LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 240 users in the forums

Week 13 2015: Thoughts after rewatching the game...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by PowderdToastMn:
Originally posted by lamontb:
We need pass rushers badly on this defense. All we got is Lynch and he's up and down. Harold has flashed nothing, Lemonier just isn't good, and Brooks is done unless he's getting a penalty. Heavy focus on pass rushers this off season is needed. And htey need more than 1 guy.

Agreed. With all the extra cash, I would love to see them at least make attempts at Von Miller or Irvin. Miller would have a bigger impact, but stealing Irvin from Seattle is always a bonus

I can't imagine Von Miller leaving Denver.

I can't either, but I'm sure he's going to want to be paid, and I'm not sure how their cap space looks. I know ours looks good.
I agree Armstead shows power, but does the dude have any clue where the ball is? All he seems concerned with is blowing up the guy in front of him.
Originally posted by iLL49er:
i'm sorry but the what i saw from gabbert yesterday was horrendous until the last run he had and that pass to torrey..........

now if he shows marked improvement the next 4 games maybe he is a place holder at qb

it was bad...it was really bad....but I can't put the blame on him, just like i can't put the blame on CK for some of the crap he put out.

This offense is so damn broken. I just don't think Blaine or CK is the root cause of the problems...
I'd like to see Gabbert target more receivers than just Boldin. I was screaming all game for him to look to Torrey. I mean he does get paid $ to catch footballs. I want to agree with Marvin that I seriously don't know what Gabbert will become but I agree with other posters that we should find out. I want to see how Gabbert can play with a revamped offensive line that can include Anthony Davis and Kilgore. Add a few more bodies to compete or grab depth in FA because let's not kid ourselves even Boone plays like crap at times. And Staley will decline soon. Top that off with a healthy Hyde and a better defense then we can judge better what Gabbert will bring. Kap is gone. I don't buy the report that management wants him back.
General takeaways since Gabbert has taken over:

- Blaine really seems to be a fit scheme-wise for this offense. Perhaps he wasn't the right guy for Harbaughs system?

- They need to get Marcus Martin off the field already. He's the only starter right now who doesn't look like a starter. The interior of the line gets confused far too often and he's supposed to call that. When he isn't making the wrong blocking assignments, he's getting bull rushed into the QB on a regular basis. Gabbert could have more time back there with a new Center.

- Mangini has been a worthy defensive coordinator this season. Keep in mind he's working with a young unit riddled with injuries. Fangio got heaps of praise and so should Mangini.

- the pass rush is non existent. They could use upgrades all around the front 7.

- playmakers on offense. Smith is a one trick pony but the team needs someone else who can threaten a defense. A wideout remains a top priority.
Originally posted by 951NINER:
I'd like to see Gabbert target more receivers than just Boldin. I was screaming all game for him to look to Torrey. I mean he does get paid $ to catch footballs. I want to agree with Marvin that I seriously don't know what Gabbert will become but I agree with other posters that we should find out. I want to see how Gabbert can play with a revamped offensive line that can include Anthony Davis and Kilgore. Add a few more bodies to compete or grab depth in FA because let's not kid ourselves even Boone plays like crap at times. And Staley will decline soon. Top that off with a healthy Hyde and a better defense then we can judge better what Gabbert will bring. Kap is gone. I don't buy the report that management wants him back.

Completely agree.
Originally posted by Dshearn:
it was bad...it was really bad....but I can't put the blame on him, just like i can't put the blame on CK for some of the crap he put out.

This offense is so damn broken. I just don't think Blaine or CK is the root cause of the problems...

The o-line gave pressure all day. Nothing new.
Originally posted by PowderdToastMn:
We need pass rushers badly on this defense. All we got is Lynch and he's up and down. Harold has flashed nothing, Lemonier just isn't good, and Brooks is done unless he's getting a penalty. Heavy focus on pass rushers this off season is needed. And htey need more than 1 guy.

Agreed. With all the extra cash, I would love to see them at least make attempts at Von Miller or Irvin. Miller would have a bigger impact, but stealing Irvin from Seattle is always a bonus

I can't imagine Von Miller leaving Denver.

i wouldn't want bruce irvin..i think he's a clown show and seattle has decided that as well

i'd rather pay top dollar for muhammed wilkerson to collapse the pocket and get a pass rusher in the draft
Originally posted by Joecool:
Agree with all except Kap. Think by watching Gabbert, Kap is seeing how to play QB in our offense. Seriously, we should invest in developing him properly. I do think he was taken advantage of and neglected by our previous coaches.

No no no
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Agree with all except Kap. Think by watching Gabbert, Kap is seeing how to play QB in our offense. Seriously, we should invest in developing him properly. I do think he was taken advantage of and neglected by our previous coaches.

No no no

He was never properly developed or it was never stressed to him how important mechanics/fundamentals are. "I'm not big on fundamentals" didn't come from anywhere. I'm sure Harbuagh or someone along the line told him not to worry about that or the message about not trying to change some things got lost in translation.

JAX did not work on building Gabbert and we didn't do it with Kap.

Alex took it upon himself to get better at the little things.

Agreed.

Be it through the draft or Free Agency, they needs to get Lynch more help.

This ...Lynch is pretty much all we have to bring heat from the LB spot, unless it's a ILB blitz with bowman, but we need to spend some coins on pass rushing help , Brooks and Lemonier might need to be replaced, neither has taken this opportunity to be the next man up and become the teams second best pass rusher ..cant remember a season where our pass rush was pretty much non existent

Who the f**k thinks that spending $18 million developing a 28-year-old QB is a good investment? Mariota and Winston are showing flashes now as rookies and we have a backup that shows better fundamentals in 4 games than Kap has shown in four years.

With all the crap a QB has to process, we don't need to have a guy focusing on stuff that should be natural at this point in his career when he needs to be focusing on the nuances of the playbook and opposing defenses.

The Kap project is over. We have a first round QB already on the roster with real NFL experience. Gabbert was set up to fail. After looking into his background I saw that. Dude didn't even have the luxury of an offseason and was thrown into a dysfunctional situation. Proof is in the pudding. Kap is what Gabbert used to be. Let some other suckers waste time and money developing him.
I pray to god that Kap is not seriously being considered as a possible quarterback for this team next year. He has two things: an arm and some legs. What he does not have: poise, maturity, confidence, "functional quickness" and a humble approach to learning. And he will be 29 next year? No.

Gabbert had nobody open yesterday. He did what he had to do.
1.) THE OLINE

---They SUCK. Gabbert could not hope to get a plays off many times with the rush he was under. He held on to the ball too long and took sacks a few times but only because he was trying to allow his receivers to uncover until the last instant, and he has the ability to get it to them under rush if just gets a little more time. His teammates appreciate this immeasurably after dealing with Kaep

IMO any critique of yesterdays game, especially our offense, without highlighting the atrocious Oline play, is incomplete
Originally posted by OneMoreRing:
1.) THE OLINE

---They SUCK. Gabbert could not hope to get a plays off many times with the rush he was under. He held on to the ball too long and took sacks a few times but only because he was trying to allow his receivers to uncover until the last instant, and he has the ability to get it to them under rush if just gets a little more time. His teammates appreciate this immeasurably after dealing with Kaep

IMO any critique of yesterdays game, especially our offense, without highlighting the atrocious Oline play, is incomplete

Really I could mention the O-Line every week. If anything, the O-Line played better than early in the season.

This thread is simply a list of my thoughts after the game and not intended to be an all encompassing critique.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Dec 7, 2015 at 1:39 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone