There are 178 users in the forums

Andrew Tiller Thread

Originally posted by Alfienator:
Originally posted by KeepRabbitsOut:
Originally posted by Sims19849ers:
Why is this guy still benched?

Getting Garnett experience in a lost season

I still struggle with players getting snaps just coz they were the higher draft picks. I get that Garnett needs to develop and the best way is on the field but I can't help thinking that all is learning is how to lose. He looks soft. I thought he had attitude but there are so many Bulletts and bombs falling around the place that it will be hard for him to come out the other end without PSD.

I still struggle with players getting snaps just coz they were the higher draft picks. I get that Garnett needs to develop and the best way is on the field but I can't help thinking that all is learning is how to lose. He looks soft. I thought he had attitude but there are so many Bulletts and bombs falling around the place that it will be hard for him to come out the other end without PSD.

Learning how to lose? It seems you've never played sports before. During that playtime and losing, you use that experience to work on your weakness and make yourself better. So if somehow the team gets better, you don't suck as much.

Sweet, just noticed he's a RFA. Great insurance and think he can compete with Beadles next year if he stays.
tiller is better than garnett in pass pro and that wont change. tiller mauls people in the run game but doesnt have range.

I have no idea why garnett is taking snaps from him.
Tiller is our best pass pro guard on this squad by far.
I think Garnett should slide to LG, and Tiller should start at RG. Beadles should go to the bench, and be the backup G, and continue to practice on being a C, so he can eventually push Martin off the team, and give us a high quality versatile lineman off the bench. We have to see what we have in both Garnett and Tiller right now. Beadles is older, and we know what he is for the most part.
Originally posted by Alfienator:

Learning how to lose? It seems you've never played sports before. During that playtime and losing, you use that experience to work on your weakness and make yourself better. So if somehow the team gets better, you don't suck as much.

Lol. that theory works if there are players of better heart around you. What has been always hammered in to me about this game is that winning is everything. Why not bench the kid and create hunger for him to get more game time. That works too.

I do,agree that if you have character ( which comes from digging deep when up against the wall ) you get better while the team loses. But do you see any character filtering through anywhere in this team for the kid to pick up from? Time will tell.....meanwhile we sacrifice pass pro.
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:
I think Garnett should slide to LG, and Tiller should start at RG. Beadles should go to the bench, and be the backup G, and continue to practice on being a C, so he can eventually push Martin off the team, and give us a high quality versatile lineman off the bench. We have to see what we have in both Garnett and Tiller right now. Beadles is older, and we know what he is for the most part.

Smsrt man....our coach is too stupid to realize that.
Crazy we run the ball better when Tiller goes in at RG lol...telling ya Garnett at LG and Tiller with brown in the right side is nasty

Beadles is a quality backup
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Crazy we run the ball better when Tiller goes in at RG lol...telling ya Garnett at LG and Tiller with brown in the right side is nasty

+1

Too bad our coaches decided to toy with team chemistry in favor of a highly drafted player

We've been saying that all year until benched. Kelly really is/was tanking this thing. Lol
Originally posted by jcs:
+1

Too bad our coaches decided to toy with team chemistry in favor of a highly drafted player

Yup I hope we resign Tiller he's graded out as our best OG the past two seasons

Originally posted by NCommand:

We've been saying that all year until benched. Kelly really is/was tanking this thing. Lol

Lol right...I think it's clear as day he's better than beadles.

We also need to think about drafting a center I can't watch Martin get blown up anymore.

We also need to think about drafting a center I can't watch Martin get blown up anymore.

Uh...yeah...on both accounts.
  • Antix
  • Veteran

We've needed a center for years. I'm really tired of trying to turn guards into centers too Just draft a damn center
Originally posted by Antix:

We've needed a center for years. I'm really tired of trying to turn guards into centers too Just draft a damn center

For real!
Originally posted by Antix:

For real!

Completely agree
Share 49ersWebzone