There are 282 users in the forums

The John Taylor Appreciation Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Been watching a lot of old 49ers games and I'm blown away by how bad Taylor's hands were. Just how bad was this guy? He makes Terrell Owens look like Fred Biletnikoff.

Rice triple teamed every down and the most he can manage is 2 1,000 yard flat seasons? Pathetic. Can't believe fans like this guy.
He played a mean bass though.

More than good enough for a #2 receiver IMO.
If the 49ers had had a good #2 they probably would've gone undefeated every year of Rice's prime. Rice put up those unreal numbers drawing constant triple teams. Imagine what he could have done if he was receiving single coverage.

And there was no cap until 1993, so no excuses for not picking up a legitimate #2.
This thread is laughable.....John Taylor was an outstanding number 2 WR and would have been a number one on several teams.
Worst attempt at trolling....EVER!

You're probably gonna have a s**tty Christmas for making this thread...lol
Rice, Taylor, Craig, Rathman, Jones.

Sorry dude, you are just wrong. There wasn't enough of the ball to go round all these targets.Did you actually see him play?
Originally posted by English:
Rice, Taylor, Craig, Rathman, Jones.

Sorry dude, you are just wrong. There wasn't enough of the ball to go round all these targets.Did you actually see him play?

He said that he's watching old games. So I assume he didn't see him play.
Originally posted by Niners816:
This thread is laughable.....John Taylor was an outstanding number 2 WR and would have been a number one on several teams.

49ers were offering him to Tampa Bay for a 10th round pick after seeing him in camp, so I don't see how.
He also caught the pass that won us a Super Bowl against the Bengals.
Originally posted by Jimbutsu:

49ers were offering him to Tampa Bay for a 10th round pick after seeing him in camp, so I don't see how.

The same team that cut Young...

Originally posted by Jimbutsu:

Good thing they didn't, considering he averaged 16 yards a catch for his career. Boy Walsh really knew how to troll TB back in the day....he negated this trade then got Steve the following year.
[ Edited by Niners816 on Dec 24, 2015 at 6:29 AM ]
He's still the only WR to have two 90yrd TDs in one game.
If someone wants to make threads like this, they need to produce some evidence or a link. Here is mine. NFL.COM.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000210699/article/san-francisco-49ers-alltime-underrated-overrated-players
Lets make this a John Taylor appreciation thread

Boy look at him take that slant and rack up yardage.

He was clutch as well...,can't forget this.
Share 49ersWebzone