LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 221 users in the forums

Andrew Tiller Thread

Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Tiller is a keeper. If there is anything positive from this season, it's that a few guys are getting their 1st real opportunity and proving they can play. Tiller is one of them. Just has to continue to drop weight and improve mobility for the zone stuff we want to run.

I'm hoping this, off season they do a lot of cardio, technique and agility drills with him. Quick feet are hard to teach but it helps if you can see them.

I mean is this zone stuff really even working?
I want to make this crystal clear to everyone, ANDREW TILLER IS SIGNED FOR 2016, 2 articles came out today suggesting we need to re-sign him, and that he is a UFA after 2015, which is INCORRECT, he would only be a EFA, and wouldn't be able to sign elsewhere if he wasn't signed for 2016.

AGAIN TILLER IS SIGNED FOR NEXT YEAR.

Sorry for caps, I need to make this clear.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
I want to make this crystal clear to everyone, ANDREW TILLER IS SIGNED FOR 2016, 2 articles came out today suggesting we need to re-sign him, and that he is a UFA after 2015, which is INCORRECT, he would only be a EFA, and wouldn't be able to sign elsewhere if he wasn't signed for 2016.

That's assuming we tender him, right? If we don't, then and only then he'd be free to sign wherever?
Originally posted by BKpower:

That's assuming we tender him, right? If we don't, then and only then he'd be free to sign wherever?

Only if he wasn't signed for 2016, he is signed for next year, at $600K. He is a RFA after 2016, and a UFA after 2017, if he doesn't get a extension by then.

But if you don' tender a player as a EFA then he is a UFA basically, and free to sign anywhere, same for a RFA if not tendered, he becomes a UFA.
Originally posted by BKpower:

Only if he wasn't signed for 2016, he is signed for next year, at $600K. He is a RFA after 2016, and a UFA after 2017, if he doesn't get a extension by then.

But if you don' tender a player as a EFA then he is a UFA basically, and free to sign anywhere, same for a RFA if not tendered, he becomes a UFA.

Thanks for the clarification. With that said, I'd still want to bring in a veteran guard to compete for the starting job. I don't want anyone as bad as Jordan Devey on this team, even in a backup role.

Alex Mack at center, Andrew Tiller, Daniel Kilgore, Brandon Thomas, and another veteran competing for the two guard spots. If we bring back Alex Boone that will be acceptable as well. Marcus Martin either improves or is pushed off the team in a numbers game. Too bad he has accrued to many games and has no practice squad eligibility.
Plain and simple, Tiller needs to stay a Niner for a while. I'm glad he's signed through 2016, but I want him here longer. Especially if he continues to improve. He's one of the only good OL we have and we have to keep all the pieces we've got considering the rest of our embarrassing unit.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Plain and simple, Tiller needs to stay a Niner for a while. I'm glad he's signed through 2016, but I want him here longer. Especially if he continues to improve. He's one of the only good OL we have and we have to keep all the pieces we've got considering the rest of our embarrassing unit.

Agreed
Thank god for him because going forward we have a s**t ton of work to do. Staley will be a year older. Boone may walk (which would be so dumb) Kilgore still needs to prove he can play after his injury and the right tackle spot is well, u know
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Tiller is a keeper. If there is anything positive from this season, it's that a few guys are getting their 1st real opportunity and proving they can play. Tiller is one of them. Just has to continue to drop weight and improve mobility for the zone stuff we want to run.

I'm hoping this, off season they do a lot of cardio, technique and agility drills with him. Quick feet are hard to teach but it helps if you can see them.

I mean is this zone stuff really even working?

Now that I'd like to know as well. WRATH might have some insight there. Did we all but abandon it?
Tiller and AD from the right side next season could be scary or real good

Originally posted by TheXFactor:

To 85's point, I wonder if we'd go back to power then.
[ Edited by NCommand on Dec 17, 2015 at 12:00 PM ]
I haven't seen many zone concepts after week 4. I'm sure they got some sprinkled in, but it appears they abandoned it. Just like they abandoned playing with more of uptempo pace.
[ Edited by lamontb on Dec 17, 2015 at 11:59 AM ]

To 85's point, I worder if we'd go back to power then.

We should. Its what our personnel is built for. Good coaches work to their rosters strengths rather than try to force pieces that don't fit into their scheme.

Just a reminder...we may have some keepers on this line finally: Staley - Boone/Tiller - Kilgore - ? - Brown

I think next year we're going to see Tiller on the left side with Staley. I'd love to see AD at RG next to Trent with also spending a high draft pick on a guard.

The frustrating thing is that we have no chance of bringing back Boone. We have SO much cap space I would love nothing more than to stabilize our line by re-signing him. Staley/Boone/Kilgore/Tiller/Brown or AD has a lot of potential
[ Edited by Niners418 on Dec 29, 2015 at 8:43 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone