There are 248 users in the forums

Patrick Willis return? Anthony Davis

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Source tells Bleacher Report Patrick Willis may come out of retirement. Anthony Davis definitely will.

Link :

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2588661-buzz-willis-davis-eyeing-2016-return-to-sf
bleacher report just said its rumored p willy may come out of retirement and anthony davis definitely is. i think we already knew this about AD but if willis did too. wow. but what if he comes back and doesnt even come to the niners, goes to someone who will throw a bunch of money at him like the raiders ya hes past his prime but 50% of patrick willis is better than most ILBs. and the current state our roster could use any and all help.
Originally posted by stefano89:
bleacher report just said its rumored p willy may come out of retirement and anthony davis definitely is. i think we already knew this about AD but if willis did too. wow. but what if he comes back and doesnt even come to the niners, goes to someone who will throw a bunch of money at him like the raiders ya hes past his prime but 50% of patrick willis is better than most ILBs. and the current state our roster could use any and all help.

If he comes back won't he still be under contract with the Niners?
Can't open the link right now does any one care to expand? How likely is it that he's coming back?
Yes, if you listen, Cole is talking about them returning to the Niners, not about them returning to the NFL. This would be great news if true.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

Yes still under contract. He wouldn't go anywhere else... Bowman is his boy. He will want to play with him again. Please come back PWilly!!!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
Yes, if you listen, Cole is talking about them returning to the Niners, not about them returning to the NFL. This would be great news if true.

you know how some will try to spin it though or read what they want into it
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
Can't open the link right now does any one care to expand? How likely is it that he's coming back?

It's a rumour. Coke claims to have spoken to a source who says PW is considering his return and that Davis is pretty much decided to return. Still rumour, though.
Originally posted by braap49er:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

Yes still under contract. He wouldn't go anywhere else... Bowman is his boy. He will want to play with him again. Please come back PWilly!!!

We'd certainly have the cap space to keep Willis. That would be quite interesting.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Seeing Patrick Willis next to Bowman again would hobestly make me shed a tear. Im not gonna get excited.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
i would love him back and i would trust him to know whether or not he can play at a high level. i do not want to see him stumbling around out there, it would be heartbreaking but I trust him to do what he thinks best. lets not get to nuts people

The 49ers control both players rights. They can't sign with any other team.
They all want to come back after hearing rumors Kap won't be here next season and seeing Blaine beating the Falcons.
  • Kuya
  • Veteran
Now we just need another OLB to pair with the bash bros inside and lynch on the outside

Hopefully (if he comes back) the year off rejuvenates his mind, soul and career
Originally posted by braap49er:
They all want to come back after hearing rumors Kap won't be here next season and seeing Blaine beating the Falcons.

Or they all took a break from football because the niners leadership (jed, baalke and Harbs) was a joke last year and players got sick of it. Wait, did we have a bunch of really weird things happen where people left last year? Thought I heard that somewhere.

Just giving the other side of possible ridiculous ideas that are sure to come.
Share 49ersWebzone