LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 218 users in the forums

anyone gonna watch mike singletary a football life?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

anyone gonna watch mike singletary a football life?

I saw the end, and was pissed when they showed all the talented players in their prime, just wasting away because of poor coaching. Imagine if Harbs was there then, and Sing was just the linebackers coach.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by judodono:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by smarter:
I think he could come back to us if hes got a good o coordinator to go with him

you cant be serious

I saw it last night...it was excellent. Singletary is quite a man...and is preparing hard to become more adept at understanding and directing offenses, defenses & ST's. I don't know if he'll get another shot at being a head coach...but he's working toward that. You have to admire his determination...he admitted he thought his leadership abilities could guide the Niners to a championship. He understands that's not enough, so is delving much deeper into the X's and O's. I'd recommend this program highly.
Sing wanted winners, got fired, rats still here.
"I believe in our country, in society, the saddest thing has happened. One thing that I want to teach our guys is to be men. If there's something that you have to say, go say it, and say that you said it,'' Singletary said. "But don't go say a bunch of stuff (without attribution). To me, that's a rat, that's a coward."
"I don't want to spend my time trying to find a rat. In time, the smell will come."
I want WINNERS , I want people who WANT TO WIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vernon needed someone to chew his ass out after that stupid penalty
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
you cant be serious

Originally posted by smarter:
I think he could come back to us if hes got a good o coordinator to go with him

you cant be serious

This in bold!
He was a great football player.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
He was a great football player.

if he would have brought in a more creative offensive coordinator , and not hired Jimmy Raye and allowed the OC to call the shots, who knows how much better he would have fared? ...he wanted us to "impose our will on the defense with the run game" , and had too much of a say in the direction of the offense, when Jimmy Raye was criticized for his "run run pass punt offense" being ineffective and not getting results, his response was "I do what I'm told" ...maybe if he would have took a page from Seifert and allowed his OC to run the show, who knows how much better the Sing teams could have been?

• pd24
  • Veteran
Anyone notice when Ray Lewis was all upset at Nolsn'a play calls? Asking why they are in pass formation when the other team is running on them.. Lol.

Reminded me of the big nickle he used to rum.
Hope he learns all of the intricacies of the game. If he can do that, then he's got a chance at being a good coach. Just needs to believe the QB is the most important position in football.
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
I want WINNERS , I want people who WANT TO WIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vernon needed someone to chew his ass out after that stupid penalty

Sing would have chewwed his ass out after his performance last year too if he was still with the team.
[ Edited by E-49er on Nov 13, 2015 at 10:47 AM ]
you can't let his time here as a HC cloud how much of an impact he actually had on the game. he was the leader of (arguably, and also not my opinion) the best single season team of all time.

......and also the superbowl shuffle............
I got better things to do like watch a caterpillar turn into a butterfly.
Share 49ersWebzone