LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 355 users in the forums

So what does everybody think about the Timeline: Tale of 2 cities so far?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
'92 we were very good and could compete with them. You're right.

I often wonder what would have happened had Rice's early TD stayed.......

Upon further review, holding was a good call (right in vicinity of Young). Just a shame that the protection couldn't hold up legitimately for another fraction of a second.

I still remember to this day how pumped I was for that score.

To hear the Cowboys talk, that score taken away was the biggest play. I remember seeing that NFL films greatest game show where Troy and Emmitt said they really didn't know if they could play with us. They said it felt like they dodged a bullet. We gave that game away. I've been a fan since 1987 (8 years old) and the 1992 & 1990 title games are the worst losses of my fandom even above SB47. The 1995 divisional vs GB gets an honorable mention. I think all of those where pretty much slam dunk title teams if they get to the SB.
Which team of the 49ers dynasty years that didn't win the Super Bowl was the best?

Also is it true that some Joe Montana fans hate Steve Young because they thought Steve didn't treat Joe good enough?
Originally posted by 49erFan816:
Which team of the 49ers dynasty years that didn't win the Super Bowl was the best?

Also is it true that some Joe Montana fans hate Steve Young because they thought Steve didn't treat Joe good enough?

I don't think anybody "hated" steve, it was just a hard transition going from our longtime beloved QB, to a QB that was having an MVP type of season , as bad as I wanted Joe back in there when he was healthy, you just cant sit the QB with the hottest hand in the game, Steve was playing absolutely lights out, there was no way we could have sat him
Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
in the 90's Cowgirls won 2 out of the 3 Matchups and 3 Super Bowls. Very Very disappointing. I still remember like it was yesterday. Cannot believe they let Haley go and thn after the 1992 season, they let Tim Harris go. Shoulda kept both and cornered another couple of Super Bowls. 49ers woulda been the team of the 80's and team of the 90s.

I don't rememer the 49ers letting Tim Harris go.. I know for a fact that he won a ring (1994) with the 49ers.. that's when we had all the pro bowlers in the line..

Richard Dent - Charless Mann - Rickey Jackson - Tim Harris - Bryant Young - Dana Stubblefield - Brad Culpepper - Todd Kelly - Dennis Brown

DAYMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN, LOOK AT THAT LINE UP!!!!!

Tim Harris left as a Free Agent fater the 1992 season and signed with the Eagles for the 1993 season but vanished and the 49ers signed him again during the 1994 season as a Pass rusher where he abused Aikman in the NFCCG.
LMFAO at Eddie D saying "they could eat it again" in reference to predicting the Cowboys would lose the '81 NFCC after getting their ass beat at the Stick a few months earlier.

It looked like a post game locker room interview or something, and he said it with such intensity.

Never knew he said that, and Tony Dorsett was surprised and taken aback by that comment. Good.

Eddie D literally was the closest thing to an owner/fan we've ever seen, even more so than Jerry Jones.

He is every one of us if we were a billionaire tomorrow.
[ Edited by JTsBiggestFan on Dec 18, 2015 at 2:38 PM ]
Part 2 was great also.
I wonder who would win between the 90 49ers and 94 Cowboys in the battle for the failed 3 peat teams. 1976 Steelers are in there too.
[ Edited by 49erFan816 on Dec 19, 2015 at 10:16 PM ]
Reminded me of how much I hate Dallas.
Does anyone know where I can find this online to watch ? It is no longer on my dvr for some reason
Originally posted by Niners816:
We played them 9 times in the 90s. We won 5, each team had a 3 game run. What's funny though, is that 1993 is the only year I felt like they were better than us. Our defense was in transition in 1993. The 1992 title game is still the one that gets to me, because we were a superior team that fumbled the game away. It totally gave a young team confidence and led to their run.

That's exactly right. Officiating was crap in 92 title game. We got cheated. 93 They absolutely deserved it.

Share 49ersWebzone