LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 363 users in the forums

It is time for a new Regime: BE HOLD THE ERA OF THE FRO!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • MikeD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BodhiPaddlesOut:
Please don't let the Cowboys beat us for a higher pick.

Yeah at this rate they might pick a QB ahead of us
Yes! Build a "Walshi Board" so we can communicate at every necessity.Might get worn out from use.
Originally posted by English:
Organise seance and communicate with Bill Walsh. Remind him that he owes us one for f'ing TDon. Light blue touch paper and .........
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by scottym:
Yes! Build a "Walshi Board" so we can communicate at every necessity.Might get worn out from use.
Originally posted by English:
Organise seance and communicate with Bill Walsh. Remind him that he owes us one for f'ing TDon. Light blue touch paper and .........

Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Originally posted by Dingo:
One mandatory lateral pass per game.

Just read a story about a high school coach trying to design plays with lateral passing, downfield. I will keep an eye on and post film if I can find it. He has been watching a lot of rugby, looking for ideas.

A lateral after a downfield pass play would make teams defend differently. Now receivers are try to block for the ball carrier, attracting tacklers to the ball. If the hung back for a lateral, it would force defenders to do the same, creating more running room for the ball carrier.

I love these ideas.

Always thought that if you could bring out 3 rugby stars on the field to pair up to two fast wideouts, you'd have an interesting downfield attack for those hail mary type situations (80 yards to go in 15 seconds).

Conventional wisdom says laterals are too risky, and even when successful they are FROWNed upon.

It would be the next big innovative thing in the NFL offense wise, if it can be pulled off.
  • Dingo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:

Just read a story about a high school coach trying to design plays with lateral passing, downfield. I will keep an eye on and post film if I can find it. He has been watching a lot of rugby, looking for ideas.

A lateral after a downfield pass play would make teams defend differently. Now receivers are try to block for the ball carrier, attracting tacklers to the ball. If the hung back for a lateral, it would force defenders to do the same, creating more running room for the ball carrier.

I love these ideas.

Always thought that if you could bring out 3 rugby stars on the field to pair up to two fast wideouts, you'd have an interesting downfield attack for those hail mary type situations (80 yards to go in 15 seconds).

Conventional wisdom says laterals are too risky, and even when successful they are FROWNed upon.

It would be the next big innovative thing in the NFL offense wise, if it can be pulled off.
One lateral, it isn't much. And then, and then...you can throw dummy laterals with no risk and the defence won't know their ass from their elbow. We only have the best lateral passer ever to set foot on US soil.

I'm looking at you Fro.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:

I love these ideas.

One lateral, it isn't much. And then, and then...you can throw dummy laterals with no risk and the defence won't know their ass from their elbow. We only have the best lateral passer ever to set foot on US soil.

I'm looking at you Fro.

First, I know the power of the lateral. BE HOLD! MY ALUMNI DISPLAYING THE POWER OF THE LATERAL!

• Dingo
  • Veteran
Not quite what I had in mind, but
Share 49ersWebzone