LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 347 users in the forums

NFL Network The Timeline "A Tale of Two Cities" profiling 49ers/Cowboys in two p

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Don't forget to watch. Here is the official background:

A Tale of Two Cities (Tuesday, December 15 – Part 1 at 8:00 PM ET; Saturday, December 19 – Part 2 Following Thursday Night Football) – On the surface, no two cities could be more different than Dallas and San Francisco. But thanks to a unique football relationship that evolved over the course of three decades, they came to have much in common. In these two distinct locations, two football and cultural stories were being written simultaneously, until one day they would be so intertwined as to produce a third narrative: the tale of the greatest NFL rivalry of the Super Bowl era, a tale of two cities. Each episode of this two-part film will bring the audience into the cultural and social journeys of Dallas and San Francisco that unfolded in the background of their football teams' growth into two of sports most iconic franchises. Two-time Academy Award nominee and 49ers fan Jeremy Renner collaborates.

http://nflfilms.nfl.com/2015/10/27/nfl-films-the-timeline-chronicles-defining-moments-in-nfl-history/
[ Edited by PapaShogun on Dec 12, 2015 at 11:15 AM ]
I can't wait for this. Things like America's Game, 30 for 30, A Football Life, and now The Timeline are some of the best programs to watch as a sports fan.
Very psyched for it!
I like how this was presented. I really like the lengthy clips of Bill tearing up the Cowboys.
The book was great
Sadly, I fell asleep and didn't catch anything until "The Catch." With that said, every time I see programs like this or "A Football Life, Eddie DeBartolo", I keep hoping that Jed York will "get it."
Anybody know where I can watch this online?
It was ironic in that we took the dynasty dominate years from the Cowboys, and 11 years later, they took it right back from us.

I'm not a cowboys fan but they had a fun team to watch. They kinda remind me of today's seattle seahawks.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
It was ironic in that we took the dynasty dominate years from the Cowboys, and 11 years later, they took it right back from us.

I'm not a cowboys fan but they had a fun team to watch. They kinda remind me of today's seattle seahawks.

Montana should've come into the '92 NFCCG game the 4th qtr
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Montana should've come into the '92 NFCCG game the 4th qtr

Nope

I saw it... was not impressed at all with the doc, especially the arguing narrators.
Originally posted by GodismyLight:
Anybody know where I can watch this online?

Wondering the same thing
Originally posted by NickSh49:
I saw it... was not impressed at all with the doc, especially the arguing narrators.

Totally agree. This is one of the things that must have looked great on paper when it was pitched to the NFLN, but sucked golfballs in practice. If they really had to argue silly points like PI in the 94 NFCCG (how about the total shafting we got in '92?), they could have done it just with talking heads. Get a nice neutral narrator with the usual bass baritone authority, and have the principals, or prominent fans, argue when it needs to argue.

Then there was the constant NFL rah-rah-rahing. I prefer the 30 for 30 approach, even if ESPN is totally in the NFL's back pocket. NFLN is an unashamedly promotional channel, and that makes any "documentaries" it makes worthless. I'd much rather see openly promotional films like those by NFL films (and not the stupid fake poetry of the 1960s and 70s versions either).

Literally the only good bit in this one (other than footage of us winning ) was at the start about the cultural differences of the two cities.
  • MikeD
  • Veteran
sounds interesting. I got to see if its on demand
Share 49ersWebzone