There are 163 users in the forums

Should Tomsula be back next year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Should Tomsula be back next year?

how else is Jed going to get into men only meetings?
Should he ? no.

Will he ? most likely yes
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
f**k no he shouldn't be but he probably will be.
Heck no he shouldn't even finish out the season guy is gutless
  • Jason
  • Veteran
Wow. No sure why anyone would say no at this point. Two weeks to prepare and still lose by 16... Yep, he's a great game planner alright.

I watched the presser today, he said they were bringing in two QBs (they only brought in one). He also said he'd have to check on this or that with other staff. I came away wondering If he really even knows what is going on from day to day with this team. It's like the coordinators do the O, D and SP and Balke gives them players... Tomsula does what exactly? Decide when to punt????
I was just about to start a thread about this....

I know I'm in the minority, but I think Tomsula SHOULD be back as HC next year. I'm not gonna make him a scapegoat for things he can't control. Here is my rationale for why we should keep him:

- We all knew this season would be a disaster based purely on the roster makeup and coaching regime change before the season started. So why all the hate on Tomsula now? Fire him because he didn't pull a rabbit out of a hat and turn in a winning season with a team full of rookies and veteran scrubs? That's messed up. This team was headed downhill last year... with Harbaugh, Fangio, Gore, A. Davis, Iupati, Willis, Crabtree, J. Smith, A. Smith, Cox, Culliver, Borland, etc. We loose all those guys and you expect a brand new head coach to magically turn it around? That is irrational.

- Tomsula was hired partially to fill the role of a coach who is a good teacher. Someone who could develop young talent. From what I can see, he's already done a better job of that than Harbaugh did in that regard. Examples: working A. Tiller from a practice squad guy into a starting RG. I love how that all transpired. Gave him just a little bit at a time until he was ready. When was the last time we saw that happen? I'm happy to hear that he's moving Tank Carradine outside where he belongs. Finally. We'll see how that works out. Armistead, Ward, Tarrt, Gabbert, Hyde, Celek, Patton, Lynch.... all young guys that have improved their game under Tomsula.

- Everybody is hating on Tomsula for not going for it on 4th down against Seattle. That is crazy because Harbaugh NEVER would have gone for it in those situations. He was always conservative. He never would have asked his offense to go for it on 4th and long in their own half of the field. Neither would most other coaches.

- Game planning.... I think the game plans (offensively anyway) have been decent. Take what the defense gives you. Be unpredictable. Our offense has certainly been much less predictable than under Roman. That is crucial when your OL isn't playing well. Coaches are helping their limited talent perform their best by using appropriate scheme.

- Why would you fire someone who's most valuable attribute is as a teacher? Give him time to develop players and have a few drafts to work through the system and then judge him. I want to see the percentage of Baalke draft picks that pan out under Tomsula vs Harbaugh. I think that will be a telling statistic if/when we have enough history to compare.

Anybody/everybody, I'm anxious to hear if anybody else feels the same way.
he should be back because next season tomsula will become the next jeff fisher with his mustache. book it!
No
Flat out no

Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
If Tomsula is back next year, then Jed York Just Flat Out Don't give a Fck about winning or NFL Football at all. He just wants profits. If Tomsula is back I will be ticked off and I will continue to Laugh at the Bald 20something year old Goof Ball who got kicked out of a meeting by the Real owner of Levi Field James Harbaugh.

This post has me curious. Did Harbaugh kick York out of a meeting?
Originally posted by Sourball:
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
If Tomsula is back next year, then Jed York Just Flat Out Don't give a Fck about winning or NFL Football at all. He just wants profits. If Tomsula is back I will be ticked off and I will continue to Laugh at the Bald 20something year old Goof Ball who got kicked out of a meeting by the Real owner of Levi Field James Harbaugh.

This post has me curious. Did Harbaugh kick York out of a meeting?

Report: Jim Harbaugh told CEO Jed York that meeting was for 'men only'

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/report-jim-harbaugh-told-ceo-jed-york-that-meeting-was-for-men-only-060815
Unless Jed can find someone cheaper.
I don't think he should have been hired, but I don't think he'll be fired, either. I have the feeling this is an evaluation year. A lot of these young players didn't get the opportunity to play when Harbaugh was here, and we couldn't keep that defense together forever... those Willis, Borland, and A. Davis retirements really screwed us, and with all the injuries on the offensive side of the ball, you can't really say it's all Tomsula's fault. I mean, he's coaching PS players and second stringers.
Originally posted by jedediahyork:
I don't think he should have been hired, but I don't think he'll be fired, either. I have the feeling this is an evaluation year. A lot of these young players didn't get the opportunity to play when Harbaugh was here, and we couldn't keep that defense together forever... those Willis, Borland, and A. Davis retirements really screwed us, and with all the injuries on the offensive side of the ball, you can't really say it's all Tomsula's fault. I mean, he's coaching PS players and second stringers.

But he has no desire to win. Look at him not going for it on 4th and that tells you he should not be coaching in the NFL, but he comes at a cheap price.
Share 49ersWebzone