LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

The banner over the stadium, love or hate it??

Shop Find 49ers gear online

The banner over the stadium, love or hate it??

• Chico
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BodhiPaddlesOut:
And what is the current staff doing to players? Our starting QB is out for the season. So is our starting RB. We just lost a starting DL.

I have yet to see anything that would convince me Harbaugh was more of a toll than three straight post season runs.

Kap started to suck & a change needed to be made. Carlos getting injured is not Yorks fault. I highly doubt Frank would've made a difference. Isn't he injured for the Colts right now?

As far as JH goes...how many times can you hear "who's got it better than us" before it gets old? The team was falling apart & that slogan was already backfiring especially when all 49er opponents were flashing it after they beat us.
Liked it, but a completely empty stadium would mean considerably more. I don't hate York, but his track record w/out Harbaugh speaks volumes about how productive he's been as an owner. We were spoiled by a winning obsessed Eddie D, and it's important to note that even if we do manage to convince the Yorks to sell the next owner will likely not be as maniacal as Eddie. Still, it would be safe to assume the team would be more likely to win under new ownership because we have a large enough sample size at this point.

I think the best thing to do is to not buy tickets that aren't already purchased, not go to the games even if you have tickets, and not buy merchandise while encouraging everyone you know to do the same. If we stand together on this, we can cause change regardless of what the naysayers say, but it takes a commitment. Not showing up to the game creates public shaming even for tickets are paid for, and not buying merch helps cut the funding. If they don't sell, it will at the very least put a nice fire under their butts to hire the best football people they can. I'm not using hindsight to say Tomsula and Chryst were disasterous hires that reeked of desperation and a lack of football knowledge. These were guys that no other team had on their radar because they are simply not qualified for the positions they hold. This is unacceptable to me as a fan, and it should be to you too. I'm not saying you have to treat the Yorks like trash to be a good fan, but if you really care about winning more than going to a live event/excuse to get drunk, then send your message quietly and with class by not going to the game. You can still watch from home without enabling the product we're seeing now.
I saw it flying around but couldn't read it. VERY GLAD they did it just for simple fact that it made local AND national news so Jed HAS to know about it.
Message could have been better
  • Kense
  • Veteran
I was listening to Damon Bruce and apparently it's only 2k-10k to rent a Blimp and wrap it with Jeds Face. I'd like to start a go fund me and just have the Blimp float over the stadium with Jeds Quote about we don't raise championship banners on repeat.
Originally posted by LenCat:
I saw it flying around but couldn't read it. VERY GLAD they did it just for simple fact that it made local AND national news so Jed HAS to know about it.
Message could have been better

This. Something shorter but the point was clear.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by barrymartin:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
York doesn't care about some damn banner. All that matters to him is $$$$$ and he has plenty of that thanks to the fat-cats who paid for the SBLs. (Aka suckers)

I'm not sure...I actually believe he would like the team to win superbowls and follow in his uncles footsteps. I believe he is emotionally vulnerable to the criticism of the fans and that it is effecting him. This season could be a breakdown and breakthrough for him...He may actually realize he needs help and go through the due diligence to hire some real experts who will help him put together a successful plan for this organization.
posters don't understand, they think it's easy with so many moving parts

I don't think it is easy but this team has been a mess for most of the Yorks tenure and it was even dysfunctional when the team was winning under Harbaugh.
The Yorks have been bad owners and outside of the Harbaugh years the team has been terrible. Jed, Marathe and Baalke are all part of that stink.
  • Kense
  • Veteran
By the time it got "old" York had already made his empty mind up he wanted him gone. Harbaugh wasn't saying that when things were bad, so how was it old? Firing Harbaugh is going to go down as one of the biggest mistakes in 49er history. York is a god damn moron and he's soft as chinchilla fur. Boo hood Harbaugh was mean. What a chocha..

Originally posted by Chico:
Kap started to suck & a change needed to be made. Carlos getting injured is not Yorks fault. I highly doubt Frank would've made a difference. Isn't he injured for the Colts right now?

As far as JH goes...how many times can you hear "who's got it better than us" before it gets old? The team was falling apart & that slogan was already backfiring especially when all 49er opponents were flashing it after they beat us.
Banenr message was too long,fell alseep trying to read it all
Share 49ersWebzone