LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 278 users in the forums

Andrew Tiller Thread

Originally posted by Juggernaut49erFan:
Does anybody know if Tiller can play C or RT? It seems that after the draft, our O-Line will shake out as: Staley - Beadles - Kilgore - Garnett - Brown. I think that's a heck of an upgrade over the Devey/Pears fiasco we had to suffer through last year. I like Tiller and I think he's earned a shot somewhere on our O-line, even if it's as back up interior or maybe swing tackle. Thoughts?

I don't believe so. He can play both G positions. I think those assuming Beadles and Garnett will be starters from day 1 are a tad off...I think there is going to be some epic competition at G between Beadles, Garnett, Thomas and Tiller. May the best two win!
Originally posted by NCommand:
Does anybody know if Tiller can play C or RT? It seems that after the draft, our O-Line will shake out as: Staley - Beadles - Kilgore - Garnett - Brown. I think that's a heck of an upgrade over the Devey/Pears fiasco we had to suffer through last year. I like Tiller and I think he's earned a shot somewhere on our O-line, even if it's as back up interior or maybe swing tackle. Thoughts?

I don't believe so. He can play both G positions. I think those assuming Beadles and Garnett will be starters from day 1 are a tad off...I think there is going to be some epic competition at G between Beadles, Garnett, Thomas and Tiller. May the best two win!

If Garnett can't beat tiller we are in trouble.
I don't see Beadles having a problem fending off any of the other guards.
I see us dressing Garnett, Beadles, and Tiller for gamedays.
Can Tiller play center? Would be nice if we could move him into the starting center position.
Originally posted by jreff22:

Don't underestimate Tiller...he played very well last year. But yes, Garnett, with his skill set, is perfect for Chip's offense! It also sounds like from TC, Thomas is running with the 1's as well and you know Baalke wants that guy to succeed as well. Either way, it's a great problem to have!
http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/Andrew-Tiller-Showcasing-Versatility-along-49ers-O-line/1aaab924-3054-4e94-bfb0-f62bd69aa8b0

Guess that answers my question

Don't underestimate Tiller...he played very well last year. But yes, Garnett, with his skill set, is perfect for Chip's offense! It also sounds like from TC, Thomas is running with the 1's as well and you know Baalke wants that guy to succeed as well. Either way, it's a great problem to have!

I'm a big fan of Tiller. Was one of the few positives from last season. I'm curious to see how Silberman develops. Team apparently was working him at center. I would love for either a) Marcus Martin to get his act together and stop getting owned, or b) someone like Silberman develop enough to push him off the roster.
Camp battles for OL and DB will be fierce.

Agreed. I think Tiller is a stud. Thats why I was surprised we drafted Garnet when we did.

Originally posted by 21SandersMoss84:
Camp battles for OL and DB will be fierce.

Yes. It also seems like it will be for WR too.

This!
Originally posted by ChipKelly:
Agreed. I think Tiller is a stud. Thats why I was surprised we drafted Garnet when we did.

I felt that way too, but after last year I think Baalke learned his lesson about never having enough depth on the OL or else you get stuck starting scrubs like Devey and Pears.

Good call!

I wish Tiller could play Center.

Beadles is very good but how many years does he have in the tank? Also, I don't know what his injury history is.

No matter, Tiller certainly makes the team.

IMO, if Thomas doesn't light it up in preseason he'll get cut.

If he can't cut it at this point - he's worthless.
Originally posted by znk916:
Originally posted by ChipKelly:

I felt that way too, but after last year I think Baalke learned his lesson about never having enough depth on the OL or else you get stuck starting scrubs like Devey and Pears.

and Martin and Thomas [Jury is in deliberations about him - verdict soon]
Share 49ersWebzone