LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

Chip Kelly for new coach?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Ok, the rumors are flying about coaching changes on the horizon... If we fire Tomsula and the eagles fire Kelly, should we hire Kelly? Thoughts anyone...
Lol...no
My vote is an emphatic no. I have watched a lot of Chip the last couple of years and he is a brilliant offensive mind...but his short comings at the pro level are numerous. He does not understand ball control or time of possession as a key metric to a victory, he does not understand how to be a GM but thinks he does, he does not relate well to people and actually actively alienates and casts out any player that don't fit into his view of how things are and he REALLY doesn't value talent at positions of importance thinking that his ability to coach means you can literally plug in anyone and he is just so damn good that the team will succeed.

He would make a really great OC but as a head coach his ego is so out of control that I actually think the Eagles are worse than we are and unlike here where there was huge talent exodus due to things out of our control...Chip actually forced all his lost talent out the door.
Oh, please, hire him here when he had the keys to the kingdom in Philly and laid 3 yrs of eggs? No thank you. He would be one guy that should not even be in the conversation. He would be a good hire as an OC, but HC? No, he has proved beyond reasonable doubt that he is not a pro HC. He belongs back in college
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Hell no!! His spread sh*t college offense is useless in the NFL. In fact, it is his BS offense which makes Demarco Murray look like a complete scrub. Then, you look at his D, is almost just as bad as the 9ers ranked 25th in total D.
No.
  • thl408
I can totally see Baalke giving control of player roster to Chip.
By the way:

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/183434-2016-coaching-options/

Share 49ersWebzone