Game #14 The Good, Bad, Ugly

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by bzborow1:
The Good:
- Bowman
- Williams
- Dial

The Bad:
- Turnovers and, in general, all the self-inflicted wounds of the offense. Did they spend more time going backwards than forwards in this game?

The Ugly:
- The empty stadium, the ugly banners flying overhead prior to home games and the general aura around this team right now. 2005 was bad but this one is starting to look like the movie "All is Lost." Singletary didn't know the X's and O's of coaching a team but he could at least get his players to play hard for him. The problem is a leadership void that is starting to cascade its way down the organization in a way that reminds me of Oakland and Jacksonville (prior to ownership change). This does not bode well for the future.
- Perhaps it is Harbaugh who succeeded in spite of ownership.
- This team needs to rebuild its offense and I'm not sure Baalke is the guy who can do it. How's he done in the past at finding offensive personnel?
Balkes OLine drafts

From 49ers.com:

Anthony Davis – Rutgers – 11th overall (2010)
Mike Iupati Idaho 17th overall (2010)

Second Round

Third Round

Marcus Martin – USC – 70th overall (2014)
Brandon Thomas – Clemson – 100th overall (2014)

Fourth Round

Daniel Kilgore – Appalachian State – 163rd overall (2011)
Joe Looney – Wake Forest – 117th overall (2012)

Fifth Round

Sixth Round

Jason Slowey – Western Oregon – 199th overall (2012)
Seventh Round

Mike Person – Montana State – 239th overall (2011)
Carter Bykowski – Iowa State – 246th overall (2013)

I see no hope for the future of the Oline through the draft if Blake is still in charge. Apparently Balke thinks you aren't allowed to draft o linemen in the 2nd or 5th round.
Two top picks.= One quit the team, the other was deemed to expensive. So why even try to draft a guard that high if you're afraid he will be too good to want to pay and keep in the future. He had better keep Boone. From what someone was saying on the radio, they don't think that 49ers players will welcome A Davis back after quitting to rest up
Originally posted by bzborow1:
The Good:
- Bowman
- Williams
- Dial

The Bad:
- Turnovers and, in general, all the self-inflicted wounds of the offense. Did they spend more time going backwards than forwards in this game?

The Ugly:
- The empty stadium, the ugly banners flying overhead prior to home games and the general aura around this team right now. 2005 was bad but this one is starting to look like the movie "All is Lost." Singletary didn't know the X's and O's of coaching a team but he could at least get his players to play hard for him. The problem is a leadership void that is starting to cascade its way down the organization in a way that reminds me of Oakland and Jacksonville (prior to ownership change). This does not bode well for the future.
- Perhaps it is Harbaugh who succeeded in spite of ownership.
- This team needs to rebuild its offense and I'm not sure Baalke is the guy who can do it. How's he done in the past at finding offensive personnel?
Talk about a bleak future if Baalke rebuilds the offense.
http://www.49ers.com/news/blog/article-2/49ers-GM-Trent-Baalke-Draft-History-by-Position/5a7fd895-e08b-46a8-9e8d-9101c0ce7631
[ Edited by Sourball on Dec 21, 2015 at 11:36 AM ]
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Good
At least we didn't get shutout at home.

Bad
Everything else.

Ugly
Share 49ersWebzone