LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 224 users in the forums

Should Tomsula be back next year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Should Tomsula be back next year?

Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Originally posted by KezarLivin:
Considering Tomsula is a defensive coach, I'm amazed at how shambolic the defense is. The drop-off in quality should never happen like this if you hire a defensive coach. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the last NFL job Tomsula ever has.

With that said, idiot nimrod Jed is going to bring him back another year.

Agree 100%. Cannot believe how bad the 49ers defense is with a Defensive Headcoach "TEACHER" and a defensive drafting Screwball GM who picks almost nothing but defense.

We can blame Mangini all we want, but the idea behind hiring a defensive HC is that if the DC falls short the defensive minded HC is there to fix it. I just think that this has exposed that Tomsula brings nothing to the table.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Considering Tomsula is a defensive coach, I'm amazed at how shambolic the defense is. The drop-off in quality should never happen like this if you hire a defensive coach. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the last NFL job Tomsula ever has.

With that said, idiot nimrod Jed is going to bring him back another year.

Agree 100%. Cannot believe how bad the 49ers defense is with a Defensive Headcoach "TEACHER" and a defensive drafting Screwball GM who picks almost nothing but defense.

We can blame Mangini all we want, but the idea behind hiring a defensive HC is that if the DC falls short the defensive minded HC is there to fix it. I just think that this has exposed that Tomsula brings nothing to the table.

Tomsula brings a lot to the table.

1. He is a yes man
2. He is cheap, which helps the Yorks make mortgage payments on shiny stadium
3. He allows Jed in men only meetings.
4. He is the next Steve Kerr
This was classic jed HC pick....no real thot went into it until really late and then it got screwed up with Gase, fangio, et al, and Jed was just not prepared. He better be for this next season, and i pray he is looking now for his HC for the future yrs. Tomsula....is not it.
lol @ people saying "firing tomsula is not the answer!"

i'll agree that it's not the entire answer, but it is part of it. now of course if we go out and hire another loser coach, we're right back where we are now. so from that angle, sure i agree. but tomsula should not be a hc in this league. our teams are always unprepared. we had a bye week leading up to our game in seattle and we could on flat as hell and look awful. we had a week and a half to prepare for the rams and we looked awful. so basically, every single week, our only hope to win the game is that we just flat out destroy the other team physically and on an individual basis because our coaches will not scheme us any wins and will not have our players prepared. for that reason alone i want tomsula and this entire coaching staff fired. its a f**king embarrassment watching this team play every week and that falls on the head coach first.

so, if you think firing tomsula alone isn't the answer and won't turn us into a 12-4 team, i agree. but if you think tomsula should keep his job, and you've watched every game this year, you are delusional. start over with a coaching staff that knows what it's doing. maybe we succeed with this new coaching staff, maybe we don't, but i can guarantee you tomsula will never be the headcoach of a playoff team in this league. not this year, not next year, not 5 years from now or however long you think he deserves.
Consistency is pretty underrated by fans, but Tomsula should have not been hired in the first place.

He's a nice guy that teaches leverage and how to club lineman. Zero faith in him becoming a great head coach or using any connections to upgrade the already abysmal coaching staff.
The only thing that gives me hope that Jed York can fix this thing is watching Eddie DeBartolo's "A Football Life." He admitted that he knew nothing about football and had to surround himself with competent football men, which eventually led to bringing in Bill Walsh.

Right now, the only such person in the building is Trent Baalke, and although I like Trent overall, there is no one else who fits the description of being a football man. We need to start by hiring someone to truly run the franchise. This has been said before by many other posters. That person will be charged with righting this ship. The good news is that this can be done right now. We don't need to wait until the season is over. They need to begin putting together their plan going forward right now. Said President will do the job of getting rid of this coaching staff and putting together a quality team structure in place. Jed York (or anyone in that family) should have no say so in this decision making process, and that includes Paraag Maathe.

I wish I was in the room when the decision was made that Jim Tomsula is the guy. That this staff could get it done. I tried to support, being a loyal fan, but we all knew this was bad from the very beginning.
Share 49ersWebzone