There are 262 users in the forums

Class Organization

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Ok, 49er's faithful, I have been patient long enough. Why is the so much negative chatter about a team, that has gone through enormous change! The niners have performed well over the last 5 yrs. This team isn't going to the Super Bowl,, to everyone surprise,,,really. They need to get the best draft pick possible, considering all that has occurred this season, injuries,,,retirements, etc... plus they have a surplus of salary cap money. Give management some credit ,, they can't control those elements I just mention. Give them a chance to build this team, for the next 5 yrs. Last time I checked,, Harbaugh never won a Super Bowl,,,That what matters! The Super Bowl clock doesn't start till 2017. The draft and free agency will put this team back in the hunt. If not,,,,then start flying banners. We aren't the Dolphins!
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
We wish we were the dolphins
Don't see them going to a Super Bowl,, can't remember when the won their division.
I wish we were the browns...
Originally posted by 49ersgohard:
Ok, 49er's faithful, I have been patient long enough. Why is the so much negative chatter about a team, that has gone through enormous change! The niners have performed well over the last 5 yrs. This team isn't going to the Super Bowl,, to everyone surprise,,,really. They need to get the best draft pick possible, considering all that has occurred this season, injuries,,,retirements, etc... plus they have a surplus of salary cap money. Give management some credit ,, they can't control those elements I just mention. Give them a chance to build this team, for the next 5 yrs. Last time I checked,, Harbaugh never won a Super Bowl,,,That what matters! The Super Bowl clock doesn't start till 2017. The draft and free agency will put this team back in the hunt. If not,,,,then start flying banners. We aren't the Dolphins!

Because they ran out one of the best football coaches on the planet. They were stupid enough to make ego issues more important than winning. After firing Harbaugh Jed then compared the Tomsula hire to the Steve Kerr hire, showing incredible idiocy in that he really expected Tomsula to field a competitive team this year even with all the losses.

Harbaugh was a stroke of luck that's not going to be repeated. Jed had no idea how good a coach he had. They don't come around very often. We are probably looking at minimum 4-6 years of winning less than 8 games a season. Amazes me that some people can't see what has happened.
[ Edited by OneMoreRing on Dec 15, 2015 at 11:57 AM ]
  • Kense
  • Veteran
Horrible post.
Where the f**k do these people come from? You have got to be f**king kidding me. SMDH...
  • Kense
  • Veteran
That guy said "Give management some credit". LMAO
Originally posted by TTown9ers:
Where the f**k do these people come from? You have got to be f**king kidding me. SMDH...
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
We wish we were the dolphins

I get being 49er Faithful.
But faith is a 2 way deal.
It hasn't been earned for this calender year.
Maybe next year.

Originally posted by 5Jan2003:
I get being 49er Faithful.
But faith is a 2 way deal.
It hasn't been earned for this calender year.
Maybe next year.

Couldn't agree with you more! Feel like I get kicked in the stomach every Sunday!

Last time I checked Harbaugh won way more games than Tomsula has or ever will, plus Jed coined Tomsula as a better HC in his eyes, then why did he not hire him in 2011?

Give management time, give me a break, we gave them long enough, the Yorks are idiots, they don't know football, they know business, and yes football is a business, but when Jed has a staff with the most idiotic coaches, guys who shouldn't be in their positions, then that's a huge problem, and if the management couldn't handle this before when Harbs was here, how can they do it with a doofus HC in Tomsula?

We aren't going anywhere, I said this way back in January, that this was the same hire as when Jed gave Sngletary the HC gig. I hate being right, I wish it was different. But people will make excuses, injuries, well we had 19 on IR last year, yet still went 8-8, with so much BS being done by the front office, and Fangio had a Top 5 D with 3rd and 4th stringers, and now we're a laughing stock. It starts with Jed, Baalke, and Paraag. Hargs wasn't the problem, the problem is the management.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
This thread is depressing, and I can't imagine if tomclown comes back for another season.....
  • kem99
  • Veteran

Here's why you're wrong and why there's been "so much negative chatter"...Ever since the Yorks took control of the 49ers, they have hired five head coaches and have had exactly 4 seasons of .500 or better. Those 4 seasons were all with Harbaugh as the HC. Combined records by Erickson/Nolan/Singletary/Tomsula: 50-91 covering 8 seasons and the 9 games of this season; no seasons of .500 or better; no playoff appearances. Harbaugh: 44-19-1 over 4 seasons; 4 seasons of .500 or better; 5-3 playoff record; 1 SB appearance; 2011 Coach of the Year. So, basically, Harbaugh average 11 wins per season and everyone else has averaged 10 losses per season.

So, basically, Harbaugh has been the anomaly in the York's hiring practice, not the norm and Jed ran him off because he was a difficult personality. Harbaugh fell into their laps and made Jed (and his family) look like they knew what they were doing, when all other evidence was to the contrary. Those are the facts and beg the following question back to you...Given that history, what makes you think Jed can put the right coach (and front office in place)?

Your "Harbaugh never won a Super Bowl...That [sic] what matters!" comment is also not well taken. It's easy to say "Super Bowl or bust", but, it's not really a realistic standard. In order to win a Super Bowl, you have to make the playoffs and win playoff games. The only coach in the history of the York ownership of the 49ers to accomplish that has been Harbaugh. Your post talks about in 2017 the 49ers should be back in the "hunt"...They were in the hunt for Harbaugh's first 3 years for sure and for much of last year as well despite not ultimately making the playoffs. For that matter, you're also contradicting your own prior comment...if only winning the Super Bowl counts, then being in the hunt isn't good enough.

At the end of the day, even given the unexpected retirements and Aldon Smith's release, ask yourself...would you rather have the 49ers under Harbaugh's control or Jim Tomsula's? Be honest.
Walsh or Harbaugh,,,,,,LAMO,,,,,,How many Super Bowls,,,,, want to be GM's
Share 49ersWebzone