LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 282 users in the forums

Biggest positional problem right now?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Biggest positional problem right now?

We all know the coaching and front office problems so no need to bring them up. What is our weakest position/positional group on the team?

I think we all agree but I wanted to get the zones general take on this.

OL easily.
The fundamentals: OL and Pass rush.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
OL easily.

this. always has been and yet the coaches and powers to be have done,,,, oh forget it
  • thl408
Martin and Pears are horrible run blockers.
Da trenches
I would break the bank for Alex Mack in the offseason. If we bring in Mack and Davis comes back like he is expected to, what would be a huge weakness would immediately turn into a strength.
Originally posted by cciowa:
OL easily.

this. always has been and yet the coaches and powers to be have done,,,, oh forget it

Ditto!

However, in regards to coach Tomsula ... as someone else said, his tenure will be defined by how he does with the remaining games.
With the exception of the Bengals, all others ARE winnable games ... IF ... they play like they played against the Cards.

Even if Tomsula just shows some major improvements ... don't hold your breath about getting a new coach after the season.
Keep in mind that this organization is: C H E A P all starting with Papa John York... and if Trent Baalke stays, he will want to remain in control.
[ Edited by Kauaiguy on Nov 30, 2015 at 11:45 AM ]
Originally posted by cciowa:
OL easily.

They tried. The draft picks were busts and the free agents were even bustier.

OL FAIL...big time.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Right-side of the O-line, hands down biggest problem. Why Chryst continues to call running plays that way is pitiful (sarcasm meter on please), and Pears is horrible as a RT I can't wait till Anthony Davis comes back.

O-line and pass rush

and our defense on the road as a whole

home: 16 ppg allowed

road: 35 ppg allowed
  • lazy
  • Veteran
OL
  • frenz
  • Veteran
Given how a lot of the community feels right now, I was surprised to not see "o Owner/Management" as an option.

That said, I'm still a real newbie to watching football but even I can see that we can't run block worth s**t, and that our pockets collapse too fast compared to most other teams.
Why isn't coaching an option????
OL x 1000000000000000.............
Share 49ersWebzone