There are 306 users in the forums

Game #15 The Good, Bad, Ugly

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Glad this is almost over

The GOOD:

One more game to end this

Improved our draft position for now

Ward had a good game

Bowman – played well, very smart player on that sack of Stafford.

Vance – Mr. Inconsistent. One week total suckage and the next very good

The D played tough but failed.

Gabbert proved and left no doubt that he isn't our franchise QB. No more deliberations or questions to waste time on. The choice is crystal clear. VERY good back-up and that's it.

Harris running. he really surprised me

The 1st half we played well - not great but better than in most previous games.

The BAD:

Dawson – the handwriting is on the wall.

Special Teams caught flat-footed on fake punt, penalties

Reid has become gun-shy

The UGLY:
I likes trent brown and dujuan Harris. .. The rest no comment
Agree that Trent Brown should be added to the good. I thought Reid was dropping the hammer in the 2nd half.

I thought our inability to answer the Lions' 2nd half adjustments was embarrassing and inexcusable.
Good:
Harris was a beast in first half then disapeared after that hit, injured??

No marcus martin

As a aussie im happy hayne made a return wasnt great but did ok hopefully more improvments nice he lowered the shoulder on that block to help gabbert

Bad: tackling, penalties

Ugly: ME!!!!! Waking up at 430am to watch the game
the Good:

1.The running backs had a good game. Combined 112 yds rushing:

DuJuan looked quick and decisive, and made good decisions for the most part when his numbered was called. Gaskins had one strong run. Even Hayne always got positive yardage and never lost yards though the only play calls he got were dives/draws to the right side of the line. Too bad the playcalling was so bad in the 2nd half to carry on with the positive 1st half

2. The line played better than most of this year:

The left side of the line was opening gaping holes in the first half. Pass protection was better - only 3 sacks. Not all world but at least Gabbert wasn't getting pounded like a $10 hooker.

3. Vance MacDonald had a good game.

4. Defense competed hard for the first half. Bowman had a good game except for one missed tackle. Ward had a good game.

the Bad:

1. Offensive play calling is awful. I don't know how you guys haven't run Chryst out of town.

2. Special Teams is a joke. There was no punt return game today. Dawson's number is up. Ellington at least had a few KR yards today but its night and day for him between running KR when he can look downfield and see where the defenders are vs. catching punts looking up and having the courage to back himself in any traffic.

3. The team is mentally weak. They rolled over in the second half (which was probably compounded by the terrible playcalling) and the penalties they were taking are the kind that mentally weak teams take - they do it when they think they are overmatched and are trying to compensate...ie. constantly trying to jump the snap count.

4. Gabbert: he does not see the entire field. There were many times receivers were open and he simply didn't see them or had the patience to check down and look at all options. He could have run for first downs at times but threw for incompletions instead. He does not look confident or decisive out there.

5. The defence mailed it in in the second half. Stafford finished 29/37 with 301 yds and 118.6 QB rating. Only 2 sacks. There were no turnovers in the game.
[ Edited by carogan on Dec 27, 2015 at 3:31 PM ]
  • Drift
  • Veteran
So was this an intentional second half tank? Play one half to win / other to lose sort of game? First half is all I saw before having to attend to other matters. Seemed ok except for repeated dumb penalties.
Originally posted by Drift:
So was this an intentional second half tank? Play one half to win / other to lose sort of game? First half is all I saw before having to attend to other matters. Seemed ok except for repeated dumb penalties.

I'm almost thinking it was

Since this was the EXACT opposite to the rest of the games where the niners struggled early and got some late points.

Hayne played well, no mistakes, took hits, blocked well, 5 receptions, 9 carries.

Am I the only one who thought bowman had a so so game? Missed several open field tackles that led to big gains for the lions
  • Dingo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Drift:

Lmao there is no way they are smart enough to fabricate anything so complex. They were lucky to be playing catch up. Then, in the second half the wheels fell off.

Ugliest moment: Boldin shaking his head. Body language doesn't lie.
Ian Williams keeps impressing.
How did Reid play bad? Holy cow do some of ya'll stick with predetermined opinions. He had a bad missed tackle but no different than anyone else. Reid was in good position in coverage all game and laid the hammer on at least three plays. Definitely doesn't deserve to be on the bad end.

Bowman played good? I mean he got a sack or half a sack, but he had even worse missed tackles than Reid or anyone else. Three times he missed a tackle giving up a first down.

Brown and Staley both were awesome in pass protection. They should be in the good category.

Ward played well for the most part but allowed that big play to Tate before halftime. Pretty much that goes for the entire secondary. They all had moments but then had that one bad play.

Ian Williams continues to play well.

Ok Bowman had his second worst game of the year if he was the good what was the bad. He missed so many easy tackles today.

The good: Brown, Staley, Ian, DJ and Harris
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Ok Bowman had his second worst game of the year if he was the good what was the bad. He missed so many easy tackles today.

The good: Brown, Staley, Ian, DJ and Harris
I will add to my own post.
The D played like pure suckage they should be no where near the good line. Do people really watch the games anymore?
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Ian Williams keeps impressing.
contract year
Seriously I'm baffled that people think Reid played bad. Dude was in perfect position in coverage nearly all game and even broke up the pass to Johnson late in the game when it was first ruled a catch. He did miss the one tackle but aside from that was good. Again like people had predetermined thoughts on Ward last year, the same is happening with the Reid. People remember one or two bad plays they make every game and automatically assume it was a poor game. Smh............
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Good. Seasons almost over

Bad. We do this again next season

Ugly. No end in sight.
Share 49ersWebzone