LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 310 users in the forums

Game #15 The Good, Bad, Ugly

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
We need 3 starters on the OL and talk is about drafting a QB with our hightest pick.? I would much prefer to get the OL taken care of first. Goff will probably go high in the draft, probably once again by cleveland. Still that doesn't mean we SHOULD do that. Also need that passrushing OLB and DT as starters. Way before burning an importtant pick on QB.

Build your lines first....Vince Lombardi.

The QB is the most important single position on the team. If there is a chance to get a guy who can fill that role well for years to come they have to take him.

The o-line will not be fixed in the draft alone. They need to get a few vets in there to shore it up.
Originally posted by CullyInTheHouse:
Seriously I'm baffled that people think Reid played bad. Dude was in perfect position in coverage nearly all game and even broke up the pass to Johnson late in the game when it was first ruled a catch. He did miss the one tackle but aside from that was good. Again like people had predetermined thoughts on Ward last year, the same is happening with the Reid. People remember one or two bad plays they make every game and automatically assume it was a poor game. Smh............

After the game there was discussion (don't recall which guru) said that Reid was having to think too much due to Mangini's system but would excell next year. That sounds right to me.
Woolick, if we had the choice of Jameis winston, Cam newton, Andrew luck, russ wilson...then i might agree with you. But the best of the best is Goff, and sad to say, he will be drafted high, maybe top 5, but he is not of the caliber thqt a top pick qB needs to be to deserve being picked early first round. So in that case, i would definitely go starting OL first, or OLB passrusher starter, then starting DT. But not in a million yrs would i burn a realy high pick on Goff and the likes of him. To me this is a pretty easy choice. OT/ DT/OLB and they all would need to be starters. We bridge QB gab for 2016 and then go after a qb from the 2017 class. Phoenix has commented that 2017 does not have the QB talent that 2016 does. My comment to that is, 2017 has not even played yet. In any event, we need to bring in the best QB coach in the football, both pro or college, and then bring in the top 10-15 best UDFA qBs in the draft, and try them all out. We don't have to keep any of them, but if we found a gem, so much the better.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Dec 28, 2015 at 7:48 PM ]
We need 3 starters on the OL and talk is about drafting a QB with our hightest pick.? I would much prefer to get the OL taken care of first. Goff will probably go high in the draft, probably once again by cleveland. Still that doesn't mean we SHOULD do that. Also need that passrushing OLB and DT as starters. Way before burning an importtant pick on QB.

This
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

This

Via dj43, here are our lines currently (cumulative grades):

Trenton Brown #28 --- Andrew Tiller #22 --- Daniel Kilgore #29 --- Alex Boone #40 --- Joe Staley #8

Arik Armstead #33 --- Ian Williams #16 --- Quinton Dial #72
Woolick, if we had the choice of Jameis winston, Cam newton, Andrew luck, russ wilson...then i might agree with you. But the best of the best is Goff, and sad to say, he will be drafted high, maybe top 5, but he is not of the caliber thqt a top pick qB needs to be to deserve being picked early first round. So in that case, i would definitely go starting OL first, or OLB passrusher starter, then starting DT. But not in a million yrs would i burn a realy high pick on Goff and the likes of him. To me this is a pretty easy choice. OT/ DT/OLB and they all would need to be starters. We bridge QB gab for 2016 and then go after a qb from the 2017 class. Phoenix has commented that 2017 does not have the QB talent that 2016 does. My comment to that is, 2017 has not even played yet. In any event, we need to bring in the best QB coach in the football, both pro or college, and then bring in the top 10-15 best UDFA qBs in the draft, and try them all out. We don't have to keep any of them, but if we found a gem, so much the better.

You might want to go back and watch the Cal bowl game with Air Force before you make such a statement.

If we are looking at drafting a QB in 2017 and him sitting for a year, they are definitely going to need to get a veteran QB to be a possible bridge and mentor in case Gabbert cannot be that guy.
I am all for looking for UDFA gems.
Barry, that's the thing...Cal vs Air Force isn't Alabama vs Clemson. Res ipsa loquitor.." The thing speaks for itself"
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

This

I completely agree that the OL needs to be handled before we find a QB, but do you trust Baalke to fix it....I'm honestly not so sure.
Share 49ersWebzone