Probably a little bit of both. Jed once stated that he got approached by people at some fancy resteraunt in the bay area and told him he was doing a fine job.

Lol go to the local hooters during the game and the sentiment will be quiete different.

yes,, those are the same people who go to the stadium and all they want to do is eat sushi and social media on their phones, whether its the new stadium bringing in a new so called class of so called fans or whatever,, there is something seriously wrong within the franchise that goes deeper than having a impotent so called coaching staff
Originally posted by joaosoarrs99:
Teams fire coaches that doesn't win Super Bowls even if they can get to the playoffs in a regular basis.

Look at the Broncos last offseason.

The Steelers kept Bill Cowher around for about 13 seasons (longer than Walsh's entire 49ers tenure) before he finally won a SB
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Teams fire coaches that doesn't win Super Bowls even if they can get to the playoffs in a regular basis.

The Steelers kept Bill Cowher around for about 13 seasons (longer than Walsh's entire 49ers tenure) before he finally won a SB
nice pick cowher
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

nice pick cowher

thanks?
Originally posted by cciowa:
The Yorks create a toxic culture where their managers don't get along an nobody trusts each other.
Harbaugh was able to overcome the dysfunction for awhile.

they have also created a culture where there is a serious serious disconnect between the fans and team,,, they either do not know or do not care

But when was that? Two years ago, Jed could have gone anywhere among 49er fans and been hailed as a hero. That rich MF would never have had to pay for a drink. That was before he f****d it up.
[ Edited by BillRing49 on Dec 28, 2015 at 2:48 PM ]
Originally posted by drunk49er:
i could have stomached both firings if they made some kind of an attempt to upgrade after. what did we get? dennis erickson and jim tomsula. one guy hasn't gotten another shot in the nfl, and the other won't get another look when jed finally has to fire him.

THIS is the thing!!!

With Mooch I was like eh whatever. Then they bring in that hack. Harbaugh, I wasnt happy w but If it was cuz of reluctance to fire Roman, or it was just gonna happen, ok. At least do a better job of knocking the subsequent hire outta the park. That didnt happen either time.

Matter a fact, IIRC Mooch was a in house hire was he not? I dont remember a too serious search for Seifert's replacement either. Anyone with any knowledge of the background of the search back then?

Edit: Wasnt an in house hire, came from Cal. I had forgot. Dont remember much about the hire, vaguely remember he wasnt high on the list though
[ Edited by VDpwndMjenkins on Dec 28, 2015 at 5:50 PM ]
Originally posted by VDpwndMjenkins:
Originally posted by drunk49er:
i could have stomached both firings if they made some kind of an attempt to upgrade after. what did we get? dennis erickson and jim tomsula. one guy hasn't gotten another shot in the nfl, and the other won't get another look when jed finally has to fire him.

THIS is the thing!!!

With Mooch I was like eh whatever. Then they bring in that hack. Harbaugh, I wasnt happy w but If it was cuz of reluctance to fire Roman, or it was just gonna happen, ok. At least do a better job of knocking the subsequent hire outta the park. That didnt happen either time.

Matter a fact, IIRC Mooch was a in house hire was he not? I dont remember a too serious search for Seifert's replacement either. Anyone with any knowledge of the background of the search back then?

He was the HC at Cal when the 49ers hired him and before that was the QB coach for the Packers.
but dat wifi doe

He was the HC at Cal when the 49ers hired him and before that was the QB coach for the Packers.

Eddie D and co. was trying anything to get a Holmgren type guy and that point in January of 1997.
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Janitor:
It seriously doesn't make any sense. You have a coach that just took you to the playoffs (mooch) and you fire him.

Then you have a coach who took you to 3 NFCCG's in a row, who has one "Jeff Fisher Deluxe" season, and you fire him.

In the interim you hold on to coaches who go 2-4 seasons without a wining record.

*brain melts*

TO had a very huge influence on that...not that it helps. Fans were also upset at Mooch's conservative offense

If Moochs offense was conservative, what kind of offense do we have now ? I would take his offense in a heartbeat because at least it's watchable.

It's all about comparison, Mooch came at the end of 20 years of winning and an extremely prolific offense. Harbaughs offense was compared to, well, Erickson, Nolan, and Singletary.... Not like he needed to change much to improve from those 3. Plus, the defense had a huge role in the fact that Harbaughs teams were winning. With that said, I'd take Harbaugh back in a heartbeat, and Fangio..
Originally posted by Niners816:

Eddie D and co. was trying anything to get a Holmgren type guy and that point in January of 1997.

Sounds about right. I totally get the hiring as well. But I think the real downfall was the mortgaging of the future to try and maintain their reign at the top and poor drafting for almost the entire decade of the 90s. Every move after that last Super Bowl reeked of desperation.
Share 49ersWebzone