There are 322 users in the forums

Do we continue to start Johnson and Cromartie at CB?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do we continue to start Johnson and Cromartie at CB?

I say go with the hot hand, Johnson and Cromartie showed they can compete and play hard, Cromartie is stronger in run support than either Brock and Acker IMO ...and Johnson has the size and potential to be a solid starter and run with some of the bigger physical WR's in the game
Yes
our young DB's have been the silver lineing of the season.

Acker, Johnson, Reaser, Cromartie. We have so many + Brock is solid.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Acker is pretty damn good in run support from what Ive seen. A very good tackler so I wouldnt go as far as to say Cromartie is better...not yet. Cromartie needs a bigger sample size.

As far as who starts, Im all about evaluation at this point so id keep it Johnson and Cromartie. Maybe do some roational things and throw Acker in too. Im just about done with Brock. Ever since he signed his deal he cant play more than 3 or 4 games in a row.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I think Cromartie is BETTER than both Acker and Brock, yup I said it!!! I just don't think Acker or Brock could've covered thos Atlanta receivers the way he did, he blanketed Jones. Yes Jones had 137 receiving yards, BUT not all of that was on Cromartie AND Jones had ZERO TD's, IMO that's what mattered the most. And I'm not sure how much snaps Roddy White had, BUT seriously holding White to 1 catch for 20 yards HAS to mean something and credit HAS to go somewhere. How about Justin Hardy, speedy slot receiver held to 4 catches for 17 yards. That is a serious trio held without TD's....I'd go as far as to start them the rest of the season!!!
Should we? Yeah probably. Especially Johnson he's always looked good when he plays. Will we? Lol f**k no not with this mickey mouse staff.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I think Cromartie is BETTER than both Acker and Brock, yup I said it!!! I just don't think Acker or Brock could've covered thos Atlanta receivers the way he did, he blanketed Jones. Yes Jones had 137 receiving yards, BUT not all of that was on Cromartie AND Jones had ZERO TD's, IMO that's what mattered the most. And I'm not sure how much snaps Roddy White had, BUT seriously holding White to 1 catch for 20 yards HAS to mean something and credit HAS to go somewhere. How about Justin Hardy, speedy slot receiver held to 4 catches for 17 yards. That is a serious trio held without TD's....I'd go as far as to start them the rest of the season!!!

he kind of reminded me of Nate Clements when he was in his prime ...I know it was only one game, but he sure played all out to help the team win
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:
Should we? Yeah probably. Especially Johnson he's always looked good when he plays. Will we? Lol f**k no not with this mickey mouse staff.

i always used to think,, our secondary coach was actually decent?
Originally posted by cciowa:

Coach Lewis has done a fine job with the young guys
Like many fans on the Zone I've been down on Baalke but you must hand it to him, the man can pick corners and safetys. I was impressed with Cromartie and Johnson was playing out of position against slot receivers. It's good to have choices.

Johnson hell yes. Cromartie no. That dude is a scrub.
Originally posted by 9erReign:

you must be blind
Originally posted by 9erReign:

So how did he play vs the Falcons?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheXFactor:

well that is one thing out of 50 i have actually been right about this year
Originally posted by TheXFactor:

well that is one thing out of 50 i have actually been right about this year

yeah I still wish we made Donatell our DC though...
Share 49ersWebzone