LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 280 users in the forums

If this is true, we truly are screwed

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
If Jimmy T comes back , I wanna see a brand spanking new offensive coaching staff on the sidelines next season ...Chryst, Logan and Foerster need to go !!!

I realize you cant pin EVERYTHING on the offensive coaching staff, but as a fan, you want to see glimpses of improvement for the future, and some sort of structure for future success , this offensive coaching staff hasn't provided any glimpses of productivity and improvement ( despite the miracle bomb in Chicago to end the game)

Nobody is going to want to work for Tomsula lol.

Sadly that seems to be right on ..but I guess the front office don't care, as long as they have their "Yes Man" at the helm , a coach that wont kick them out of the locker room or damage fragile egos

NO compromise JT needs to go and Baalke ! NOW
Baalke deserves to be fired before Tomsula, but yes, fire everything
  • Dingo
  • Veteran
Any stat nerd out there want start a list of all the metrics the 49ers are rated 32nd? Maybe we should be called the 32ers.
They have no choice!

No real coach will come here with Jed & Baalke running the show. There is nothing in it for the coach because progress will not be rewarded!
  • rdc1
  • Veteran
I believe that when York said that the 49ers had gotten away from their strengths under Harbaugh that he was talking about not using analytics to drive everything. After all Harbaugh wanted to run the team his way and not the way analytics said. He now has a coach that will follow the analytics and will exactly what he is told. As such it will take several years of failure to convince him that you actually football experience to make decisions and not just better computer programs. He will find excuses each year about why the analytics failed, but it will take time for him to run out of excuses for that failure. In the meantime all the coaching staff has to do to save their jobs is to follow the plan generated by analytics and play the players that the plan says are better and ignore their own eyes and experience.
  • rdc1
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dingo:
Any stat nerd out there want start a list of all the metrics the 49ers are rated 32nd? Maybe we should be called the 32ers.

Maybe the name should be the Santa Clara 24 1/2's. After all they are half the team they used to be.
  • Kense
  • Veteran
Tomsula runs to Tony Sporano for coaching help. You can see it every game.
Sweet. Top five picks two years in a row. We can be relevant in April with all the pundits.
Originally posted by English:
It would appear that they are planning on bringing him back. I don't think it is about money and I don't think it proves that anyone is a moron. I am going to be interested to see what changes are rolled out this off-season.
Yeah just like last year, the spinmeisters here have been told to preach patience. Ohhh, we haven't even seen an OTA yet, you guys are whiners, lets atleast see an OTA before we complain.

Then it'll be, ohhhh we haven't even started training camp, let's wait and see til then. Ohhhh they have't even played a preseason game yet. Then ohhh, the real season hasn't even started, you guys need to stfu and give them a chance.

Then 3 years later we're still the the Cleveland Brown's b***h.
The little gem about his inability to keep guys focused and getting them to play hard coupled his inability to draw legit coordinators is classic.
http://www.49erswebzone.com/news/90059-jason-cole-49ers-leaning-toward-keeping-tomsula-point/
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Dec 23, 2015 at 11:41 AM ]

Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
they love the guy? As what, a spectator? a DL coach? a placeholder for when they have someone up to the task? Tell me tim, what exactly DO they love??

What they love is that they wouldn't have to admit a mistake for now. Plus if they fire Tomsula, how would they justify not firing Baalke also, the man MOST responsible for this epically bad team? He's the man that couldn't "manage" his highly succesful coach or manage hiring his replacement with someone comparable.
Originally posted by lamontb:
At what point does Tomsula realize he's a laughing stock and just resigns?

When 3.5 mil per year isn't a decent salary anymore.
Share 49ersWebzone