LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 290 users in the forums

If the Yorks were to sell the 49ers, who would be your dream owners?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

If the Yorks were to sell the 49ers, who would be your dream owners?

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by jreff22:
That's not going to work. You need somebody that can hire 1 great football mind. You don't need a board of directors for that. Just because they were great players doesn't mean they will be great FO types...like Holmgren.

This. Just provide someone with deep pockets that loves football and while they might be a pain in the ass to deal with at times, at the end of the day they know to butt the hell out and let the professionals run things.

Except Eddie D tried to fire Bill Walsh like 17 times. It was John McVay and Carmen Policy that kept the dynasty afloat.
An owner who has proven it he's serious when he says he wants to build a championship team, an owner who brings in the right people and listens to them: JOE LACOB.
  • Morgy
  • Hey bud, what’s your problem?
Someone who wins with class....
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:
Larry Ellison and is not even close. If anyone has followed the last America's Cup will know why.

He seems like an insanely competitive guy that would not put up with losing for very long. The problem is that in the NFL, with a salary cap, you can't just buy your way into the playoffs, you need to find good people and put some trust in them to put it all together.

Not that I'm doubting his ability to do so but I really would love for him to buy the A's and start spending like a teenage debutante with her daddies credit card.

Oh trust me, Larry Ellison will make things happen. That's all he has done with Oracle. He is not just rich, Densise York is like a small timer, pauper as compared to Larry, the dude is like 50 times richer than the Yorks. But, is not just about how rich he is since the NFL has a hard cap like you said. But, the guy just doesn't understand the meaning of losing, the word "lose" is just not in his vocabulary.

Not sure whether you followed last America's Cup and I posted about this once. Well, in a nutshell, Team Oracle USA built a lemon of a boat with the AC 72. The Kiwis' boat was so much better and faster. As such, right at the start of the Cup, Team Emirates NZ was totally smoking Team Oracle USA. I think they were like leading by 7 legs or something ridiculous whereby Team Oracle USA was facing elimination and had to win every single race. What did he do? He never gave up, even he was only allowed to race 1 boat with 1 crew, he re-organized the line-up of the crew by bringing Ben Ainslie from boat 2 to have him partnered with Jimmy Spithill. On top of that, all along he never game up in developing the boat. He told his boat builder in NZ losing just wasn't an option. And everyday and I do mean everyday he was flying his private jet to-and-from California and NZ to bring in new carbon fiber parts. And just like that, he won 8 races in a row from behind and snatched the America's Cup away from the Kiwis. It was totally unbelievable!!

Likewise with the 9ers, there is no way in hell he will accept mediocrity, is not even mediocrity right now, we are talking about the current level of straight trash that is going on with the organization and team. He will come in and absolutely clean house and rebuild this thing to take the 9ers back to its glory days!!
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Double post.
[ Edited by Rascal on Dec 20, 2015 at 9:51 PM ]
Eddie Debartolo.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by jreff22:
That's not going to work. You need somebody that can hire 1 great football mind. You don't need a board of directors for that. Just because they were great players doesn't mean they will be great FO types...like Holmgren.

This. Just provide someone with deep pockets that loves football and while they might be a pain in the ass to deal with at times, at the end of the day they know to butt the hell out and let the professionals run things.

Except Eddie D tried to fire Bill Walsh like 17 times. It was John McVay and Carmen Policy that kept the dynasty afloat.

That's just the point. At the end of the day, he actually listened. So he butted out and let the professionals run things. Jed York has no such people that he listens to in the organization.
Eddie
Steve Young and Brent Jones don't have the money to buy the team.... If it were for sale it would be going for well over 1.5 billion dollars. Larry Ellison is the only one on this list that comes close to having the money to purchase and run an NFL team successfully.

Or just give the team back to Eddie.
[ Edited by Lott49ersFan on Dec 20, 2015 at 10:40 PM ]
Jay Z

With my credit scores I can possibly get a loan to buy the niners
Well, if were playing the dream game i would like to be the owner
Originally posted by alexsmith:
If you choose other, name who that would be here.

me
Larry Ellison and is not even close. If anyone has followed the last America's Cup will know why.

He seems like an insanely competitive guy that would not put up with losing for very long. The problem is that in the NFL, with a salary cap, you can't just buy your way into the playoffs, you need to find good people and put some trust in them to put it all together.

Not that I'm doubting his ability to do so but I really would love for him to buy the A's and start spending like a teenage debutante with her daddies credit card.

Oh trust me, Larry Ellison will make things happen. That's all he has done with Oracle. He is not just rich, Densise York is like a small timer, pauper as compared to Larry, the dude is like 50 times richer than the Yorks. But, is not just about how rich he is since the NFL has a hard cap like you said. But, the guy just doesn't understand the meaning of losing, the word "lose" is just not in his vocabulary.

Not sure whether you followed last America's Cup and I posted about this once. Well, in a nutshell, Team Oracle USA built a lemon of a boat with the AC 72. The Kiwis' boat was so much better and faster. As such, right at the start of the Cup, Team Emirates NZ was totally smoking Team Oracle USA. I think they were like leading by 7 legs or something ridiculous whereby Team Oracle USA was facing elimination and had to win every single race. What did he do? He never gave up, even he was only allowed to race 1 boat with 1 crew, he re-organized the line-up of the crew by bringing Ben Ainslie from boat 2 to have him partnered with Jimmy Spithill. On top of that, all along he never game up in developing the boat. He told his boat builder in NZ losing just wasn't an option. And everyday and I do mean everyday he was flying his private jet to-and-from California and NZ to bring in new carbon fiber parts. And just like that, he won 8 races in a row from behind and snatched the America's Cup away from the Kiwis. It was totally unbelievable!!

Likewise with the 9ers, there is no way in hell he will accept mediocrity, is not even mediocrity right now, we are talking about the current level of straight trash that is going on with the organization and team. He will come in and absolutely clean house and rebuild this thing to take the 9ers back to its glory days!!

Jed, go run a mall or something. This team, it's fans, and it's city deserve so much more than the pile of steaming s**t that is Jed York.
China.
Share 49ersWebzone