There are 211 users in the forums

Do you want the 49ers to lose the rest of the games for a better draft spot?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do you want the 49ers to lose the rest of the games for a better draft spot?

Originally posted by 9erguy:
You play to win the game. If we happen to lose the rest, so be it. Is it worth it for a gem QB this year, maybe?..but I don't know if that guy is in this draft.

You play to win the game when you have an organization that is committed to winning. The seeds of the craptacular 2015 49ers were sown during the 2014 season. I don't care about winning. What's one or two more wins gonna mean? When the house is burning to the ground why try to save the couch?

I want the 49ers to lose every game. If they lose by one point or 40 points, it doesn't matter. This is a Going Out of Business Sale and Everything Must Go! I want Tomsula, Balike, all these scrub coaches and all these scrub players to GO.

This reminds me of the bad old J.T. O' Sullivan days when I knew the 49ers were bottom feeders, opponents, easy marks and soft touches. Other teams would see the Niners on the schedule and not only say, "We got this," they would get it as well. Welcome to the Suck, Niner fans.

Let's embrace who this team is. A toxic dumpster fire with a front office full of clowns and idiots who don't have Clue One on how to rebuild what they so completely broke to pieces. It's easier to think of who to keep than whom to chuck in the trash. Bowman, Reid, Tartt, Armstead Brown, Staley, Boone, Hyde, Lynch, Miller and a few others. The rest? Cut 'em, trade 'em, give a bus ticket and let 'em go and take Jed Boy with you.

It doesn't matter if the next great 49ers quarterback isn't in the next draft. No quarterback could turn this dog crap sandwich into filet mignon. Rebuild the lines and then get around to worrying about who's tapping the center on the butt. Joe Montana in his prime couldn't make winners out of this hot mess.
When I watch the game I'm always rooting for us to win but I don't feel any different wether we win or lose its jus blah
Not paying attention to draft spots. It's because I don't have a lot of faith in Trent to pick the right guy. He could f**k up any pick be it 1st 3rd or 10th
  • Morgy
  • Hey bud, what’s your problem?
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Even with a great draft position and Tomsula being fired, what makes anyone think that Jed/Baalke will hire a good coach and make the right picks? Until Jed steps aside and hires a real football person to run the team (who then hires a real GM), we're screwed. The organization is a mess.

Until that happens, I'll root for the guys who put the jersey on and go out there and give it all they have. They want to win.
I don't even have to WANT them to lose. They will.
Originally posted by GNS1310:
Losing means new coaches and a shot at a great draft pick *cough GOFF cough*

Bring back AD, draft some studs, bring in a FA or two with our boatload of cash and get this F%$#@!& team back to where it should be!

vs Cardinals - L
@ Bears - L
@Browns L
vs Bengals L
@ Lions L
vs Rams L

Our best shot at winnable games....are the games....ON THE ROAD.
We have yet to win on the road.

Wonder what # Goff will wear???

You mean Lynch?
I honestly don't understand some of you people. Like I get the benefits and everything, but do you guys like literally cheer and root for the opposite team whenever they score on us? That's pretty embarrassing. Not to mention, the more we lose, the less attractive we look to free agents and potential coaching candidates.

The draft is also a crap shoot altogether. In some cases, having a "worse" draft position helps you since it keeps you from drafting busts.

I'm in the boat that someone mentioned earlier: still rooting for the team to win, but if they lose, it's not going to ruin my day or anything. The main thing I want is a new coaching staff, but I'm not sure if a few meaningless games will make much of a difference. I unfortunately feel that Tomsula is safe no matter what happens the rest of the season.
Whats the success rate on picks taken at 5 vs 10?
  • Stud
Top draft picks don't guarantee success. It's been proven over time. So no.
[ Edited by Stud on Nov 23, 2015 at 2:07 PM ]

Do we want to lose the remaining games? I'm sure sure any of us have a choice
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
That just screams poor coaching. The exact opposite of Harbs, when we won some unthinkable road games.
One year ago Harbs had no, not a single answer for Seattle, neither at home nor on the road.
Originally posted by crabman82:
Not paying attention to draft spots. It's because I don't have a lot of faith in Trent to pick the right guy. He could f**k up any pick be it 1st 3rd or 10th
So could anyone on any team...btw, looking up the 1st-round picks before critisizing Baalke is a very good idea.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
I honestly don't understand some of you people. Like I get the benefits and everything, but do you guys like literally cheer and root for the opposite team whenever they score on us? That's pretty embarrassing. Not to mention, the more we lose, the less attractive we look to free agents and potential coaching candidates.

The draft is also a crap shoot altogether. In some cases, having a "worse" draft position helps you since it keeps you from drafting busts.

I'm in the boat that someone mentioned earlier: still rooting for the team to win, but if they lose, it's not going to ruin my day or anything. The main thing I want is a new coaching staff, but I'm not sure if a few meaningless games will make much of a difference. I unfortunately feel that Tomsula is safe no matter what happens the rest of the season.

Agreed. Tomsula is safe. Mangini and Chryst are gone though. They will probably look to college for a new OC and bring in an NFL vet to coach the defense. Whisenhunt could also be the play at OC with Tomsula not seeing his 3rd year as head coach he could step in.
Originally posted by Stud:
Top draft picks don't guarantee success. It's been proven over time. So no.

Has it? I'd rather have a chance at picking some one before 90% of the other teams. If not there may be a team that would like to trade up...they need all the help they can get.

ohhhh and more lost games gets JT and he's cast of winners off this team.
Share 49ersWebzone