There are 292 users in the forums

Alex Boone Sounding Off

Shop Find 49ers gear online
What are your thoughts? https://youtu.be/BPrJm2juY5g
My thoughts are that those comments are old...but obviously he's right.
In my opinion, Alex came short of saying the game is rigged. Like our last Superbowl appearance and our last championship game against the Seahawks was a fair played game by the ref's?! LOL! What a joke!
I applaud him. I think him sounding off and making headlines factored into the NFL reassigning that crew off MNF. Boone is right, and the NFL appears to agree with him. That's why he hasn't been fined.

But the problem is not really the Refs. Their poor performance is just a symptom of a stupid rules system. My favorite part of Boone's rant was calling out Goodell, because he's pushed for this extreme micro-management of the game and it's hurt the product on the field.

My hope is in the off-season the competition committee comes to together and does something about the broken rules system:

1. If you're in doubt, DO NOT throw the flag. Right now it's the opposite, they throw flags when they're not sure, and that's wrong.
2. If it doesn't effect the outcome of the play, DO NOT throw the flag.
3. Allow ANY play to be challengeable.
If you listen closely. Alex also stated that the ref's did not like what was said by the Niner players. That was the reason the ref threw the flag. It is obvious that there was no offensive interference by our tight end and there was no roughing the passer by our pass rusher. That was a big momentum swing in favor of Arizona. In my opinion, the game is rigged!
remember, its an entertainment product, not a sport.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I applaud him. I think him sounding off and making headlines factored into the NFL reassigning that crew off MNF. Boone is right, and the NFL appears to agree with him. That's why he hasn't been fined.

But the problem is not really the Refs. Their poor performance is just a symptom of a stupid rules system. My favorite part of Boone's rant was calling out Goodell, because he's pushed for this extreme micro-management of the game and it's hurt the product on the field.

My hope is in the off-season the competition committee comes to together and does something about the broken rules system:

1. If you're in doubt, DO NOT throw the flag. Right now it's the opposite, they throw flags when they're not sure, and that's wrong.

The most frustrating part to me is when they pick and choose when they throw the flags. Cost us a superbowl.

How can you keep your flag in your pocket when you threw it like two minutes before? Call it fair or don't call it at all.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

they'll will never happen b/c it's gonna make the game too dam long. Games start going 4 hours long and ppl gonna start checking out.
Does anyone know if Boone is going to be fined for those comments?
Originally posted by lamontb:
they'll will never happen b/c it's gonna make the game too dam long. Games start going 4 hours long and ppl gonna start checking out.

Not if they limit teams challenges to 2 or 3 a game, same as it is now. The game won't be slowed down.

Originally posted by GrumpyDad:

https://youtu.be/BPrJm2juY5g
You are correct!
  • Ike49
M thoughts are, this is so last week
Originally posted by crake49:
Does anyone know if Boone is going to be fined for those comments?

He did not get fined. They know Alex has every right to vent!! The game was a joke!
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
dude should concentrate on blocking and stfu
Originally posted by GrumpyDad:

yup. people take sports too seriously. its just entertainment. nothing more nothing less.
Share 49ersWebzone