LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 261 users in the forums

Do we continue to start Johnson and Cromartie at CB?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do we continue to start Johnson and Cromartie at CB?

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by crabman82:
Should we? Yeah probably. Especially Johnson he's always looked good when he plays. Will we? Lol f**k no not with this mickey mouse staff.

i always used to think,, our secondary coach was actually decent?

Coach Lewis has done a fine job with the young guys
well that is one thing out of 50 i have actually been right about this year

yeah I still wish we made Donatell our DC though...

me to. i hated mangini last year and i hate him this year, despite last week
I think johnson and acker should start with comartie coming off the bench as a rotational player, ward in the slot. I want to see cromartie play more for sure. Brock has been bad and should lose his spot, plus we drafted/drafted/are developing these young guys, let them play.
DJ should play more...but he's more of a press man. Brock is still the #1 but we see so much of all these guys because of all the different coverage schemes...hoe about Ward? He's been playing pretty den good as well.
Originally posted by philosoraptor:
I think johnson and acker should start with comartie coming off the bench as a rotational player, ward in the slot. I want to see cromartie play more for sure. Brock has been bad and should lose his spot, plus we drafted/drafted/are developing these young guys, let them play.

I agree.
our young DB's have been the silver lineing of the season.

Acker, Johnson, Reaser, Cromartie. We have so many + Brock is solid.

Completely agree - they're showing a lot of promise not just for this year but beyond. And, it's great you can put Ward in there when needed. Now, if Brock can only get healthy and stay healthy...we know he has the talent.
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
Originally posted by philosoraptor:

I agree.

plus Reaser still has an upside, if Cromartie and Johnson can consistently have strong showings against top WR's ,our CB's will be set for quiet awhile...Acker, Johnson, Reaser, Cromartie and Ward (nickel back duty) will be a strength for seasons to come ....I don't see Brock coming back next year, if the young guys finish the season strong, they all have upsides and will to continue to improve
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:

Completely agree - they're showing a lot of promise not just for this year but beyond. And, it's great you can put Ward in there when needed. Now, if Brock can only get healthy and stay healthy...we know he has the talent.

But but Marcus peters was supposed to be the pick not AA

If there are two positions I'm confident in baalke drafting its DB and LB.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

30th-ranked pass defense in the league gives you confidence?
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Yes, keep 'em going! i love Comrartie's run suport. it was great to see him be so aggressive and solid tackling. The same goes with Ward & Tartt. Johnson was awesome in coverage. I love these young players. it's something to look forward to.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:

ward coming along finally has given us more and better flexibility in our options as we go along

i dont think they will start given the stubbornness of our coaching staff to admit personnel mistakes but i think we will be seenig a heavier rotation of all these CBs. Good news is that our CBs will be fresh a lot of the time and giving more effort on each play,

I was really impressed in Cromartie. He played well last year against SD too given that he was PS player and he came out and played lights out. He definitely solidified himself a roster spot for this year and tenure for next year
Originally posted by Chico:
Yes, keep 'em going! i love Comrartie's run suport. it was great to see him be so aggressive and solid tackling. The same goes with Ward & Tartt. Johnson was awesome in coverage. I love these young players. it's something to look forward to.

having cromartie and tartt will really help blow up those screen passes that seahawks love to do all the time.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

Top 15 in INTs and in turnover ratio plus 14th in TDs given up. Your stat is based on yards...they could throw for 500 yards a game as long as they keep them out of the end zone I'm fine, also you have to factor in pass rush with pass defense, losing both smiths hurt the secondary...from a CB position they are playing well for a bunch of first and second year guys (minus Brock).

I don't see CB as a weakness on the defense. Getting a good pass rush is what is needed in this upcoming off season.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Nov 11, 2015 at 11:00 AM ]
they both played well I say let them start again.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

Top 15 in INTs and in turnover ratio and 14th in TDs given up. Your stat is based on yards...they could throw for 500 yards a game as long as they keep them out of the end zone I'm fine, also you have to factor in pass rush with pass defense, losing both smiths hurt the secondary...from a CB position they are playing well for a bunch of first and second year guys (minus Brock).

I don't see CB as a weakness on the defense. Getting a good pass rush is what is needed in the off season.

No, my stat is based on defensive efficiency:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef
Share 49ersWebzone