LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 224 users in the forums

A.Davis

Shop Find 49ers gear online
RT is probably our biggest need going into the off season... Let's just say Anthony Davis decides to return which is very possible..does that mean we no longer worry about the position?? Alot of mocks have us taking tunsil or the kid from Notre Dame in the 1st..does the return of Davis mean we no longer would take one of the tackles with our first pick?? Would we take one in the 2nd?3rd?? In other words how comfortable would we be with Davis coming back? Comfortable enough to give him his job back without risking a 1st rounder on someone else?? I think Davis has always been better fit for a guard so lets say we do take a kid like tunsil in the 1st...we kick Davis on the inside to RG and our horrendous OL problems are fixed...we kill 2 birds with one stone...Staley-Boone-Martin-Davis-Tunsil..that's a pretty dam good front imo
Originally posted by yung_prophet_one:
RT is probably our biggest need going into the off season... Let's just say Anthony Davis decides to return which is very possible..does that mean we no longer worry about the position?? Alot of mocks have us taking tunsil or the kid from Notre Dame in the 1st..does the return of Davis mean we no longer would take one of the tackles with our first pick?? Would we take one in the 2nd?3rd?? In other words how comfortable would we be with Davis coming back? Comfortable enough to give him his job back without risking a 1st rounder on someone else?? I think Davis has always been better fit for a guard so lets say we do take a kid like tunsil in the 1st...we kick Davis on the inside to RG and our horrendous OL problems are fixed...we kill 2 birds with one stone...Staley-Boone-Martin-Davis-Tunsil..that's a pretty dam good front imo

Any O line that has Martin starting will never be fixed

Re-sign Boone, sign Alex Mack Draft a QB in the first to sit behind whoever our QB is Gabbert or Kaepernick

Staley, Boone, Mack, Tiller, Davis

Prepare to return to the super bowl
I mean Mack is definitely a terrific player but let's be realistic here even if he does leave Cleveland he's not coming to a team that sucked just as bad as the browns... Take Martin out and put killgore in then...either way out oline would be pretty good imo
Tiller is arguably just as crappy at rg as pears is at rt...the right side of our line is pathetic... With my idea we fix our 2 biggest problems with one pick ..even tho its a 1st rounder...tunsil is a beast and our RG gets fixed with it
I mean Mack is definitely a terrific player but let's be realistic here even if he does leave Cleveland he's not coming to a team that sucked just as bad as t

Be realistic? He signed with the Jaguars two years ago. I think he wants out of Cleveland more than anything.
I mean Mack is definitely a terrific player but let's be realistic here even if he does leave Cleveland he's not coming to a team that sucked just as bad as the browns... Take Martin out and put killgore in then...either way out oline would be pretty good imo

Money talks
Tiller is arguably just as crappy at rg as pears is at rt...the right side of our line is pathetic... With my idea we fix our 2 biggest problems with one pick ..even tho its a 1st rounder...tunsil is a beast and our RG gets fixed with it

Tiller is our 2nd best OL this year

Agree, I'd like to see what Kilgore can do before we chase Mack. There are a few nice OGs we could target also. Baalke doesn't tend to big money to Interior lineman. It's an old school mentality, so I'm not so sure we go after FAs unless he feels he can get a dominate player. Baltimore probably won't be able to keep Yanda and Osemele. I think we might enter that market rather than resigning Boone.

Davis has been indicating all year that he plans on coming back next year. Him and Staley are locked up, so drafting another OT in the 1st would be a head scratcher. Even if we want to slide a guy inside to bolster the line, it's a strange move, IMO.
Originally posted by valrod33:

Re-sign Boone, sign Alex Mack Draft a QB in the first to sit behind whoever our QB is Gabbert or Kaepernick

Replace Tiller with Kilgore and its a wrap. Keep Tiller and MM for depth. Draft a OT to groom.
IF Mack wants out of Cleveland he would want to go to a contender now... He wouldn't want to come to a rebuilding team..and that's the problem right there if tiller has been our 2nd best line man...smh..it was just a thought of kicking in Davis and drafting tunsil...I liked it but I don't think any of u guys like the idea too much lol
Originally posted by valrod33:

I've played with & against Alex. He's a CA guy, its very possible he ends up a 49er. There is no way he stays in Cleveland, he's been miserable like every other Brown.

IF Mack wants out of Cleveland he would want to go to a contender now... He wouldn't want to come to a rebuilding team

As I mentioned before this is just an assumption. He said the same stuff 2 years ago and he signed with Jacksonville.

He is a California guy that has made it clear that he wants out of Cleveland period. If the money is right and its not Cleveland I think he'd go most anywhere.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Dec 2, 2015 at 4:52 AM ]
It would be hard for me to trust that he'll have a "do whatever it takes to win" mentality.
IF Mack wants out of Cleveland he would want to go to a contender now... He wouldn't want to come to a rebuilding team..and that's the problem right there if tiller has been our 2nd best line man...smh..it was just a thought of kicking in Davis and drafting tunsil...I liked it but I don't think any of u guys like the idea too much lol

I think the issue is he's not a FA and they're talking about trading for him correct?

Tunsil is gonna be a top 3 pick and not sure we will have a top 3 pick. By the sounds of it Davis is coming back and Staley is a stud tackles are set...doubt Boone comes back and Kilgore is more than capable as a center. We are IMO in the market for some solid OG help which can be had in the 2nd round and FA.

Anyone tell me th deal with Brandon Thomas?? He was fine in preseason and now he's not dressing for games? Does he suck (he sure didn't in college) or is this coaching staff not using the correct players?
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Dec 2, 2015 at 5:04 AM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
As I mentioned before this is just an assumption. He said the same stuff 2 years ago and he signed with Jacksonville.

He is a California guy that has made it clear that he wants out of Cleveland period. If the money is right and its not Cleveland I think he'd go most anywhere.

He signed with the Jags to avoid the Franchise tag, he knew the browns would be forced to match the deal. That conveniently had a player option right off the bat, that was by design so he could escape. Mark my words he'll be coming close to home or he'll sign with a big time contender.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
or is this coaching staff not using the correct players?

I dont think this question needs to be asked anymore. Look how long it took them to make Tiller a starter.
Share 49ersWebzone