LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 302 users in the forums

Who of the following should play Running Back against the Lions?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who of the following should play Running Back against the Lions?

• Goatie
  • Veteran
Who do you think should be playing Running this Sunday against Detroit Lions?

Interested to see what your reasons might be?
  • dj43
Cadet was cut. Draughn will not play any more this season, per reports. Harris has at least seen enough playing time in the past to know what to do. I would like to see Hayne activated and get some reps but he is just not good enough yet to play more than spot duty. His pass protection was not good when he was playing.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Gaskin wasn't included in the poll because he is already a starter,
We want Hayne
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
We want Hayne

What are your reasons behind that?
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
No one wants Davis? He was number two before he broke his hand.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Let Hayne play
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Cadet's a Saint
Originally posted by dj43:
His pass protection was not good when he was playing.

That is incorrect as was analysed by this board. He did miss one, but he is hardly alone in that regard.

As for the RB corps this week

Harris
Gaskins
Hayne

Hayne for return duties and 5 -10 carries for a proper evaluation
Gaskins for short yardage or emergency(for some reason they like him, I think he is just bad all round and the stats show this too)
Harris as the work horse - 10 to 20 carries

Simple really.
Anyone but Hayne. I don't want him on the 53, I want him to stay off contract so he can be free to leave as soon as possible in the off season. 49ers are a toxic, dysfunctional franchise.

• dj43
Originally posted by theauviper:

That is incorrect as was analysed by this board. He did miss one, but he is hardly alone in that regard.

Harris
Gaskins
Hayne

Gaskins for short yardage or emergency(for some reason they like him, I think he is just bad all round and the stats show this too)

Simple really.

Hayne - that one must have been the one I saw. I did not see the breakdown of him on the board.

Personally, I would like to see him get some play but would be surprised if he did. With all the mistakes made by others, he should have been in the mix before now.
Hayne - that one must have been the one I saw. I did not see the breakdown of him on the board.

That's not to say he can't improve there, obviously he can. He made several good blocks over the 6 games and did as well as a NFL rookie could be expected too. Was not a liability that's for sure. Pretty much every big play/sack was broken down and analysed at some point here.

Don't forget, he has been practising for the last 8 weeks, we can only assume he is now better at each of the parts of the NFL, picked up some of the nuances etc

Allthough I want to see him play these next 2 weeks, its more for experience for next season. I believe next year will be his break out year
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by theauviper:

Harris
Gaskins
Hayne

Simple really.

Personally, I would like to see him get some play but would be surprised if he did. With all the mistakes made by others, he should have been in the mix before now.

The block some claim Hayne missed was analysed on a Hayne thread now deleted.

It showed Hayne follow his assignment but Devey did not. He moved right where he should have been covering the centre. A rusher came around Devey and the other linesmen while Hayne went left to follow his assignment. The rusher was obscured from Hayne by Devey and the other player, tightend from memory, and came around the outside of them and sacked Kaep. Hardly Hayne's fault when Devey did not do what he was meant to
Originally posted by Goatie:
The block some claim Hayne missed was analysed on a Hayne thread now deleted.

It showed Hayne follow his assignment but Devey did not. He moved right where he should have been covering the centre. A rusher came around Devey and the other linesmen while Hayne went left to follow his assignment. The rusher was obscured from Hayne by Devey and the other player, tightend from memory, and came around the outside of them and sacked Kaep. Hardly Hayne's fault when Devey did not do what he was meant to

there was one though in week 6 that hayne did mess up, but thats ok, he is a rookie after all and is hardly alone when it comes to needing to work on pass protection.
Im cheering for the Lions so don't care

Matt Stafford 45
Blaine Gabbert 7
Share 49ersWebzone