GOD. DAMNIT.
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by socalniner:
I heard jeff garcia wants to return

i don't think the Rams would appreciate that very much
Lock this thread wtf

I didn't deserve this
On the other hand, this would make me very happy.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/where-things-stand-willis-davis/

Brown played nine snaps at right tackle, while veteran Erik Pears moved inside to right guard. If Davis is back on the team, he would have to earn his old job in a competition with Brown. Or the 49ers could decide to keep Brown at right tackle and move Davis to guard.

I always felt that Davis would be best off at guard. Best case scenario is that they sign Mack at C, Thomas or Kilgore are good to go at LG, put Davis at RG and Brown or a draft pick do well at RT.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Brown played nine snaps at right tackle, while veteran Erik Pears moved inside to right guard. If Davis is back on the team, he would have to earn his old job in a competition with Brown. Or the 49ers could decide to keep Brown at right tackle and move Davis to guard.

I always felt that Davis would be best off at guard. Best case scenario is that they sign Mack at C, Thomas or Kilgore are good to go at LG, put Davis at RG and Brown or a draft pick do well at RT.

Not gonna happen he's a darn good tackle.
Originally posted by susweel:

Who could be a much better guard, like he was in college before they put him at tackle simply because he was the best lineman on the team by far. His issues with speed rushers would be negated through the position shift. I don't expect those issues to have improved much after a year away on the couch.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Nov 12, 2015 at 10:44 AM ]

Davis is probably on the couch eating twinkies right about now
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by socalniner:
I heard jeff garcia wants to return
i believe that, he has wanted to come back ever since nolan was here. of course they should have brought him back and had alex set behind him but thats a whole other story

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Who could be a much better guard, like he was in college before they put him at tackle simply because he was the best lineman on the team by far.

Yes but why would they put a lesser talented player at a more crucial position ?
Yes but why would they put a lesser talented player at a more crucial position ?

Could be less talented but a better fit for the position.

I would say that Davis is a lot more talented than Jared Veldheer, I still wouldn't want him playing at left tackle while Veldheer typically dominates there on the basis of being such a strong pass blocker.
That was exciting
Originally posted by PrisonOfGlass:
That was exciting

Spoilsport!!
Share 49ersWebzone