LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 300 users in the forums

Week 12 2015: Thoughts after rewatching the game...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Sorry Marvin, regarding #9 and the York banner. i'm normally right there with you, but two things:

1. York himself said to hold him accountable

2. i read somewhere that people were throwing $80-$100 dollars or something like that to that GoFundMe account. i don't think that's ridiculous at all considering how much it costs for Jerseys, shirts, other misc. merchandise, tickets, tailgating, NFL GamePass, etc. if that's what you do to support your team, then go for it. If you can spend money to show positive support, then you should be able to spend money to show displeasure.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Black Uniforms Need white body for numbers with a red outline. Then they would be much easier to see

Ellington Two fumbles in two games. But this time lost possession and we lost 3 points

Tackle on Palmer was fair. We was robbed, Refs need better glasses.

Overall Team Effort The 49ers should be proud of themselves. They fought hard and lifted their games to narrowly loose to one of the best teams on form in the league. Much better game then the first time around with 47-7 walloping. Much better effort than against the Slimy Seahawks
Good post.

Agree on Armstead.

Totally agree on what you wrote on Hyde.

Bosa would be great but unfortunately won't be there.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Sorry Marvin, regarding #9 and the York banner. i'm normally right there with you, but two things:

2. i read somewhere that people were throwing $80-$100 dollars or something like that to that GoFundMe account. i don't think that's ridiculous at all considering how much it costs for Jerseys, shirts, other misc. merchandise, tickets, tailgating, NFL GamePass, etc. if that's what you do to support your team, then go for it. If you can spend money to show positive support, then you should be able to spend money to show displeasure.

1) So? That makes it no less ridiculous. Does he deserve criticism? Abso-freakin-lutely. Its taken on a Hitler-esque life though and it's totally ludicrous. You'd think fans had never seen a team lose before. You'd think Jed purchased the team 2 days ago and traded away the entire team the next day. It's such an extreme over exaggeration. Its like Fox News and the War on Christmas.

2) IMO a total waste of $80-$100. All it proves is that people don't get it.
Originally posted by Jcool:
"He hired Sing but fired him quickly when he realized the mistake."

I don't think we agree on the definition of quickly... He coached for 40 games over 3 seasons which included a disastrous offense coordinator search.

"He got the stadium built when NOBODY else had been able to do so in CA in the last 50 years (including Jeds uncle)"

"Guess what? This team would likely have struggled WITH Harbaugh."

Makes me think of this comment from over the weekend:

Bay Area Sports Guy‏@BASportsGuy
All the Jed apologists can cling to now is (1) Harbaugh never won a SB and (2) JH wouldn't have gone to playoffs bc 2015 roster is so weak.

Dan Dibley ‏@dandibley Nov 29
@BASportsGuy and the eternal "he built a new stadium" card and the true diehards will cite #SB50 as a boon for all of us LOL

"and he HIRED Harbaugh."

He low balled Harbaugh and only got him because he didn't want to move his family at the time. So he did everything he could to screw up the no brainier choice and only because of location got him.
I forgot when paying top ten money at the time for a college coach was lowballing, guess I missed that memo. harbaugh was set at 5 million a year, which would have tied him with jack del rio at 10.... for a guy who hadnt coached in the league. Yeah, low balling.....

Sing went 5-4 and 8-8 in his first two seasons. If you take out the hindsight, I think most all of us were expecting big things after that 8-8 season.

I am of the same mind of Marvin. Jed has really f**ked up, but I do think he wants to win.
Originally posted by Marvin49:

1) So? That makes it no less ridiculous. Does he deserve criticism? Abso-freakin-lutely. Its taken on a Hitler-esque life though and it's totally ludicrous. You'd think fans had never seen a team lose before. You'd think Jed purchased the team 2 days ago and traded away the entire team the next day. It's such an extreme over exaggeration. Its like Fox News and the War on Christmas.

Nothing about online quips is Hitler-esque. If Jed doesn't have a grownup's emotional barrier between him and his tweet's comment section, he certainly has someone managing the account for him.

And people are voicing their displeasure. What is there to not get? The $1000 bought A LOT of negative publicity -- anyone remotely tuned into the 49ers on Sunday was aware of it. They're voting with their dollar. It's not a stretch to imagine people that passionate about the 49ers would have spent the cash on the 49ers in a more positive way if they weren't so upset.
Originally posted by BodhiPaddlesOut:

Nothing about online quips is Hitler-esque. If Jed doesn't have a grownup's emotional barrier between him and his tweet's comment section, he certainly has someone managing the account for him.

And people are voicing their displeasure. What is there to not get? The $1000 bought A LOT of negative publicity -- anyone remotely tuned into the 49ers on Sunday was aware of it. They're voting with their dollar. It's not a stretch to imagine people that passionate about the 49ers would have spent the cash on the 49ers in a more positive way if they weren't so upset.

$1000 for what purpose? What did it accomplish?

IMO, just made Niner fans look bad.
One game a player doesn't make.

Vance McDonald needs to be cut this offseason. His negatives FAR outweigh one decent showing against a team that overlooked us in a lost season.

Keep in mind, he did fumble after that one reception and I could friggin' FEEL him do it right before he did. I knew it was coming. Granted, it went out of bounds but a fumble is a fumble. This guy can't catch or secure the ball; he needs to be gone.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran

And it wont change the CEO
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
One game a player doesn't make.

Vance McDonald needs to be cut this offseason. His negatives FAR outweigh one decent showing against a team that overlooked us in a lost season.

Keep in mind, he did fumble after that one reception and I could friggin' FEEL him do it right before he did. I knew it was coming. Granted, it went out of bounds but a fumble is a fumble. This guy can't catch or secure the ball; he needs to be gone.

Actually TWO good weeks.

You're also DEAD wrong about #9. If you think Jed has the team's best interests at heart, you're sadly mistaken. The only thing the banner disappointed me with is that it wasn't a stronger message. Give Harbaugh and Fangio this roster and the Niners are ABSOLUTELY better than 3-8.

Were you one of the people predicting that we'd still win 10 games this year while everyone who was being realistic knew we'd go 5 wins at best?
Originally posted by Goatie:

And it wont change the CEO

So which is it? He's in an ivory tower or he's impervious to being booed back into his Luxury box and planes flying overhead with a glorified "f**k you"...?

1. With social media and etc. the witch hunt is expect. that's all i'll say on that. and i agree, as much blame as he's getting for the teams play this season, he has deserved the credit for helping put together the '11-'14 teams. but the whole thing that got to me, was he was so quick to put blame and say "sorry for the teams performance" when he had someone to throw under the bus and now with "his guys" he is nowhere to be seen. the sense i get, is that he'll only come around if the team starts winning......

2. i didn't put in money personally, but how people spend their money is their business. all i'm saying is that it's within the budget on what people normally spend to express themselves towards football.

but the sense i get from you this, the fans have gone crazy this year, and i 100% agree on that.
Great post after the game as always, Marvin. Keep up the great, thoughtful, and insightful posts that are not so prevalent here in NT.

Your #9 is right on the mark. I've been a fan of the team growing up through thick-and-thin since 1976 before Walsh...I've seen the bad (pre-Walsh), the great (Walsh & Seifert), the very good (Mooch), the bad (post-Mooch), the very good (Harbaugh era), and the not-so-good-but-promising (which is now...good young talent, a ton of salary cap $ available, a lot of draft picks upcoming and unfortunately we'll have a good draft slot due to this season...just need some better coaches in place especially at HC and wish Tomsula could stay as DL coach but won't happen). Now, let's see what Baalke (and York) can do going forward.

I will always be a die-hard Niners fan and will never pull for this team to lose to "improve their draft position" or doing so in hoping the HC gets fired. I'll never understand that mentality - maybe it's a generational thing, I don't know.
[ Edited by LottDMontanaO on Nov 30, 2015 at 2:58 PM ]
Im with Marvin. That banner is just stupid.
This being thanksgiving weekend I would have donated that money to a food bank or given it to some other charity. What a complete waste of money.

You people who hate jed, instead of paying for a childish banner that does nothing, why don't you boycott the team. Don't go to the game. Don't buy 49er gear.
STOP PUTTING MONEY IN THE GUYS POCKETS!!!!!!! At least that will actually accomplish something.
[ Edited by maximusdecimus on Nov 30, 2015 at 2:50 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone