LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 259 users in the forums

Just a little perspective...hopefully.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by iLL49er:
gabbert sucks...he's beyond terrible

if this team really moves on from kap for this guy they will prob regret it, i think kap should be given chance to come in and compete in camp next year. he played w/ a torn labrum

sitting back might allow kap to see the benefit of checking down faster by seeing gabby check down so fast every play, there is a happy medium
the new quarterback has clearly out played the former qb wit the same s**tty coaches and offensive line,. those facts clearly outweigh your opinion of gabbert in my opinion. part of me wants to say, unlike ck,, gabbert actually saw a wide open smith and hit him with the pass, but i will refrain

How many snaps for Devey yesterday?
Kaepernick is on IR and Inthink henas good as gone so I am not pining for his return but the offense was terrible yesterday and is about as crappy as it has been all season.
Great perspective flynhayn15! Love to see it spelled out this way. My predictions were 9-7 if everything went well and 6-10 if it all went to heck.

The fact that some of the young guys are looking good is meaningful.

DBs: The young DBs stepped up this year after being burned badly in a couple of games. They have played excellent QBs most of the year and have learned how to play the various schemes Mangini likes to employ.

LBs: With the loss of Willis, Aldon and Borland the LB group looked to be really poor...and they have been at times. But Hodges, Harold and Lynch all look like they can play at this level. Blitzing the ILBs has become effective after years of few blitzes. Fangio blamed Willis for not knowing how to blitz but was it that or scheme? Timing? They definately need to shore up LB in the draft this year and try to find impact players.

DL: Purcell and Armstead look like good young DL and along with Dial, Williams and Dorsey make a good unit. Carradine moving to OLB may increase the need for depth at DL, though I like the current guys a lot.

QB: Do they keep Kaepernick to fight for a starting job with Gabbert? Or do they cut him loose? Either way they need a young QB to groom. Have no idea what round it will be or if they bring in a vet for depth.

RB: Draughn is good enough to compete with all the injured guys next year. Strong position if they all come back healthy. Davis?

WR: I'm hoping they bring Smelter in to see what he can do. If he's legitimate then they may be fine at WR if they resign Boldin. He's showing his age though and perhaps the team needs to move on with younger guys. Love T Smith's character!

TE: Can't believe they were down to Bell! Strongest position on the team in TC now appears to need help. Busta? But next season should be in good shape.

OL: OK, this is where the young guys are totally unimpressive. If Thomas can't get on the field with this mess I don't have much faith in him. If he's injured? Fine, put him on the injury list. I'm trying to be optimistic here but going forward there is not one lineman I have faith in at this point. Staley had been my one true NFL caliber guy...but after yesterday? Just can't believe he couldn't be bothered to get out of his stance half the time before his guy was in the backfield. Attitude? Or is he injured. Whatever! They need to draft/sign an OL this off season.
The problem is the wins keep Tomsula around. The guy can't coach he doesn't bench guys who suck. That is my problem with winning is we keep this crappy staff.
I concur with the OP. Tomosula could be coach of the year. If his team scratches out wins to the end of the season and finishes with momentum, wowl

Everyone is singing the raiders praises, but they have only 1 more win than the niners.

I say Keep Tomosula, start Gabbert, draft a qb to develop and move on.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by Rascal:
You failed to see the bigger picture, we needed a loss today if you truly cared about the team from a strategic standpoint in the long run.

What's the point of getting to 8-8? So what? Is absolutely pointless!!

This season was long over, bite the bullet, just lose out, make good use of the high draft picks and hopefully together with the tonne of cap space we have we can begin our rebuild.

horses**t! jesus f**king christ you draft slot guys are ridiculous. a young team needs to learn how to win first. that's far more important than a draft slot. if you truly cared about the team, you'd understand how important that it is in the long run.

Bull fxxking sh*t. period!!
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
i hate the coaches but this post is just b******t. think about what you just said.. if we cared about the team we hope they lose.. i do not care about long term, short term, strategic etc etc. that is just b******t. if you truly cared about the team you hope they would have success. this is just crazy s**t in my opinion

Again, just no foresight.
You failed to see the bigger picture, we needed a loss today if you truly cared about the team from a strategic standpoint in the long run.

This season was long over, bite the bullet, just lose out, make good use of the high draft picks and hopefully together with the tonne of cap space we have we can begin our rebuild.

horses**t! jesus f**king christ you draft slot guys are ridiculous. a young team needs to learn how to win first. that's far more important than a draft slot. if you truly cared about the team, you'd understand how important that it is in the long run.

Lol..we don't need to lose to get a good pick
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Oh we do alright. We have just dropped 2 places after the win from 5th to 7th.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

If we kept losing..then that would mean we are way farther off.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i hate the coaches but this post is just b******t. think about what you just said.. if we cared about the team we hope they lose.. i do not care about long term, short term, strategic etc etc. that is just b******t. if you truly cared about the team you hope they would have success. this is just crazy s**t in my opinion

Again, just no foresight.

wanting your team to lose in any way shape or form has nothing to do with fore sight hand sight or any other sort of sight in my opinion.

I miss Willis. Dude was a punishing tackler. Bo is a great tackler but he is more of a wrapping tackler whereas Willis tackled through the ball carrier and instantly stopped forward progress or sent it backward. Willis' tackles makes the ball carrier feel it.

Willis ended it too soon. Should have just gone on IR for a season and healed his foot.
Originally posted by NinerDreamer11:
Originally posted by iLL49er:
gabbert sucks...he's beyond terrible

if this team really moves on from kap for this guy they will prob regret it, i think kap should be given chance to come in and compete in camp next year. he played w/ a torn labrum

sitting back might allow kap to see the benefit of checking down faster by seeing gabby check down so fast every play, there is a happy medium

LOL, these last 2 Post's by Stefan and iLL.

Terrible! Wrong attitude. Who cares if you were a fan before last year. As much as i want a good draft pick.

I rather win and be happy on Sundays then to see the team lose and Paulk makes a good point. I know that playoffs are out, but who cares! i wanna win.

You can sit there and have a top 10 pick, doesn't meant it's a guaranteed star in making,

and we should do what we did a few years ago and draft 2 line men early, that's what we need unless we can get a good QB early, get OL's.

Kap should definitely not get another chance, and now were bringing the injury in as excuse for his terrible play? BS!

It doesn't matter if he was hurt or not, he hasn't played well, and it's time to pull the plug.

same here! Kap needs to go.

Kap knew the option of checking down all along but he gets so flustered in the pocket that he doesnt think clearly and fast enough to know that his reads are covered and find his RB. Gabbert isnt the best QB by far, but he shows great awareness of where his targets are and feeling pressure.
[ Edited by JustinNiner on Dec 7, 2015 at 9:44 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

and if we stay there we still can get a good pass rusher or o line man and a nice qb in round two. and if we stay at 7 and win no more games, jt is probably gone anyway
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
I miss Willis. Dude was a punishing tackler. Bo is a great tackler but he is more of a wrapping tackler whereas Willis tackled through the ball carrier and instantly stopped forward progress or sent it backward. Willis' tackles makes the ball carrier feel it.

Willis ended it too soon. Should have just gone on IR for a season and healed his foot.
he is a kind of guy, unlike willie mays, joe namath, johnny unitas, jerry rice etc,, who knew when to go and refused to play at a level he considered sub par.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Chicken or the Egg???

Damned if we do and Damned if we don't.

Both sides have good points.

Not at all. At 8-8, we have something to build upon.

• We have something to sell to Free Agents
  • how much these players love Jimmy T, they will sell it also.
  • We are sniffing the playoffs and are a few plays away from the playoffs: this gets more players to play for us
  • We can retain current players easier
  • We aren't desperate to over pay

At 4-12, we look like a laughing stock
  • players know we are more than one year from the playoffs.
  • Not many will want to come here.
  • Current players will want to leave
  • We will need to over pay (Jonas Jennings)
Share 49ersWebzone