LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 298 users in the forums

"New Generation of 49er football"

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Damn Im excited!!! Ill drink the kool aid every freaking time!!!

No less than a couple weeks removed from the most disaterous season in memory, York and Co. have gotten me back on board 100%. I hate the embarrassing football we've played for the last, say, 8 years, but I want this team to win so bad. All it takes is for management to show they mean what they say. Ive been hugely critical of Jed York, but I am confident he has gone 2-2 in critical hires.

Baalke and Harbaugh do represent a new generation of 49er football. This is the first offseason move that has gotten me pumped since the 07 draft. I mean it has been like punishment watching players jump ship (Balmer, Coffee) and the coaching carousel and OC ineptness.

Maybe Im just drunk. Well Im definitely drunk, but Ill believe every year.

GO NINERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that kool-aid must be spiked because ive been drinking it too and im feelin a little buzz comin on
I'm a little wary that this turn-around might take some time.

First-year coaches take a season or two to change the roster to their liking.

If you look at Jon Gruden's time in Tampa Bay, yes, he was successful in his first year with a Super Bowl victory... but after that, the roster changed severely over time.

I have a feeling we're going to have a mini-rebuilding process going on. I don't mind so much... just as long as core players remain: Willis, VD, Iupati, Staley, Andy Lee!, etc. etc.

But if it means that we take a season or two to establish a new dynasty like Walsh's that spanned for nearly 20 years... I'm fine with that.
Yes on Harbaugh. Not so much on Baalke. They haven't done anything yet. They just finished 6 - 10. Lets see if they can win before we praise them.
Originally posted by Wubbie:
I'm a little wary that this turn-around might take some time.

First-year coaches take a season or two to change the roster to their liking.

If you look at Jon Gruden's time in Tampa Bay, yes, he was successful in his first year with a Super Bowl victory... but after that, the roster changed severely over time.

I have a feeling we're going to have a mini-rebuilding process going on. I don't mind so much... just as long as core players remain: Willis, VD, Iupati, Staley, Andy Lee!, etc. etc.

But if it means that we take a season or two to establish a new dynasty like Walsh's that spanned for nearly 20 years... I'm fine with that.

I agree.

There's alot of changes coming. Completely different offense, and doubtful the defense stays the same. I expect them to be slightly better than average next season. But the season after that..............game on b***hes.

These players have to be coached up, and that won't happen overnight.

[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Jan 9, 2011 at 00:39:00 ]

[ Edited by 602_JamestownAve on Jan 9, 2011 at 00:52:21 ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Yes on Harbaugh. Not so much on Baalke. They haven't done anything yet. They just finished 6 - 10. Lets see if they can win before we praise them.

Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
I agree.

There's alot of changes coming. Completely different offense, and doubtful the defense stays the same. I expect them to be slightly better than average next season. But the season after that..............game on b***hes.

These players have to be coached up, and that won't happen overnight.

To be truthfully honest, I believe we'll go AT LEAST 9-7. We went 1-4 in games where the point differential was by 3 points. I have that much confidence that Harbaugh will have the team much better-coached than Singletary. If we retain the same roster and improve the coaching, I'm sure we're a 9-7 team.

Though I can see where things could go wrong... The defense could regress. The offense may undergo growing pains as we transition from one offensive system to another. We could have a rookie QB as our starter.

We shall see!
I think this title is accurate. This will be a new generation of 49er football. The issues that I have seen is poor offenseive plan, poor aggression, poor Oline and poor speed in the WRs. Then of course there is the QB problem. Part of the QB issue was offensive design not playing to the strengths of the QB and then the ever changing offensive system. Now with Harbaugh we will have an aggressive offense and will have a system that plays to the strengths of the players, including QB. In addition one of Harbaugh's skills is assessing and developing a QB. This has been a major problem for the Niners.

So we will have a new system, better coaching, better assessment, and more aggressive playing, and hopefully more disciplined playing. On top of that Harbaugh has given every indication of knowing enough about the defensive end of the system to know quality coaches and assists them in their coaching. So all indications are positive on all phases of the team.
What happened in Seattle yesterday got me thinking Harbaugh can do the same for us in one year.

Originally posted by Ninefan56:
I think this title is accurate. This will be a new generation of 49er football. The issues that I have seen is poor offenseive plan, poor aggression, poor Oline and poor speed in the WRs. Then of course there is the QB problem. Part of the QB issue was offensive design not playing to the strengths of the QB and then the ever changing offensive system. Now with Harbaugh we will have an aggressive offense and will have a system that plays to the strengths of the players, including QB. In addition one of Harbaugh's skills is assessing and developing a QB. This has been a major problem for the Niners.

So we will have a new system, better coaching, better assessment, and more aggressive playing, and hopefully more disciplined playing. On top of that Harbaugh has given every indication of knowing enough about the defensive end of the system to know quality coaches and assists them in their coaching. So all indications are positive on all phases of the team.

Agree
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

i also believe that have plenty of chances to "win" before stepping onto the field
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
What happened in Seattle yesterday got me thinking Harbaugh can do the same for us in one year.

Yeah, and we won't even have to gut most of our roster (as Seattle did) to get it done.
Share 49ersWebzone