LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 275 users in the forums

Who of the following should play Running Back against the Lions?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who of the following should play Running Back against the Lions?

• Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BarrySandwich:
Im cheering for the Lions so don't care

Matt Stafford 45
Blaine Gabbert 7

Why are you cheering the Lions?

I want the 49ers to win, no matter what/
Originally posted by Goatie:
Why are you cheering the Lions?

I want the 49ers to win, no matter what/

We want the 49ers to get destroyed in the last 2 games in the hope some of the coaches will get sacked because of it
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
We want Hayne

What are your reasons behind that?

Would be good for Hayne to get more game experience if he plans to stay with the team. Also might make PR and KR more bearable.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Glenn coffee
52% say hayne haha think its rigged
  • Ute66
  • Veteran
Originally posted by theauviper:
That is incorrect as was analysed by this board. He did miss one, but he is hardly alone in that regard.

As for the RB corps this week

Harris
Gaskins
Hayne

Hayne for return duties and 5 -10 carries for a proper evaluation
Gaskins for short yardage or emergency(for some reason they like him, I think he is just bad all round and the stats show this too)
Harris as the work horse - 10 to 20 carries

Simple really.
Originally posted by jonnydel:
here's the play you mentioned - I don't put this sack on him, but more on Devey/Boone. Everything I've seen in playbooks, usually, if a RB is going to give inside help on a rush, it's in the "A" gap or "2" hole(between C and RG).

It's 3rd and 8, so we're going to try and go for the sticks here. It's a streak/out concept. We've run this concept a lot over the years. You clear out the outside space and hit an out route to your receiver who has inside leverage.

Vernon has his outside release and jab steps on his out route.

IMO VD wins his battle and is open, but CK can't get him the ball because of the pressure. He also had Patton as an option on the backside.

The Ravens are gonna try and overload the right side of the line. However, we slide the line to the right and should be able to pick this up.

You see the line slide to the right and Hayne moves to fill the "a" gap. As far as I've seen in all my playbooks, this should be where Hayne picks up the rusher. You, generally, either have your RB fill the inside "A" gap or help the tackle with the outside rush. On a line slide, he shouldn't be outside help.

Balt actually runs a stunt off this side. The inside rusher pushes up field on the outside shoulder of Devey and the outside rusher cuts in.

For some reason, Devey slides back in on the inside rushing defender. This is a big mistake, he has both Hayne and Martin helping inside. Boone also gets too tall on his block and is easily shucked.

That's just ugly....3 blockers on 1 guy with 1 defender coming free...

CK then tries to step up and away from the free rusher, but Boone's man is there to get him. I also pointed out how, from this angle, you can see VD won his battle. I believe, if CK has the time, he hits VD on this play.
That's the infamous "miss"
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ute66:
Originally posted by theauviper:
That is incorrect as was analysed by this board. He did miss one, but he is hardly alone in that regard.

As for the RB corps this week

Harris
Gaskins
Hayne

Hayne for return duties and 5 -10 carries for a proper evaluation
Gaskins for short yardage or emergency(for some reason they like him, I think he is just bad all round and the stats show this too)
Harris as the work horse - 10 to 20 carries

Simple really.
Originally posted by jonnydel:
here's the play you mentioned - I don't put this sack on him, but more on Devey/Boone. Everything I've seen in playbooks, usually, if a RB is going to give inside help on a rush, it's in the "A" gap or "2" hole(between C and RG).

It's 3rd and 8, so we're going to try and go for the sticks here. It's a streak/out concept. We've run this concept a lot over the years. You clear out the outside space and hit an out route to your receiver who has inside leverage.

Vernon has his outside release and jab steps on his out route.

IMO VD wins his battle and is open, but CK can't get him the ball because of the pressure. He also had Patton as an option on the backside.

The Ravens are gonna try and overload the right side of the line. However, we slide the line to the right and should be able to pick this up.

You see the line slide to the right and Hayne moves to fill the "a" gap. As far as I've seen in all my playbooks, this should be where Hayne picks up the rusher. You, generally, either have your RB fill the inside "A" gap or help the tackle with the outside rush. On a line slide, he shouldn't be outside help.

Balt actually runs a stunt off this side. The inside rusher pushes up field on the outside shoulder of Devey and the outside rusher cuts in.

For some reason, Devey slides back in on the inside rushing defender. This is a big mistake, he has both Hayne and Martin helping inside. Boone also gets too tall on his block and is easily shucked.

That's just ugly....3 blockers on 1 guy with 1 defender coming free...

CK then tries to step up and away from the free rusher, but Boone's man is there to get him. I also pointed out how, from this angle, you can see VD won his battle. I believe, if CK has the time, he hits VD on this play.
That's the infamous "miss"

That is the one I am talking about. Clearly Devey's mistake. Thanks for digging that up mate.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Odds on Hayne will be called up to the roster tomorrow
Hayne not without fault on that play. He should read the gaps. See who's coming through. If he doesn't see a rusher coming through one gap, he should quickly move on to the next. He should be the last line of defense. Take on who ever the offensive line guys missed.

Instead, he decided to take a triple team
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Dec 26, 2015 at 1:38 AM ]
Play bruce ellington there

Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Hayne not without fault on that play. He should read the gaps. See who's coming through. If he doesn't see a rusher coming through one gap, he should quickly move on to the next. He should be the last line of defense. Take on who ever the offensive line guys missed.

Instead, he decided to take a triple team

Exactly and when you actually watch it at game speed he looked lost ( not knowing where to go)
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I think Draughn is out for this game.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/four-injured-starters-will-not-make-trip-detroit
[ Edited by mayo49 on Dec 26, 2015 at 2:52 AM ]
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:

Draughn is out

Draughn is out

Sorry I couldn't hear you over the drone. You were draughned out.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KeepRabbitsOut:

Draughn is out

Sorry I couldn't hear you over the drone. You were draughned out.

So who will be the starting running back?
Share 49ersWebzone