Miracle. ???? 49ers for sale ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Originally posted by 951NINER:
Does everything now have to be a friggin Star Wars reference

You should see our freeways.

Originally posted by mojave45:
Originally posted by Nes49:
Originally posted by Kense:
Yes , Jed's Mom and Father are not happy with the way things have gone, they issued a statement and Mommy was voicing her frustration at how Jed was being treated. They are looking at removing him from being the "Face" and ownership duties. Not sure how good or bad this is considering John York made some of the worst decisions next to Jed. Like Father like Son.

I recall Denise owning an NHL team....was she any good at it?

Yes, story goes she sucked at being the owner at first, then threw out the entire management,hires hockey people and won the Stanley Cup . it was in the 90's with the Penguins I think.

She seems to be a slow learner.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
won a title and sold it the year after due to the family real estate empire struggling at the time

she got mo rings than Jed

This. She was team president and put together a pretty good front office from what I remember.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by mojave45:
Originally posted by Nes49:
Originally posted by Kense:
Yes , Jed's Mom and Father are not happy with the way things have gone, they issued a statement and Mommy was voicing her frustration at how Jed was being treated. They are looking at removing him from being the "Face" and ownership duties. Not sure how good or bad this is considering John York made some of the worst decisions next to Jed. Like Father like Son.

I recall Denise owning an NHL team....was she any good at it?

Yes, story goes she sucked at being the owner at first, then threw out the entire management,hires hockey people and won the Stanley Cup . it was in the 90's with the Penguins I think.

She seems to be a slow learner.

I think she takes her time and only gets directly involved when the people fail her. She bought the Penguins because she likes Hockey. When she learned enough she got aggressive. She more or less inherited the 49ers with zero knowledge about the sport, and Dr. York stepped in. I think he means well and did his best which wasn't great, but they had to deal with who was in place. And remember the team wasn't in a great spot, with a great staff, when they came in. They got rid of McCloughan because of his drinking.They put in Marathe because they trusted him with the money. Then they put Jed in charge because, the story goes that he desperately wants to bring some honor back to the team because he idolizes his Uncle Eddie D. That is why the huge focus on the stadium, which was Eddie's dream. I am willing to bet the next step is to build the Football side of the operation, as best they can. I know a lot of fans here think I am shilling for Denise and Jed, but that couldn't be further from the truth. I just call them like I see them, and read every single thing can find about them, because I want to try to get a feel for what is going on. They are some of the hardest people to get info on that there are. They are also venturing into soccer, another sports endeavor, so I find it curious that people think they don't want to be winners. You will notice Marathe will be heading up the new soccer endeavor. I
Share 49ersWebzone