LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 154 users in the forums

Ray Ray Armstrong

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
hope they trade bowman. he deserves much better.

this guy is such an obvious troll. Anyone who actually felt that way would choose another team.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
When a vet spots another vet trolling (with sarcasm) they really don't give it much thought, it's all good...

Just know tho, the vet's trolling struck a nerve. Game Point
Originally posted by Passerby49:
Why would we trade Boman? Bowman still very much wants to play for us, he is a leader in our locker room and the youth of our team needs him just as much as us fans cheer him on. He learned a few tricks learning at the knee of Patrick #52 Willis in his tenure, now he is relied to help Hodges form into the player our coaches believe him to be.

The 9ers went all chemistry these past few drafts... Armstead and Buckner, Ward and Tartt (played together in HS) Driskel and Taylor, Bowman and Hodges... Baalke wants that chemistry to mix onto the field and it really isn't a horrible strategy... how long it will take? That will be determined.

I believe we need to build around Bowman first and foremost, our D has potential.. our O is comprised of a bunch of unproven players, mixed with a few O players that garnished a little bit of success in the Harbaugh era.

We need Bowman!

Great point!
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
hope they trade bowman. he deserves much better.

You should find another team. You deserve much better.
Your my boy Ray Ray
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
RAY RAY from the " U " makin any noise yet??
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,200 for Hysterikal.
Originally posted by 9moon:
RAY RAY from the " U " makin any noise yet??

Lined up next to Bow with the First Stringers.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
ahhhhhhhh.... SPEED KILLS, AND HE'S A KILLAH!!!

Ray-Ray is 2" taller but the same weight as Tartt...gonna be interesting to see who wins the snaps as Bowmans sidekick handling more of the coverage responsibilities.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

Ray-Ray is 2" taller but the same weight as Tartt...gonna be interesting to see who wins the snaps as Bowmans sidekick handling more of the coverage responsibilities.

Well Tartt has the nickel/dime hybrid ILB/S position locked down. But we need a thumper and defensive fullback next to Bowman on base downs. IMHO that will be Hodges. But I could see some special coverage packages for Ray-Ray too. But he'll remain a top ST player.

Originally posted by NCommand:

Well Tartt has the nickel/dime hybrid ILB/S position locked down. But we need a thumper and defensive fullback next to Bowman on base downs. IMHO that will be Hodges. But I could see some special coverage packages for Ray-Ray too. But he'll remain a top ST player.

Think you're 100% right, but that IS cause of Tartt, guys like Ray-Ray are really valuable in today's NFL IMO, wouldn't be surprised if he learns the SS position. Has good length for it.
Think you're 100% right, but that IS cause of Tartt, guys like Ray-Ray are really valuable in today's NFL IMO, wouldn't be surprised if he learns the SS position. Has good length for it.

He played SS at Miami. Was a top rated Safety going into his senior year. I think his hips are to stiff to play SS.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

He played SS at Miami. Was a top rated Safety going into his senior year. I think his hips are to stiff to play SS.

Yeah, great athlete. O'Neil loved his coverage ability.

I really hope he gets a fair shake at ILB. He would have been my draft crush if he didn't get dismissed his last year at the U. But if it's Hodges I'll be fine with that just no more Wilhoite.

I really hope he gets a fair shake at ILB. He would have been my draft crush if he didn't get dismissed his last year at the U. But if it's Hodges I'll be fine with that just no more Wilhoite.

I hear that!
Share 49ersWebzone