LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 275 users in the forums

Week 12 2015: Thoughts after rewatching the game...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
You're also DEAD wrong about #9. If you think Jed has the team's best interests at heart, you're sadly mistaken. The only thing the banner disappointed me with is that it wasn't a stronger message. Give Harbaugh and Fangio this roster and the Niners are ABSOLUTELY better than 3-8.

Were you one of the people predicting that we'd still win 10 games this year while everyone who was being realistic knew we'd go 5 wins at best?

Oh. OK.

If you say so it must be true. Nope...I see it now. The team is Jeds family legacy and he just really just doesn't give a sh*t. He wants to make money and that's it. I mean clearly an empty stadium full of unhappy fans will make more money that a perennial playoff team and THATS why he canned Harbaugh.

And Levis? Sheesh...its not like Candlestick needed an update. It was just fine for another 50 years or so. And he got a sweet deal from SC where they funded the entire thing just like in other states.

I mean its not like he could have gone to LA and had the teams value double or even triple AND gotten a funded stadium to boot.

Seriously peeps...this is too easy.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
One game a player doesn't make.

Vance McDonald needs to be cut this offseason. His negatives FAR outweigh one decent showing against a team that overlooked us in a lost season.

Keep in mind, he did fumble after that one reception and I could friggin' FEEL him do it right before he did. I knew it was coming. Granted, it went out of bounds but a fumble is a fumble. This guy can't catch or secure the ball; he needs to be gone.

Actually TWO good weeks.

Seattle wasn't exactly a good week. He had a 19-yard TD reception when we were already down 20 and a 36 yard reception in the 4th when we were still getting manhandled. Those two plays were the majority of his yardage and ultimately didn't impact the game.

Vance McDonald needs to be cut this offseason. His negatives FAR outweigh one decent showing against a team that overlooked us in a lost season.

Keep in mind, he did fumble after that one reception and I could friggin' FEEL him do it right before he did. I knew it was coming. Granted, it went out of bounds but a fumble is a fumble. This guy can't catch or secure the ball; he needs to be gone.

Actually TWO good weeks.

Seattle wasn't exactly a good week. He had a 19-yard TD reception when we were already down 20 and a 36 yard reception in the 4th when we were still getting manhandled. Those two plays were the majority of his yardage and ultimately didn't impact the game.

I love it when people explain away things that are inconvenient to their argument.

Actually TWO good weeks.

I love it when people explain away things that are inconvenient to their argument.

Seems like he was providing context to me.
Originally posted by BodhiPaddlesOut:

Actually TWO good weeks.

Of course it does.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by philosoraptor:
I forgot when paying top ten money at the time for a college coach was lowballing, guess I missed that memo. harbaugh was set at 5 million a year, which would have tied him with jack del rio at 10.... for a guy who hadnt coached in the league. Yeah, low balling.....

Sing went 5-4 and 8-8 in his first two seasons. If you take out the hindsight, I think most all of us were expecting big things after that 8-8 season.

I am of the same mind of Marvin. Jed has really f**ked up, but I do think he wants to win.

Chip Kelly - 7 million a year

Pete Carroll - 7 million a year

Steve Spurrier - 5 million (highest paid coach at the time)

Bobby Petrino - 5 million (in 2007)

Buch Davis - 4 million (in 2001)

Jim Harbaugh - Steve Ross (Dolphins owner) offered 7-8 million, Michigan offered $5.2 million. He takes 5 million to coach in SF, who had hoped to pay him 4-4.5 million.
Originally posted by maximusdecimus:
Im with Marvin. That banner is just stupid.
This being thanksgiving weekend I would have donated that money to a food bank or given it to some other charity. What a complete waste of money.

You people who hate jed, instead of paying for a childish banner that does nothing, why don't you boycott the team. Don't go to the game. Don't buy 49er gear.
STOP PUTTING MONEY IN THE GUYS POCKETS!!!!!!! At least that will actually accomplish something.

It paid a guy's wage.

I bet if you held yourself to the same standard of "is this more worthwhile than donating to a food bank or charity" you'd really have to change your expenditures.
You're also DEAD wrong about #9. If you think Jed has the team's best interests at heart, you're sadly mistaken. The only thing the banner disappointed me with is that it wasn't a stronger message. Give Harbaugh and Fangio this roster and the Niners are ABSOLUTELY better than 3-8.

Were you one of the people predicting that we'd still win 10 games this year while everyone who was being realistic knew we'd go 5 wins at best?

Oh. OK.

If you say so it must be true. Nope...I see it now. The team is Jeds family legacy and he just really just doesn't give a sh*t. He wants to make money and that's it. I mean clearly an empty stadium full of unhappy fans will make more money that a perennial playoff team and THATS why he canned Harbaugh.

And Levis? Sheesh...its not like Candlestick needed an update. It was just fine for another 50 years or so. And he got a sweet deal from SC where they funded the entire thing just like in other states.

I mean its not like he could have gone to LA and had the teams value double or even triple AND gotten a funded stadium to boot.

We're not going to agree on this front so we'll agree to disagree, but how anyone can defend York or think he truly cares about the product on the field is beyond me. Rode Harbs for a stadium to boost the bottomline and is content to shuffle deck chairs on the titanic until public outcry is too strong (this will mean another 8-10 year drought).

And for all the $ that went into Levi's it's an awful stadium and experience. No one wants to go. Give me Candlestick any day.

Mark my words--he retains Tomsula and Gabbert and we go 5 or so wins again next year. Fires Tomsula end of 2016, no one wants to come here because of the awful organizational culture and incompetence, so we end up with a scrub. Somewhere in there Baalke gets fired and Marathe potentially takes on a football role he has no business taking on as a non-football guy. Rinse and repeat until something clicks and we hire a real football mind who can attract real actually talented coaches to come back here again.

With all that said, I always look forward to your breakdowns; keep up the great job.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by philosoraptor:
I forgot when paying top ten money at the time for a college coach was lowballing, guess I missed that memo. harbaugh was set at 5 million a year, which would have tied him with jack del rio at 10.... for a guy who hadnt coached in the league. Yeah, low balling.....

Sing went 5-4 and 8-8 in his first two seasons. If you take out the hindsight, I think most all of us were expecting big things after that 8-8 season.

I am of the same mind of Marvin. Jed has really f**ked up, but I do think he wants to win.

Chip Kelly - 7 million a year

Pete Carroll - 7 million a year

Steve Spurrier - 5 million (highest paid coach at the time)

Bobby Petrino - 5 million (in 2007)

Buch Davis - 4 million (in 2001)

Jim Harbaugh - Steve Ross (Dolphins owner)offered 7-8 million, Michigan offered $5.2 million. He takes 5 million to coach in SF, who had hoped to pay him 4-4.5 million.

Offer from the Dolphins was never confirmed...and if I'm understanding you correctly the 49ers sticking to their guns on salary and still getting their man is construed as a negative?

Only in Ninertalk.

Actually TWO good weeks.

Of course it does.

It was providing important context. Here you're gauging a 3-year vets "potential" on a 2 game sample size where he still wasn't that good. I'd prefer to judge him on the larger, more awful sample size he's provided. Maybe if that fumble was in bounds you'd have changed your tune.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Oh. OK.

I think you seem to drink too much of the koolaid that Jed is serving up. Family legacy is a bunch of crap it was his unlce's team not his fathers. His mother got control because it was the only way to split assets on a family that does not even like each other. lol family legacy

Actually TWO good weeks.

Of course it does.

What does "explain away things that are inconvenient to their argument" even mean?

Explain:

make (an idea, situation, or problem) clear to someone by describing it in more detail or revealing relevant facts or ideas.

I believe in Vance McDonald, but he still has a way to go. After the end of last week's Seattle game I was simply content that he could catch the ball and was an above average blocker.
Originally posted by OneMoreRing:
I respect that you see the Jed situation different that most fans but a couple things worth adding...

-Jed drew an analogy from his hiring of JimmyT to the GSWarriors hiring Steve Kerr - which implies that Jed actually thought they were going to win 10 games this year, even with all the personnel and coaching losses....that smacks of stupid in the worst way. Stupid owners don't win. This suggests Jed just got lucky with the Harbaugh hire and will not be able replicate it.

-Jed asked to be held accountable for the teams performance after he fired Harbaugh and hired JimmyT...and then proceeded to go underground. He doesn't take interviews anymore (though he did plenty when the niners were winning). This suggests he is a spoiled kid who can't handle the accountability he asked for.

1) So? What was he supposed to say? He never said "this guy is Steve Kerr". He was simply drawing a comparison to another team that had fired a successful coach.

2) So? The dude can't freakin' win. If he's on TV he's on an ego trip. If he's not he's gone underground. If he keeps Tomsula he's an idiot. If he fires him his a bad owner who never gave Tomsula a chance.

Peeps that draw these conclusions crack me up. "The sky is blue which suggests purple ink in the air so obviously there is a giant deity in space painting the sky".

1) So? What was he supposed to say? He never said "this guy is Steve Kerr". He was simply drawing a comparison to another team that had fired a successful coach.

2) So? The dude can't freakin' win. If he's on TV he's on an ego trip. If he's not he's gone underground. If he keeps Tomsula he's an idiot. If he fires him his a bad owner who never gave Tomsula a chance.

Peeps that draw these conclusions crack me up. "The sky is blue which suggests purple ink in the air so obviously there is a giant deity in space painting the sky".

1.) If he didn't say 'This guy is Steve Kerr' he clearly inferred it - why else would you bring up Steve Kerrs name in relation to hiring Tomusula?! He was obviously drawing a parallel, in a rebuilding year where his team could not hope to compete in their own division. I like your posts Marvin but stop trying to defend things like this. It was an idiotic statement for Jed to make at that juncture.

2.) Nobody would accuse Jed of being on an ego trip if he got out in front WHEN THEY WERE LOSING. But he hides when they lose, and he is out in front when they win. See the difference?
[ Edited by OneMoreRing on Nov 30, 2015 at 3:05 PM ]
Look I get it. flying a banner isn't gonna make Jed sell the team. i doubt even boycotting the team would. All i really expect from Jed is after week 17 is for him to come out and say "we're currently making evaluations on the team." that go a long way in saying "yeah i screwed up." but regarding the banner if people have a need to express themselves, that's what they're gonna do. i'm not throwing in money to fly that thing, but if other people want to, then that's them.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Offer from the Dolphins was never confirmed...and if I'm understanding you correctly the 49ers sticking to their guns on salary and still getting their man is construed as a negative?

Only in Ninertalk.

Yeah only because he didn't want to move his family at the time. If we are the St Louis 49ers Jim Harbaugh is coaching on Miami. Jed was also the guy who wouldn't give Jim the new contract he wanted because he hadn't won a Superbowl.
Share 49ersWebzone