There are 188 users in the forums

We're going 7-9 - with the worst offseason of all time - even without the "QB wh

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Kense:
So now the complaint is how Harbaugh won but it's ok that the 49ers played like complete garbage the entire game yesterday but it doesn't matter because they won? All those "retirements" were because of the front office drama it's not coincidence. If everything was great I bet they'd all be back to try to win a ring before they really did want to hang it up. Assuming Harbaugh would have the same record as Tomsula with this team is not even worth mentioning.

Originally posted by mojave45:
Habaugh is a great coach...in the right organization, at the right time, with a veteran team. He certainly didnt do us favors with his development , or lack therof of Kaepernick. Name all of the rookies that were drafted that he developed into probowl starters...or even solid players. His offense was 3 yds and a cloud of dust, and that only worked because one of the best running backs to ever play the game was his starter. He was owned by our Divisional rivals the Seahawks. I am not going to say Tomsula is exciting, or even god. But I don't see this year being much, if any better if Harbaugh had stayed. It might have been worse.
I don't know how you twisted that out of what I said, but you neglect the fact that 9ers won yesterday. And if we get 6 wins this year, I don't believe Harbaugh coaching this team this year would have done any better. I know you are hurting inside for your favorite Kaepernick, and your love for Harbaugh seems to know no bounds, but yeah, it is worth mentioning that last year, with a boatload more talent the team was painful to watch. To assume Harbaugh would have done that well with a the hand the team was dealt this year is nuts.
Originally posted by Kense:
Dumb QB? Grow up

It's the only explanation I can think of. The guy obviously doesn't have the mental chops to play QB. Check my post history, I was a huge Kap homer. But there's no way that a QB can come off the bench and play consistently better behind the same line with no running game and the same receivers without something behing wrong with Kap.

Him missing a wide open receiver on a busted play is an indictment of his mental game. He's either a bumbling idiot or he quit on his team. I don't know which is worse.
Vernon traded, Kilgore out most of year, Kaep broken by week 10, PFF's worst rated O-lineman starting on the right side, Hyde, Bush, Davis, Hayne all gone ...and still fighting , gotta give the squad credit, there isn't nobody tanking for better draft position here
[ Edited by NeeJ49er on Dec 7, 2015 at 11:58 AM ]
Originally posted by mtl_49er:
We're gonna beat johnny boy
lions are awful -
and week 17 the lambs will have given up on life and just going through the motions waiting for the entire staff to be fired.

with the worst offseason by a pro sports team i've ever seen - a brutal schedule - the worst QB not named peyton and we still basically equal what the "qb whisperer" did - with a hell of a lot less talent and experience.

The 49ers were -34 in point differential last year. They are at -113 right now.
As I read this thread, my lunch Panda Express fortune cookie says: "you are only starting on your path to success".
It has to mean the Niners!!! Good news.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
lions are awful -
and week 17 the lambs will have given up on life and just going through the motions waiting for the entire staff to be fired.

with the worst offseason by a pro sports team i've ever seen - a brutal schedule - the worst QB not named peyton and we still basically equal what the "qb whisperer" did - with a hell of a lot less talent and experience.

I expected us to do better.
Originally posted by TTown9ers:
So, we're celebrating a possible 7-9 record now?

Smh

This. 👎
Everyone knows the loss to the Cardinals a couple of weeks back was a joke and we should win the last four games. We legit should have gone/go 9-7. lol unreal.

At this rate, with a few stud editions, we are back in the hunt next season
Originally posted by 5Jan2003:
As I read this thread, my lunch Panda Express fortune cookie says: "you are only starting on your path to success".
It has to mean the Niners!!! Good news.

I got the same one today, destiny awaits.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
lions are awful -

What trophy do they give for that? We will not make the playoffs with Tomsula as our coach. Ever.

Originally posted by KID9R:
lions are awful -

What trophy do they give for that? We will not make the playoffs with Tomsula as our coach. Ever.

It won't mean anything if the offense putts through those games. But if the offense starts working like a well-oiled machine in those games with the injuries we have had to the offense and the crap OL, then it means our OC and QB are keepers.
[ Edited by Joecool on Dec 7, 2015 at 1:16 PM ]
I feel the two biggest hits was aldon Smith on d side of the ball. I team is built to stop the run first, then get you back and get pass rushers out. Smith our best pass rusher would have covered up our secondary weaknesses and made everyone else job easier.

Second was the retirement no one was coming after Willis! Anothey Davis! The o-line was carp early in the season, plus the coaching decision-making of placing boone on the left to have a strong side didn't help. Davis was a top ten Rt...losing him kill the offense!add that to kap lack of everything...
I feel after some changes witch we should have made early in the season we can hold our heads high...and look to the light because we have gone thru it and our hell is coming to a head and our time to shine is right before us.
who said celebrating? all i'm saying i'm fairly confident that after the disastrous offseason we had we're going to do as well as we did under harbaugh. bascailly it was not harbaugh that magically did anything - we're the same team as last year - only now trending upwards with a better QB and a rapidly improving defense

Falcons and Bears basically beat themselves more than the 49ers beat them. I wouldn't get too excited.

And lol @ the niners going 7-9.
Originally posted by Boagrius49:
Yeah, this team really misses Aldon Davis. .

Aldon Davis is my favorite player. He always hits a homerun into the back of the net!
7-9 would be an incredible achievement. Its much easier to rebuild at 7-9 than 4-12
Share 49ersWebzone