LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 261 users in the forums

Just a little perspective...hopefully.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This team cannot beat Seattle or AZ. Team shoulda lost to a mediocre Bears team but since they found a way to win now you guys have FALSE HOPE. This was a Huge Fear of mine. Lets not get carried away, this team is a mess and an OT win vs a mediocre Bears team shouldn't sway judgement on this piss poor staff/regime 2015 season.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
You failed to see the bigger picture, we needed a loss today if you truly cared about the team from a strategic standpoint in the long run.

What's the point of getting to 8-8? So what? Is absolutely pointless!!

This season was long over, bite the bullet, just lose out, make good use of the high draft picks and hopefully together with the tonne of cap space we have we can begin our rebuild.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by Rascal:
You failed to see the bigger picture, we needed a loss today if you truly cared about the team from a strategic standpoint in the long run.

This season was long over, bite the bullet, just lose out, make good use of the high draft picks and hopefully together with the tonne of cap space we have we can begin our rebuild.

horses**t! jesus f**king christ you draft slot guys are ridiculous. a young team needs to learn how to win first. that's far more important than a draft slot. if you truly cared about the team, you'd understand how important that it is in the long run.
[ Edited by boast on Dec 7, 2015 at 8:25 AM ]
I agree with much of what flynhayn15 said in the OP - especially about assessing the team in terms of strength of schedule.

I tend to primarily be a fan of the players who make up the 9ers team no matter who those players are. Those guys work hard and put their bodies on the line to give us fans a team to root for. It was really good to see the players so excited after beating the Bears. I hope it helps build momentum to win at least two, and hopefully four, of the remaining games.

I say that in spite of knowing that more wins means that more of the coaching staff and especially the management will stay in place because of the wins. The thing is that lately I've become convinced that Jed York is the primary problem - actually, all of the Yorks as owners - and would like to see him/them replaced, but realistically that just isn't likely to happen. So, since we are stuck with them, I'm going have to be satisfied with whatever wins the guys can put together and enjoy the players getting their much deserved satisfaction with those wins.

It's looking like the Cards and Seahawks are going to be top tier teams for the next couple of years and the 9ers will essentially be in rebuilding mode. In spite of that, I think the team can come together to put together respectable seasons for us fans - and we can always hope that it somehow crystallizes into something special.
This year, I predicted we would go 4-12. Looks like I may have been wrong, and I am happy about it. I could not envision us doing better than that with the off season we had, and the new coaching staff. And that waveform Kaepernick screwed the pooch.

I feel a lot better watching the new younger players emerge, who got zero chances under Harbaugh. I think we may have a legitimate QB on our team too.

These young fans who think that an early draft pick signals instant success have NO understanding of this game. It is far more important that this team get some wins and success under their belts, together as a team, heading into the off-season. They need something to build on after their hard work and horrible results to date.

If we draft for need on OL and DL, hit a couple of good FA signings, and how into next year with a significantly softer schedule, next year will be better.
It is good to be positive and optimistic about our team moving forward. We do have some talent. But at the same time, it's this type of thinking that looks like it will sadly lead to Tomsula sticking around another year. There's simply no excuses for being 4-8. Tomsula has no chance of ever being a successful head coach and we need to can his ass, but dumb and dumber will give him a pass for this year just because of the terrible offseason. This will result in another wasted year next year and thus put us back at least another year before we can build a contending team again. Tomsula is in way over his head and you'll never have a good team with him at the helm. Extremely frustrating that York and Baalke will give him another chance simply because they like him and they're using the bad offseason as an excuse, when it's blatantly obvious that he's a really bad head coach.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

i hate the coaches but this post is just b******t. think about what you just said.. if we cared about the team we hope they lose.. i do not care about long term, short term, strategic etc etc. that is just b******t. if you truly cared about the team you hope they would have success. this is just crazy s**t in my opinion
Bears are 1-5 at home and a .417 PCT team overall,The 49ers basically defeated Pauly Shore yesterday.

#Perspective
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
This team cannot beat Seattle or AZ. Team shoulda lost to a mediocre Bears team but since they found a way to win now you guys have FALSE HOPE. This was a Huge Fear of mine. Lets not get carried away, this team is a mess and an OT win vs a mediocre Bears team shouldn't sway judgement on this piss poor staff/regime 2015 season.

stop being dramatic. no one has false hope,. we are very happy we won on the road vs a team who had a huge win and was playing well. and it was also nice because we were lectured all week long about how gase and fangio will kick our ass. i hate our coaches but just stop it. i do not know what to think of fans who hope we lose and get pissed when we win. instead of downplaying the win by saying the bears are bad, the players and qb should be given alot of credit for playing hard and not having a divided house. just because some of us are happy with yesterday, does not mean we have false hope. why does one thing, ALWAYS have to lead to another around here
Told you that the defense would be alot better without Bethea.

At least with Tomsula we get to see depth.

Harbros buried a ton of guys like Lemicheal and others.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by iLL49er:
gabbert sucks...he's beyond terrible

if this team really moves on from kap for this guy they will prob regret it, i think kap should be given chance to come in and compete in camp next year. he played w/ a torn labrum

sitting back might allow kap to see the benefit of checking down faster by seeing gabby check down so fast every play, there is a happy medium
the new quarterback has clearly out played the former qb wit the same s**tty coaches and offensive line,. those facts clearly outweigh your opinion of gabbert in my opinion. part of me wants to say, unlike ck,, gabbert actually saw a wide open smith and hit him with the pass, but i will refrain
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Told you that the defense would be alot better without Bethea.

At least with Tomsula we get to see depth.

Harbros buried a ton of guys like Lemicheal and others.
i love bethea but you just may be right
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by iLL49er:
gabbert sucks...he's beyond terrible

if this team really moves on from kap for this guy they will prob regret it, i think kap should be given chance to come in and compete in camp next year. he played w/ a torn labrum

sitting back might allow kap to see the benefit of checking down faster by seeing gabby check down so fast every play, there is a happy medium

I hear you but I think CK's time here has come and gone. Maybe he will learn at his next stop. CK won't check down any faster b/c he just isn't seeing the whole field.

Agreed. CK7 has been given YEARS, not games, but YEARS to scan the field and spot the open guy. He hasn't developed that skill yet and it's been so long now that I wonder if he ever will.
  • frenz
  • Veteran
Okay so I'm new to watching NFL this year, came in with the Aussie bandwagonners and fell in love with the team. I've put a lot of effort into learning the nuances of the game, but I still am pretty much clueless about a lot of it. I've also read up as much as I can about the history of the franchise and the people involved with it. Just a little back story on me to put my question into perspective...

I understand the value of a higher pick in the draft, but given that the general consensus of the community seems to be that at least on the offensive side of the ball Baalke's draft picks, especially first rounders, have been pretty bad in the last few years, why are so many people so sure that getting a top 5 pick is going to be able to make us a better team next year?

I mean this as a serious question, not looking to stir s**t up or anything like that.
Originally posted by boast:

horses**t! jesus f**king christ you draft slot guys are ridiculous. a young team needs to learn how to win first. that's far more important than a draft slot. if you truly cared about the team, you'd understand how important that it is in the long run.

Chicken or the Egg???

Damned if we do and Damned if we don't.

Both sides have good points.
Share 49ersWebzone