LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 214 users in the forums

If this is true, we truly are screwed

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by socalniner:
We have the worst kind of owner - one that inherited the franchise. He doesn't know s**t about football, let alone running a team. We are truly f**ked.

Inherited a team with great history too. Not like he inherited the clippers and never approved them. Made the team worse.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
were you not impressed with the onside kick recovery?
we need the defense to drop a 50 burger on us and the offense to be totally inept...that's the only way out of this mess.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Rizvi49er:
we need the defense to drop a 50 burger on us and the offense to be totally inept...that's the only way out of this mess.

one down, one to go.
Originally posted by amir_tn80:
This will just be another big middle finger to the fanbase from the ownership and front office. Evidently going 4-12 and being dead last in every major statistical category is completely acceptable to this ownership as long as the coach kisses their asses and alloows their little boy into the men only meetings.

This^^^^ I have followed this team for almost 40 years but this ownership just doesn't GAF about the fans, only themselves. Jed in particular. It's time for the fans to respond in kind and not care about the team.
Originally posted by crabman82:

As bad as Tomsula has been, this clown is as bad, if not worse, as a journalist.
Had is such a douche bag for apologizing to the fanbase after Harbaugh lost to the Seadorks, but won't apologize for this egregious product on the field. If this staff is back, I'm cutting my NFL package.
Originally posted by vermonator:
Originally posted by crabman82:

As bad as Tomsula has been, this clown is as bad, if not worse, as a journalist.

I know that is/was a popular sentiment around here regarding Tim k. But nobody can deny for the past year plus he has nailed just about everything in regards to this disfunctional team
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
why does everyone hate kawakami? dude just tells it like it is. srs question.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
why does everyone hate kawakami? dude just tells it like it is. srs question.

It's like hating your kids teacher at school cus she says your kid is dumb and needs to improve. She just telling it like it is.

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
it's like this place is in denial of how bad things really are.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erReign:
He is definitely coming back. The price is right for Jed. Doubt he could find anyone cheaper, so why fire him?

Wow, one of the few who believes, like me that hiring Tomsula and his cast of idiots was all about saving money. He gets at least another year.
  • rdc1
  • Veteran
I don't think keeping Tomsula is totally about the money. I think that the FO wants to keep him because he will do whatever they want. I think that they believe that they are the real experts that led to the 49ers success during the Harbaugh years, not Harbaugh. That all they need is a coach that will totally follow their direction to generate more success. After all didn't Marathe say in a Stanford interview that his analytic routines were just as successful as Walsh in drafting players.

There is also a degree of quid pro quo for being managements guy in the locker room during the Harbaugh years. So as long as he does exactly what the FO says, remains passive on the side lines (showing "class") he is probably safe until management is laughed out of the NFL.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by 9erReign:
He is definitely coming back. The price is right for Jed. Doubt he could find anyone cheaper, so why fire him?

Money is the only reason to not fire Tomsula for Jed. Everyone outside the 49er organization knows that this team with Tomsula coaching will never win anything. They will have a hard attracting good assistant coaches. They will have a hard time attracting good free agent players. Everyone knows if they keep him he will most likely be fired at some point either after next season or during next season. If they dont fire him they are just wasting a year of the rebuilding process and pretty much just wasting the 2016 season. Also I feel bad for the next QB they draft because he's gonna have subpar coaching from this staff and most likely he's gonna have to learn a new system shortly after he learns this one.

The right move is to fire him and start something new but I dont think that is gonna happen.
Originally posted by English:
It would appear that they are planning on bringing him back. I don't think it is about money and I don't think it proves that anyone is a moron. I am going to be interested to see what changes are rolled out this off-season.

Well they have the built in excuse of all the lose of players. Then if anything you can blame geep for the offensive woes. I just dont like the idea on bit. If the team were to be bad and they brought him back, I think I might be able to live with that, but to have this many uncompetitive games is unacceptable.
Share 49ersWebzone