There are 141 users in the forums

Do you want the 49ers to lose the rest of the games for a better draft spot?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do you want the 49ers to lose the rest of the games for a better draft spot?

It's hard to root for them to lose, but if the other teams can win as well (way to go Lions!), the Niners can still get a high pick.
Originally posted by lbc49er:
It's hard to root for them to lose, but if the other teams can win as well (way to go Lions!), the Niners can still get a high pick.

It's that rare (maybe not that rare) time where I'm happy with whatever happens. It's pretty nice to not stress for once lol. Last year was one of the most frustrating seasons I can remember.
Originally posted by PowderdToastMn:
Originally posted by lbc49er:

It's that rare (maybe not that rare) time where I'm happy with whatever happens. It's pretty nice to not stress for once lol. Last year was one of the most frustrating seasons I can remember.

That's exactly how I feel. I pretty much don't care what happens this year.

And I agree, last year was brutily stressful.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I always want them to win but I'm not going to be upset if they lose. Each loss brings them just a tad bit closer to the end of this Tomsula disaster.

This is where I am. I look for us to win and play well every game but I'm not upset if we lose knowing we're cracking the top 5.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
It's gonna take not just losses but blowout losses to force jed to make changes imo.
Originally posted by susweel:
It's gonna take not just losses but blowout losses to force jed to make changes imo.

And even then, the all important analytics database may prove otherwise
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Nice post , frenz

Wally, i have been on record with that very thot beginning 8 games ago.

Tony, yes it does...but so do a lot of others. Plenty of room for us to draft a starting OL with out first hi pick in rd 1 and hopefully we have gotten rid of our 13 or 14 picks and have another pick in rd 1 to pick up a 2nd starting OL. We can get Pouncey or Mack at C in FA. Then we get a starting OLB passrusher in rd 2 with out first of 2 picks in rd 2. Then we get a starting DT with our second rd 2 pick. By that time we will have burned all 14 picks that trent had traded to get us two #1s and two #2s. No more 13 picks that get used for potential players. We have a team full of potential. We need starters, and if we got 2 rd 1s and 2 rd 2s, that would be a stellar draft IMO. Problem is, trent has showed the opposite, getting more than 12 picks each yr and then using them all. It is finally time for him to bundle picks 5s, 6s and 7s for more 4s and 3s, and then bundle the 3s and 4s for an extra 2 and an extra 1. We may have to throw in a current player to make it go, but hey, we got a teamful of those. Let's make some use out of them.

While on the subject, IF, IF, trent does not :"bundle up", then he deserves to be fired ....on the spot. If he wants to fill this team with 45 or 53 potential players, fine. But we need 3 OL starters, an OLB passrush starter, a DT starter, a CB starter who is 6'3" and 225 lbs, and is fast as a rocket. To draft for future yrs or draft for potential, make zero sense now. TRent has to bring home the bacon with a winning team this yr, and if he doesn't do the above, then he derserves firing. If gab plays well enough, and i pray he does, then we don't have to burn a high pick this yr on a qb. Get the rest of the team first, then in 2017, get the franchise QB. We need our high picks elsewhere this yr. IF gab can be the bridge qb for 2016, that is a terrific bonus for us. IF he happens to play his way onto the team as a bona fide franchise starter, well, so mch the better.

Phoenix, I too want us to play to win, but with our sub par to lousy coaches, that makes it very difficult....hence, we are inadvertently working our way toward a hi first rd pick rather quickly.

cc, having our guys win in spite of our coaches, will be tough, as we have lost basically all our great talent to injury, age, signing for more money elsewhere, etc. Our coaches have failed our team, and i mean completely failed. Our HC is so scared he is playing NOT TO LOSE, and we all know where that leads. So yes i would like to see our guys win in spite of our coaches, but the cupboard is bare. Asking these guys to win in spite of the coaching stafff is tough, when you just don't have the talent. So inspite of shiddy coaches, our talent has eroded off the map.

And this idea of tomsula, a lousy asst coach, not to mention a krapy HC, deserves one thing....being fired. And personally, i would fire him now to put every other coach on alert. Mangini better not be here next yr either. As we both have noted before, we need a complete housecleaning of all coaches. They have failed singly and collectively. Not a one of them deserves his paycheck nor his title.

I think that covers most of it. As for trent, if he brings us 2 rd 1 picks and 2 rd 2 picks, then he stays. Since i don't believe that is in his DNA, then he should join the rest of the coaches in a mass exodus.

Agree

IMO, getting the 1-2 best OLine FA who are proven would go a long way to that end.
If we continue to win meaningless games, the 9ers ownership may keep Tomsula next year. Now that I think of it, I could care less about the draft spot. I just don't want these coaches to return next year. This coaching staff will never win a Super Bowl.
[ Edited by PatrickWillisHOF on Dec 7, 2015 at 4:35 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone