LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 285 users in the forums

I can't believe no one got fired yet , what an inept franchise

Shop Find 49ers gear online
wait til the end of the season. 2 more sundays to go
Originally posted by Rocket4989:
wait til the end of the season. 2 more sundays to go

As punishing and grueling the thought of watching a Tomsula /Chryst coached team for two more games, I'll be here ...gotta support our team through the good and bad, this season has been ALL Bad ...lets hope the right changes will be made to save our team next year, they owe us a solid year after putting up with this s**tty year due to their bad decisions
What would be the purpose of firing anyone at this point of the season? The season is already lost, you gain nothing by making a change just to make a change and anyone who is available to hire is probably not going to be a long term solution anyway so you would just have to end up hiring someone else later. How does that make the organization inept? From everything I have read York and Baalke are almost certainly going to give Tomsula another year, which isn't to say that their won't be changes among his staff but they might as well wait until the season is over and see wo becomes available and if they offer some sort of upgrade over who they have now. I suspect a new offensive coordinator is the most likely option. I imagine Mangini will be back because the defense has shown marked improvement over the beginning of the season and have actually put together a handful of pretty good games. I think the wild card in all of this is whether or not York suddenly decides that he has lost faith in Baalke chooses to cut ties with him, then of course all bets are off. For the moment though I suspect that both he and Tomsula get another year to try and turn this thing around and to develop all of the young players they have waiting in the wings like Smelter and White and Anderson all of whom showed some flashes when they played in pre-season
They just fired rb cadet does that count??
"Also remember: York reportedly cried when he had to fire Nolan in 2008."

NO
Mid season firing is usually the sign of an inept franchise. Not invariably, like Baltimore a few seasons back, but usually. And the replacement in that case needs to be in-house.
Originally posted by cNiner:

Is it just me, or does Jed look like the creator of Family Guy, Seth McFarlane?
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
I heard Seth McFarlane created Jed. It's his greatest joke ever.
I hope that Chryst gets fired after week 17. I can live with JT for one more season but Chryst is just too damn bad.

Originally posted by English:
Mid season firing is usually the sign of an inept franchise. Not invariably, like Baltimore a few seasons back, but usually. And the replacement in that case needs to be in-house.

Sorry last in every offensive category , that calls for firing of the OC , look at the team we are going to play this Sunday they fired their OC midseason !

Sorry last in every offensive category , that calls for firing of the OC , look at the team we are going to play this Sunday they fired their OC midseason !

So who replaces him? I have no problem in firing the OC. But only if the replacement is better. I would prefer to be selecting the replacement after the season is over.
[ Edited by English on Dec 23, 2015 at 8:46 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

So who replaces him? I have no problem in firing the OC. But only if the replacement is better. I would prefer to be selecting the replacement after the season is over.

english is right,.,.. i do not care if it is even for one or two games..... there is no one on this staff qualified to fill in so may as well just let jt continue the process of hanging himself. this s**t of having rathman be the oc is stupid in my opinion . so what if they do and we have some success. then people go nuts and clammer for him to be the oc for next year. i hate every coach on staff and every coach needs to go
[ Edited by English on Dec 23, 2015 at 8:51 AM ]
Unfortunately, I see this dumpster fire burning for at least one more season...
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by cciowa:

So who replaces him? I have no problem in firing the OC. But only if the replacement is better. I would prefer to be selecting the replacement after the season is over.Harden up.princess, maybe take off that tiara for a start.

english is right,.,.. i do not care if it is even for one or two games..... there is no one on this staff qualified to fill in so may as well just let jt continue the process of hanging himself. this s**t of having rathman be the oc is stupid in my opinion . so what if they do and we have some success. then people go nuts and clammer for him to be the oc for next year. i hate every coach on staff and every coach needs to go

Coaches get replaced so you can see how another guys can do. If your current guy can't help the team win why keep him? Why not see who else in house might have a clue? What if Geep was fired today and Tom Rathman was promoted to OC? What if he loses to the Lions 38-13 after calling 47 running plays? Well then we would know he won't help us win either.

You can't get any worse than last. lol
Share 49ersWebzone