There are 260 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS at CLEVELAND BROWNS - 2015 Week 14

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49erphan:
My impression is that the defensive players and Mangini seem to be getting things consistently dialed in better than they were. If so, the Browns aren't going to have much success in scoring. If so, that means even if the offense sputters some, they could still put up enough points to beat the Browns.

I suspect the running game isn't going to be effective - if my hunch about that is wrong and the running game is effective, I don't think the Browns have much of a chance of winning as long as the 9ers defense looks solid. If my suspicion is correct that the 9ers running game won't be particularly effective and the defense is fairly well dialed in, then, of course, the game comes down to Gabbert and the passing game. There's a good chance Boldin will have a solid game - and he could be key to the offense getting more crucial third down conversions. If Gabbert can get something going with Ellington and/or Patton, I think the 9ers have a really good chance of winning (that is, as I said earlier, if the 9ers defense is as dialed in as they have seemed to be lately). I have this gut feeling that Ellington might have a big day today.

I think you and I are on the same page about the running game. And with 6th string tight ends playing today, the whole game might rest on our wide outs.

Our defense... Playing better, but they need to come out and play in the first quarter, and it come out flat. Johnny Manuel will run circles around them if they aren't on him early and often.
  • frenz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bjnolo:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by aussiepeter:
5am game time in australia any websites that they replay the game?? to early for me

wuss.

Yeah ya wuss. I set the alarm for 445. Ill be watching

It's 4am QLD time. Man up!

I just got home from my work Christmas party (left early to be in home in time for the game), drunk AF and ready to watch the Niners kick some Browns arse!

GO MF'N NINERS!!!

(this short post took me like 5 min to write because drunk fingers = fat fingers)
Game Day !!!!!

Haven't seen a single game from the Browns this season. That might be a good thing. Have no idea how this game will go down.

Gooooo!!! Niners!!!!
Let's win this. f**k the draft
  • frenz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niners94:

THIS!
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Cam Inman ‏@CamInman
#49ers WR Torrey Smith ACTIVE
INACTIVE are : OLB Lynch TE McDonald LB Wilhoite OL Silberman OL Thomas CB Davis WR White
  • frenz
  • Veteran
No Lynch. Damn. But maybe a good thing? Less pressure means less chance Manziel does the only thing people mention about him in a positive way?
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Will be interesting because we finally go up against a defense that isn't too 5 with Gabbert.
Good Lord. Why is this team CONSTANTLY injured. Mass injuries.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
If we are going to win this one and kill our draft position it better be a great game and a blowout win. Last thing we want is an ugly win against the browns and to lose 5 spots. After a bad season last thing we need is to be picking in the middle of the pack with a few meaningless wins. And anyone that knows me I always rooted for wins over draft positioning but the more losses the better chance we dont continue with mediocrity (Tomsula, this staff, Gabbert, etc). We need to shoot for the stars with a QB and get a young HC who can pass the ball.

I'm with you on a young HC who can pass the ball, but I just don't understand the pessimism on Gabbert. He seems the perfect guy to hand that coach to develop. As far as draft position, I think we're far better off in attracting and retaining talent if we look like we're up and coming than drafting a couple of draft spots higher and looking like a loser organization. And, I think Baalke's talent is showing with all the backups we're playing now, Including Gabbert.

Go Niners.
[ Edited by BOI49er on Dec 13, 2015 at 8:59 AM ]

Originally posted by frenz:
Originally posted by niners94:

THIS!
OF COARSE! The draft is a crap shoot anyways. Let's win this one and beat the Rams and finish 2015 OUT OF THE CELLAR
Originally posted by Jcool:
Cam Inman ‏@CamInman
#49ers WR Torrey Smith ACTIVE
INACTIVE are : OLB Lynch TE McDonald LB Wilhoite OL Silberman OL Thomas CB Davis WR White

Amazing Draft Pick huh? Two years in now and not one single play Logged. This GM NEEDS to GTFO like Yesterday.
Originally posted by LenCat:
OF COARSE! The draft is a crap shoot anyways. Let's win this one and beat the Rams and finish 2015 OUT OF THE CELLAR

The Draft is hardly a crapshoot if you do your homework and don't get cute in the first 5 rounds.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Amazing Draft Pick huh? Two years in now and not one single play Logged. This GM NEEDS to GTFO like Yesterday.

Lol he's is basically his rookie this year...do you ever talk about anything else beside Baalke? Your repetitive crap gets old dude. This is the game day thread not the Baalke thread
  • thl408
49ers missing their "weapons" at TE, but Haden is out. Kind of a wash. Bad run blocking (SF) versus bad run defense. I want to see Gabbert drop back 35+ times just to see it. Andy Lee looking for revenge. I'm expecting an MVP like performance from him.
Share 49ersWebzone