LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 251 users in the forums

Game # 12 The Good, Bad Ugly

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Then let's just trade out of the 1st and 2nd round altogether and stack a bunch of "value pick"?

You are right about Goff, which is why I consistently place him under Cook and Lynch. Personally, I like Cook, and I've been high on him before the Big 10 title game (where he played with and injured throwing shoulder). 5th year senior with a ton quality wins. No way he makes it out of the top 20, and that's being modest. Mich. St runs a read-option, but not a pure one. Make no mistake about it, Cook is a pocket passer, better than Gabbert and Kaep.

But hey, agree to disagree.

No problem agreeing to disagree lol.

There some solid players at the top just not at QB IMHO.

If cook drops to the 2nd I wouldn't hate it, I do prefer wentz though...I think Cook more pro-ready but not sure how much more upside he has.

I think Blaine is more athletic than cook and his arm is better at this point. I think You'd be in the minority thinking he's not getting out of the top 20, but that's cool we all have our prospects that we like

I'd rather have cook in the 2nd as a developmental pick than Goff or lynch in the top 10.
Originally posted by BodhiPaddlesOut:
Hodge's looked pretty good too.

Can't believe the coaching didn't put Kilgore in after Martin whiffed on 3rd down, late in the 3rd quarter. Mailing it in at the end of the first half was inexcusable too.
Exactly
Originally posted by NYniner85:

If cook drops to the 2nd I wouldn't hate it, I do prefer wentz though...I think Cook more pro-ready but not sure how much more upside he has.

I think Blaine is more athletic than cook and his arm is better at this point. I think You'd be in the minority thinking he's not getting out of the top 20, but that's cool we all have our prospects that we like

I'd rather have cook in the 2nd as a developmental pick than Goff or lynch in the top 10.
No way Cook makes it to the 2nd. Goff might be a reach in the 1st,and I do think that Wentz is as good, if not slightly better, than Goff. I(I think there's a little hype factor with Goff, but I think he'll succeed at the next level.) But Lynch and Cook won't see the 2nd round. They are legitimate 1st rounders.
  • MikeD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bewdynewkJH38:
Originally posted by Nuns:
I liked hodges. Leave 57 on the bench.

No pass rush whatsoever.

Pinion has an incredible leg. Changed the field position game.

Ellington is horrible at returning. Bring back Hayne.

Gabby is clutch.

Pears and Martin need to sit.

Mcdonald going out hurt the offense. He has a bright future if he can stay healthy.

If you want to know if Hayne can return punts, this is the best time to put him in now

No way Cook makes it to the 2nd. Goff might be a reach in the 1st,and I do think that Wentz is as good, if not slightly better, than Goff. I(I think there's a little hype factor with Goff, but I think he'll succeed at the next level.) But Lynch and Cook won't see the 2nd round. They are legitimate 1st rounders.

If I had to pick a top QB I'd go with Lynch...then Goff and Wentz.

I'm not a huge fan of Cook never have been. I see Kurt Cousins 2.0 but hey I could be wrong.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
All three of the QB's I mentioned are starters. But I think the smart move would be to give them a season to develop - the Aaron Rogers model. Plus, this O-line needs at least one more early round guy. No need to ruin a young talent by throwing him behind an O-line with protection and consistency issues. Sitting him for a season also allows him to come in with an established O-line to pass behind.

NO QB drafted in the top 10 sits for a year just doesn't happen. Teams say they're gonna let him sit an learn, but the moment they lose a couple games they throw in the rookie who's not even close to being ready.

Everyone complains about Baalke drafting developmental players but everyone wants him to invest a top 10 pick on one in a horrible QB class smh.
UHMMMM... both Palmer and Air McNair where drafted TOP 5, and I'm pretty sure they both sat for a year..

my question to you is, do you think we should bring back your boy Kaep and DEVELOPE him???
Originally posted by znk916:
Originally posted by xcfan:
Martin's problem is that he's competing against elite athletes, yet he has the hips and legs of a very large woman.

Bad - Lemonier dropping a sure interception and being picked last at recess for kickball.
The Bad

Tomsula now has aids after being hugged after the game by Jed and Trent
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 951NINER:
Originally posted by BodhiPaddlesOut:
Hodge's looked pretty good too.

Can't believe the coaching didn't put Kilgore in after Martin whiffed on 3rd down, late in the 3rd quarter. Mailing it in at the end of the first half was inexcusable too.
Exactly

Worst thing I have seen from JtOM so far

3yds and a cloud of dust doesn't win anymore.

Why not go for a TD?

Or get past midfield and give Dawson a chance?

Originally posted by mojave45:
Yes, the touch back was both ugly and brilliant . tossing thrall of of the end zone without hi feet touching... Brilliant and rare. The mess after? Ugly. But you should know, because we touched it first, we can not score on that play.
It's a strange one that like you say rarely happens... Truth be told I'm was a little fuzzy there on the rule, if the Bears player had picked it up after the throw back, he could have technically returned it for a TD, but if it hits him & he loses the ball we can't regather it & score?
Share 49ersWebzone