LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 206 users in the forums

A.Davis

Shop Find 49ers gear online
i wonder if the mass exodus away fromt he niners this offseason had anything else going on besides just the firing of harbaugh? something behind the scenes will come out i think. for that many players to be turned off by a team in one offseason is kind of unprecedented
I couldn't agree more.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Can't count on Davis, he could quit in the middle of a game. His talent is without question but who knows where his head is at.
  • cools
  • Veteran
I'd trade trade Davis

and in my dream world...
Re-sign Boone, Pick up Cleveland Free agents Mack and Schwartz

LT- Staley
LG- Boone, Thomas
C- Mack, Martin
RG- Brown, Tiller
RT- Schwartz
ST Silberman
Originally posted by cools:
I'd trade trade Davis

and in my dream world...

LT- Staley
LG- Boone, Thomas
C- Mack, Martin
RG- Brown, Tiller
RT- Schwartz
ST Silberman

Oh, I agree with trading Davis if he comes back, let someone else deal with his unpredictability. But then, draft high, and sign the best available free agent as well.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
i wonder if the mass exodus away fromt he niners this offseason had anything else going on besides just the firing of harbaugh? something behind the scenes will come out i think. for that many players to be turned off by a team in one offseason is kind of unprecedented
leaving in FA maybe , retiring doubtful
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
leaving in FA maybe , retiring doubtful

one had nothing to do with the other in my opinion
Originally posted by cools:
I'd trade trade Davis

and in my dream world...

LT- Staley
LG- Boone, Thomas
C- Mack, Martin
RG- Brown, Tiller
RT- Schwartz
ST Silberman

Brown at RG? You better draft Lynch then cuz that's a really tall O-Line.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Money talks

Tiller is our 2nd best OL this year

Where did you find those stats? I thought PFF got rid of their advanced stats.
  • Andra
  • Veteran
Draft a OT in the 1st round. If AD comes back trade him. I don't think he can be counted on but I do think he has decent trade value
Originally posted by genus49:
Where did you find those stats? I thought PFF got rid of their advanced stats.

I think you have to pay more for them now

Originally posted by NYniner85:

I didn't even see the option for it though. When I try checking on those it says your subscription is expired and when i try to renew they say there is no way to renew or get new subscription to premium stats.

Always though that was a really weird change considering that's really what made their site so popular.

edit: just looked it up...apparently they're removing it for regular folk and my subscription just happened to run out earlier in the season and it will do the same for the other guys on here eventually.

Really sh*tty move by PFF. Don't understand why they'd do that.
[ Edited by genus49 on Dec 2, 2015 at 1:41 PM ]
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by JDMathews49ers:
Even if Davis comes back, I'm all for drafting Tunsil if he's there. He appears to be that type of tackle. Plus I'm on the mindset that Ant should not just be given his starting job back. He has to earn it to me. Staley is a stud, but he's getting up in age. Let's be honest, at times he hasn't look as stellar. I would pencil Tunsil in as our RT, but if he's better than Joe, I'll move him to LT and Joe to RT. No matter what we want to do on offense, you still need horses up front. If we can land a stud in Tunsil, we have to take it. Trent should also eye another Guard and/or Center in rounds 3-5. I know this has been said many times before, but we absolutely have to rebuild the trenches. I for one wouldn't be mad if Trent doubled down on rebuilding those lines.

Same here.

Staley is getting old and we need to develop his replacement sooner than later.

Tunsil or Stanley would fit the bill.

agreed, we need to develop future starters sooner than later, we don't have coach Mckittrick around anymore to develop late round picks into serviceable starting offensive lineman , ahhh the days of Camelot

Like the old song title, "Those Were the Days My Friend"
1st: Staley/Boone/Mack/Kilgore/Davis

2nd: Boone/Thomas/Kilgore/Martin/Brown (if either Mack or Staley were injured)

That would be a pretty strong group with only one addition. I'd prefer bringing in another OG and OT either in FAcy or the draft for depth.

This would make a huge difference for just a bit of the teams cap space!
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I didn't even see the option for it though. When I try checking on those it says your subscription is expired and when i try to renew they say there is no way to renew or get new subscription to premium stats.

Always though that was a really weird change considering that's really what made their site so popular.

edit: just looked it up...apparently they're removing it for regular folk and my subscription just happened to run out earlier in the season and it will do the same for the other guys on here eventually.

Really sh*tty move by PFF. Don't understand why they'd do that.

Yup they did the same thing to me....lame
YES!

You can never have too many good Olinemen. If we take an OT with our top pick, we could play him at RT in 2016. If A. Davis returns, we could put him at RG (he'd be better at guard anyway).

Staley - Boone - Kilgore - A. Davis - Rookie Stud

Looks like a pretty b***hin OL to me.
Share 49ersWebzone