LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

What will Gabbert be?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What will Gabbert be?

He just wants to dance.
Originally posted by Chief:
The punch that killed Creed, the kick that won the final fight in Karate Kid, Daryl playing Pole Position, the five sided fistagon, Maverick destroying four Russian Migs.

Burt Reynolds mustache.

Now your getting it.
What will Gabbert be? Who knows. All he has shown is that he can be at least a bridge QB.

However, he has all the physical tools that make a great QB. That is why he was drafted high. What's even more encouraging is that he seems to have overcome the s**tty decision making that plagued his Jacksonville days. Many highly drafted QBs never get to that point.

Blane Gabbert COULD be a great QB. He could be our guy. I can't wait to see what he can do in 2016 with some improvements on the OL and a healthy Carlos Hyde. Fortunatly, we have him under contract for another year and can actually see what he WILL become.
Can someone make a video of his career with the niners so far!!!
[ Edited by danarez49 on Dec 7, 2015 at 7:37 PM ]
Way too early to tell.
There is no ceiling or floor. We won't know. My gut tells me he's a baller and grew up. Certainly has all the physical tools and seems to have developed the mental / toughness part of his game. His teammates rave about him so has had leadership. I mean what else can u ask for. He's done a lot with a little. He may fall on his face but it looked is unlikely. So I vote franchise guy. But nothing is guaranteed.
He needs to get two consecutive wins for the first time in his career. Still a few demons he needs to tackle.
He is a Sean Hill half year guy who you replace at the end of the season with Kaepernick or a rookie that you draft. Or trade for Matt Ryan
And something he does have that is special is his ability to scramble and find the open guy. Not every qb has that and it's a deadly trait. Especially because teams now have to respect his legs. Sky is the limit
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I kinda think this thread is irrelevant, Kaepernick is still the starting QB as long as he's on the rooster. BUT, I think Gabbert can be a 3-4 year starter for the 49ers if he keeps up his play.

Originally posted by Kolohe:
I kinda think this thread is irrelevant, Kaepernick is still the starting QB as long as he's on the rooster. BUT, I think Gabbert can be a 3-4 year starter for the 49ers if he keeps up his play.

Don't know...I am not so sure Kap was getting the job back before he even went on IR.
Originally posted by Hangman_52:
He is a Sean Hill half year guy who you replace at the end of the season with Kaepernick or a rookie that you draft. Or trade for Matt Ryan

lol comparing him to noodle arm hill...he had 50x the talent of him my god people.

No way hill makes that 70 yard TD throw or the 44 yard TD run
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Don't know...I am not so sure Kap was getting the job back before he even went on IR.

I'm just saying, Kap is still on the roster and if Baalke was asked who the starting QB is he would beat around the bush and say Kap if he was healthy. So until I see Kap in another jersey or uniform I'd say Kap. WHO I THINK should be the starting QB, most definitely Gabbert of course.
Why are people so hesitant to say that Gabbert can be "The Guy", He has played very good against some of the highest rated D's in the league. He has shown that he can read a D, feel the pocket, and keep his eyes downfield and bail at the right time. He gets rid of the ball early and he is helping our banged up O line look better than what it truly is. What else do we need to see from him? He has done well against good D's, all of the QB's struggle against good D's, look at Rodgers against the seahawks, he always struggles against them until most recently. The best move for the Niners would be to get an offensive minded HC, keep Gabbert and draft other positions like LB, OL, and DL.
Originally posted by Cowboyhtr24:
Why are people so hesitant to say that Gabbert can be "The Guy", He has played very good against some of the highest rated D's in the league. He has shown that he can read a D, feel the pocket, and keep his eyes downfield and bail at the right time. He gets rid of the ball early and he is helping our banged up O line look better than what it truly is. What else do we need to see from him? He has done well against good D's, all of the QB's struggle against good D's, look at Rodgers against the seahawks, he always struggles against them until most recently. The best move for the Niners would be to get an offensive minded HC, keep Gabbert and draft other positions like LB, OL, and DL.

Very small sample size is by far my biggest reason to say wait and see.
Share 49ersWebzone