LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

49ers about to cut Ellington?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by genus49:
woa woa woa, stop the clock.

Where did you hear that? The only gripes I heard about Ellington was that he wasn't taking care of his body properly. Don't remember seeing anything out of him regarding character problems or work ethic issues. Both things he was known for at SC.

Yeah, I remember an article saying he was doing better this season, getting rub downs and extra training etc (unlike previous season). That s**t should be natural, not improved on, by a rookie...
Originally posted by thirthyeight:
Yeah, I remember an article saying he was doing better this season, getting rub downs and extra training etc (unlike previous season). That s**t should be natural, not improved on, by a rookie...

Once again...that has nothing to do with character issues or work ethic. Kid said he felt his body was young and he didn't have to do that. Learned the hard way.
Originally posted by NCommand:
A major disappointment for sure...miscast (s/b used in the slot like how Cobb is used) BUT from early reports, he has character and work ethic issues from what we gathered from Tomsula in pre season. It shows on the field.

woa woa woa, stop the clock.

Where did you hear that? The only gripes I heard about Ellington was that he wasn't taking care of his body properly. Don't remember seeing anything out of him regarding character problems or work ethic issues. Both things he was known for at SC.

May have jumped the gun or misinterpreted that but yeah, the impression I got was that he was not putting in the work and not taking care of himself and it constantly lead to nagging injuries. In short, he wasn't committed fully to the training program. May have read a follow-up to issues with him as well during the season. Could be wrong.
This is what PROVEN champions do to achieve their goals..

10:44 AM - 16 Dec 2015

Cam Inman ‏@CamInman 3m minutes ago
In wake of Gaskins concussion protocol, Tomsula won't say he'll summon Hayne. 'We see Jarryd in practice and he's practicing very hard'
I don't think he's being used correctly. We know the dude can ball, we've seen it. He's a slot receiver, not s freaking punt returner.

These coaches are so freaking stupid. I don't care how hard they work and how many hours they put in, their choices do not produce. Their decision don't work. Get them the freak out of SF.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
I don't think he's being used correctly. We know the dude can ball, we've seen it. He's a slot receiver, not s freaking punt returner.

These coaches are so freaking stupid. I don't care how hard they work and how many hours they put in, their choices do not produce. Their decision don't work. Get them the freak out of SF.

this. seen it over the years with so many different players.

Same goes for Roman as well.

He Cant catch. Doesn't matter where you put him, if he cant catch under pressure, he is useless.... as is his speed. Cant run without the ball. Cant even be a Gunnner if he has contact issues.
May have jumped the gun or misinterpreted that but yeah, the impression I got was that he was not putting in the work and not taking care of himself and it constantly lead to nagging injuries. In short, he wasn't committed fully to the training program. May have read a follow-up to issues with him as well during the season. Could be wrong.

I definitely don't think it was anything character/work ethic related. Bruce was well known to be a really good kid who had an extremely big work ethic. I mean it's not easy to play two sports at a DIV I school and excel at both given his size.

IMO this was more about a guy who felt he was young and that stuff was for older vets whose bodies weren't as fresh. I don't believe there were any reports of him refusing to do stuff, it's just that he wasn't doing the extra things as far as helping his body recover.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

agree. aside from martin and pears i blame no player for the downfall of this team

Originally posted by thirthyeight:
He Cant catch. Doesn't matter where you put him, if he cant catch under pressure, he is useless.... as is his speed. Cant run without the ball. Cant even be a Gunnner if he has contact issues.

Saying Ellington can't catch is ridiculous. He's had some issues lately but overall his hands are good. Let's not forget until the garbage time TD the only reason we had points on the board was because Ellington had a nice punt return for us.

There isn't a single WR in this league who has never dropped a pass. It happens to the best guys in the game.
Saying Ellington can't catch is ridiculous. He's had some issues lately but overall his hands are good. Let's not forget until the garbage time TD the only reason we had points on the board was because Ellington had a nice punt return for us.

There isn't a single WR in this league who has never dropped a pass. It happens to the best guys in the game.
True but this one drop was too much for me. He better should rebound very soon.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
As much as I like him, I hope he does get cut. It would benefit his career greatly.
Originally posted by communist:
True but this one drop was too much for me. He better should rebound very soon.

Why lol? Because with that catch we win the game?

I definitely don't think it was anything character/work ethic related. Bruce was well known to be a really good kid who had an extremely big work ethic. I mean it's not easy to play two sports at a DIV I school and excel at both given his size.

IMO this was more about a guy who felt he was young and that stuff was for older vets whose bodies weren't as fresh. I don't believe there were any reports of him refusing to do stuff, it's just that he wasn't doing the extra things as far as helping his body recover.

Gotcha...I concede I may have interpreted that incorrectly.
Share 49ersWebzone