LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 414 users in the forums

coaches film?? where is it

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Gabbert sucked so much that not even Jonnydel is willing to watch it again.

Gabbert was just the tip of the iceberg last week...the whole team smelled worse than an unplugged fridge full of decomposing fish.
  • thl408
So there was one thing I was curious about and it was how Ellington ran his Post-Out route. Below is Ellington, then Antonio Brown. This is a difficult double move to pull off because going from Post to Out requires more than 90 degree turn. Need body control to pull it off. Ellington owns the CLE CB, but drops the pass. Even a highlight is a lowlight.

^^^^I can't remember, what down was this called? This drop seemed to totally derail the drive.
  • dj43
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Originally posted by aussiepeter:
Originally posted by Niners816:
Originally posted by aussiepeter:
We've ran a variation of slide a ton this year. I'd say it's just behind shallow cross in terms of concepts run this year. Based on formation it can be a WR, TE or FB going to the flat.

Oh ok... those diagram things can be confusing to read/understand but with footage of it makes it abit easier

Here is an example of the similar concept just ran from a different personnel package and formation. The concept is the same though.

Thl's gif from the season opener.

Is it me or some of those guys wide open cant see numbers so no idea who it is bout he is on the left of line goes thru two defenders and ends up in the middle of field

Not just you, that was mine and Thl's biggest complaint after the Vikings game. You couldn't see anyone's numbers. It made it really tough to distinguish who was who. The hardest was Vance McD and Garrett Celek. You can pick out TS because of his WR stance and Boldin looks like a TE compared to the other guys.

That's Boldin at the very top, Vernon Davis below him(you can tell by how he runs routes, his arms always stick out and he runs with open hands), then, it's either McD or Celek in the backfield and the other at the traditional TE spot. This was one of our 3 TE sets.

I really dislike those black uniforms.
  • dj43
Originally posted by thl408:
So there was one thing I was curious about and it was how Ellington ran his Post-Out route. Below is Ellington, then Antonio Brown. This is a difficult double move to pull off because going from Post to Out requires more than 90 degree turn. Need body control to pull it off. Ellington owns the CLE CB, but drops the pass. Even a highlight is a lowlight.

The very obvious difference is how square Brown's cut to the outside is compared to the very rounded move Ellington makes. Also, Ellington appears to slow as he begins his move to the outside and then is a little late getting to the throw. By comparison, Brown gets into and out of his cut with almost no loss of speed, and the ball arrives at a point he can easily make the catch and get out of bounds. Of course Ellington has had relatively little practice time compared to Brown and Ben but that is still a route that needs to be run more crisply by Ellington.

More practice time and chemistry between Ellington and Gabbert will help but Ellington should know how to run that route correctly by now. He is not a rookie any more.
[ Edited by dj43 on Dec 18, 2015 at 2:51 PM ]
No game film this week either? Maybe next week if Gabby plays at least mediocre?
Here is some film you'd like to look at....

1998 - "All Go"

All verts concept. TO managed to hang on to this one, saving a very tough game for him. Outstanding catch with a crushing hit at the end. Play art taken from the 1999 holmgren playbook (oh, the irony )

That was the game where TO had like 3 or 4 horrible drops and Steve still threw it to him for the game winner.Man. Miss those days.
Share 49ersWebzone